You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker is so patronising

edited July 2016 in Poker Chat
It's either patronising or sarcastic. Either way, I don't want to see it again.

22:12Sky Poker: Congratulations you have successfully requested an add-on!

Comments

• edited July 2016
    I remember moaning about this on the forum when I dropped something like £150 worth of rebuys in the wednesday main just to be congratulated each time. I feel your pain
  • edited July 2016

Hi Guys,

It's not intended to be patronising - why would it? - but I do take your point.

These are just "templates" really that were set up many years ago I imagine, and, fair to say, they may have been thought through a little better. There are several of them, too - "Congratulations, you have won the hand!" is another rather irksome one, & I certainly don't need to be told "you lost the hand!".

Quite why Sky Poker have this penchant for adding an exclamation mark to the end of every sentence or statement is something I can't really explain, but it does not help to be told, "Well done on rebuying, as you just lost all your chips!" 

But it's definitely not designed or intended to be patronising.

Just try & ignore it. To be fair, these irritants are most potent when we are losing, & we don't notice them so much when we are winning.

If I were King for a Day, I'd do away with them all, but best not hold your breath.
  • edited July 2016
    You obviously have never encountered the most tilting and patronising automated messages in the universe... The Tesco self check-out automated voice, "Your Tesco clubcard points add up", I am really not sure what else they would do?

Running a close second if the real checkout operator who I have known and been served by for 15 years plus who feels the need to tell me every time to "enter my pin number on the keypad and press the green enter button". I had sort of figured that one out quite some time ago... To be fair I am sure she encounters people who fail at this complex task every day and it has just become second nature to say it. Still gets me every time though lol.

Ah a little morning rant, not like me :)

Off to Tesco to buy brekkie... good luck me. Will try not to do a Michael Douglas in 'Falling Down' (brilliant film).
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker is so patronising:
    You obviously have never encountered the most tilting and patronising automated messages in the universe... The Tesco self check-out automated voice, "Your Tesco clubcard points add up", I am really not sure what else they would do? Running a close second if the real checkout operator who I have known and been served by for 15 years plus who feels the need to tell me every time to "enter my pin number on the keypad and press the green enter button". I had sort of figured that one out quite some time ago... To be fair I am sure she encounters people who fail at this complex task every day and it has just become second nature to say it. Still gets me every time though lol. Ah a little morning rant, not like me :) Off to Tesco to buy brekkie... good luck me. Will try not to do a Michael Douglas in 'Falling Down' (brilliant film).
    Posted by markycash
    They don't say that though, do they? They always say the same thing, every time. 

Pop your pin number in.

Pop across to this till

Pop yourself down whilst we sort this.

Pop your signature on this.

Pop? POP? What do they think I am, a 5 year old?

They need to try speaking like a fully grown adult.

• edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker is so patronising : They don't say that though, do they? They always say the same thing, every time.  Pop your pin number in. Pop across to this till Pop yourself down whilst we sort this. Pop your signature on this. Pop? POP? What do they think I am, a 5 year old? They need to try speaking like a fully grown adult.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Haha, very true.

I defeated the system today and just took cash out the hole in the wall and negated the issue lol. Was rather concerned she may have said "That is £x, just pop your hand in your wallet and give me money and I will give you some change".

Better pop out and do my last pre-Vegas day at work.
  • edited July 2016
    Don't get me started on this kind of thing. 
    Oh balls! Too late

I go in one of those little Sainsburys every day. Same chap serves me every day. Every day he asks me if I have a Nectar card. Not once but twice. When I give him my purchases to scan he asks me and then again when he's all done. I should have a Nectar card but I don't. It's highly unlikely that I will have got one from the last time he asked.

I go in my local petrol station daily to buy a latte. I maybe get fuel from there once a month.
    I approach the counter and try and help.
    "Just the latte thanks"
    "Any fuel?"

"Any cakes or pastries?" Is another one. If I did want a cake or a pastry I like to think that I would have asked for one.

• edited July 2016
    Don't get me started on this kind of thing.  Oh balls! Too late I go in one of those little Sainsburys every day. Same chap serves me every day. Every day he asks me if I have a Nectar card. Not once but twice. When I give him my purchases to scan he asks me and then again when he's all done. I should have a Nectar card but I don't. It's highly unlikely that I will have got one from the last time he asked. I go in my local petrol station daily to buy a latte. I maybe get fuel from there once a month. I approach the counter and try and help. "Just the latte thanks" "Any fuel?" "Any cakes or pastries?" Is another one. If I did want a cake or a pastry I like to think that I would have asked for one.
    Posted by Jac35
    annoying but make so much money from them questions

Nectar - is part of there mystery shops and audits - customers scanning nectar card target is usually 40% - the brand measures it and forms part of the stores KPI.  My guys get shot if do not offer - even if they know you - customer behind is auditer or mystery shop... ooops in trouble!

The Fuel one - I argue it to my team in the petrol station they should know this before the customer come sin as have to authorise the pump.  Anyway - if they do not ask and you do not pay for fuel - is a civil matter, police aint interested and very hard to ever get the money back.

Cakes and pastries -- yep we do that too - be amazed the amount that say yes and that sky rockets the average spend.

Only way around it I am affraid is have exact cash on you, say latte only drop the cash and run ! haha

Try catching them out - so many times people are on auto pilot - take up a cake and put nectar card on counter - bet they still ask ;-)
  • edited July 2016
    I think they mean "congratulations you actually have enough money to rebuy!"
  • edited July 2016
    Don't get me started on this kind of thing.  Oh balls! Too late I go in one of those little Sainsburys every day. Same chap serves me every day. Every day he asks me if I have a Nectar card. Not once but twice. When I give him my purchases to scan he asks me and then again when he's all done. I should have a Nectar card but I don't. It's highly unlikely that I will have got one from the last time he asked. I go in my local petrol station daily to buy a latte. I maybe get fuel from there once a month. I approach the counter and try and help. "Just the latte thanks" "Any fuel?" "Any cakes or pastries?" Is another one. If I did want a cake or a pastry I like to think that I would have asked for one.
    Posted by Jac35

.. and the more recent addition "do you .... want a bag?"

No, I'll just stick this 30Kg of goods in my f'king pockets.

• edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker is so patronising : .. and the more recent addition "do you .... want a bag?" No, I'll just stick this 30Kg of goods in my f'king pockets.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    lol :D
  • edited July 2016
    "Deep Stack is a leisurely, relaxed poker tournament" ---  It is fluppin not! ------

It's a bunch of flopwit loonies I tell you !
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker is so patronising : .. and the more recent addition "do you .... want a bag?" No, I'll just stick this 30Kg of goods in my f'king pockets.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    lol  )))
  • edited July 2016
    Hi Guys, It's not intended to be patronising - why would it? - but I do take your point. These are just "templates" really that were set up many years ago I imagine, and, fair to say, they may have been thought through a little better. There are several of them, too - "Congratulations, you have won the hand!" is another rather irksome one, & I certainly don't need to be told "you lost the hand!".   Quite why Sky Poker have this penchant for adding an exclamation mark to the end of every sentence or statement is something I can't really explain, but it does not help to be told, "Well done on rebuying, as you just lost all your chips!"   But it's definitely not designed or intended to be patronising.   Just try & ignore it. To be fair, these irritants are most potent when we are losing, & we don't notice them so much when we are winning.   If I were King for a Day, I'd do away with them all, but best not hold your breath.
    Posted by Tikay10
    good old tk defending the bad beats on this site i commend you ;)
  • edited July 2016
    with all the proffessionals or people who know stuff about this game why are you still playing here? shouldnt you be rich already?