You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Possibly the 1st engagement of 2 Sky players?

2»

Comments

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Possibly the 1st engagement of 2 Sky players?:
    In Response to Re: Possibly the 1st engagement of 2 Sky players? : Good enough - it'll be in the first hour, so you can get off to the pub. I'll have to ask the Producer's permission - Sky Andy - but I'm sure he'll agree. If he say no, I'll get Orford to announce it - he does as he likes, as he's a "Presenter", sigh.
    Posted by Tikay10
    If he refuses then just threaten to start talking about trains - that will focus his mind :)
  • edited July 2009
    Gratz to both of you.... Marriage is an amazing journey through life with your best friend, facing all life has to throw at you with a smile on your face............... Well thats what you are sold, but once you get home you find out you live with a crazy person that has forgot where the kitchen is, turns into a monster once a month and has decided to go celibate.GL P.S Mickjen, you make me feel like i need a shower :P
    Posted by mike1975
    LOL but this one plays poker!!!

Congratulations to you both!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Possibly the 1st engagement of 2 Sky players? : Fantastic, well done guys! maybe we could run a special edition marriage blog?!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Thanks Rich. Ha yes we will bear than in mind :) it's certainly interesting now having Alana winning more at poker than me and she has only being playing a month or so! The competition is ratcheting up lol

Though Alana is still mad I have a Sky Tshirt and she doesn't! If we can keep that as it is, then I am indebted to you ;)

Dave
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Possibly the 1st engagement of 2 Sky players? : LOL but this one plays poker!!! Congratulations to you both!
    Posted by SpongeDoug
    Exactly Doug! this is rare! Alana loves it more than me now! ;)
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Possibly the 1st engagement of 2 Sky players? : Thanks Rich. Ha yes we will bear than in mind :) it's certainly interesting now having Alana winning more at poker than me and she has only being playing a month or so! The competition is ratcheting up lol Though Alana is still mad I have a Sky Tshirt and she doesn't! If we can keep that as it is, then I am indebted to you ;) Dave
    Posted by Grimstar30
    in that case you will have to sabotage her caption contest entries ;)
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Possibly the 1st engagement of 2 Sky players? : maybe we could run a special edition marriage blog?!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Perhaps we could get Tikay to give us running updates of the wedding day........ and the wedding night ;)
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Possibly the 1st engagement of 2 Sky players? : Perhaps we could get Tikay to give us running updates of the wedding day........ and the wedding night ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    Phil there are too many dodgy poker phrases to apply to that commentary !! A timeline thread lol...
  • edited July 2009

Producer Andy gave the go-ahead, so yes, there'll be a shout-out for the Happy Couple on tonight's Show.

I just have to remember their names now.
  • edited July 2009
    Producer Andy gave the go-ahead, so yes, there'll be a shout-out for the Happy Couple on tonight's Show. I just have to remember their names now.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Dave (Grimstar30) and Alana (Eliniki22), thanks TK. 

Think I may treat myself to a sleepstack soon, any favourite ones you recommend?

Dave
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Possibly the 1st engagement of 2 Sky players? : Dave (Grimstar30) and Alana (Eliniki22), thanks TK.  Think I may treat myself to a sleepstack soon, any favourite ones you recommend? Dave
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Thanks Brian.

Which sleepstack? They are all much of a muchness. Pick one to suit your - or Alana's - bankroll. Have a Last-Longer, loser to pay a forfeit.  
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Possibly the 1st engagement of 2 Sky players? : .. with no underwear you should be able to poker quite easily <sleeeeeze /> lol
    Posted by NoseyBonk[lol soooo funny
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Possibly the 1st engagement of 2 Sky players?:
    Hi guys, Thought I would let you know (seeing as we all one big Community now) that Alana (eliniki22) and myself just got engaged. Wedding in Vegas if all goes to plan;) TK-if you fancy doing a shout out pre-skysports 2 tomorrow that would be great :) Dave and Alana.
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Ok, to celebrate this we are going to look at doing a special one-off tourney in honour of the happy couple. Watch this space and we will make an announcement tomorrow.
  • edited July 2009
    I thought Richard and Tikay had gone one better and were already married? They sound like an old married couple most of the time so I assumed the conjugals had taken place!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Possibly the 1st engagement of 2 Sky players? : Ok, to celebrate this we are going to look at doing a special one-off tourney in honour of the happy couple. Watch this space and we will make an announcement tomorrow.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Sounds good Rich... :)
  • edited July 2009

Congratulations  Just remember to practice PATIENCE  THE FIRST 52 YEARS ARE THE DIFFICULT ONES !!!!!
  • edited July 2009
    Right!

take a look at the Poker lobby....

Wedding Bells. tonight 8pm -

Wedding Bells. A special one-off tournament to celebrate the recent engagement of two Sky Poker players - Grimstar30 and eliniki22. To meet the guys and say congratulations yourself, visit the forum. £100 added prize fund, 3000 chips & 10 min blinds.

Eliniki22 + Grimstar30 we have entered you both for free.

A massive thank you to Sky_Bernie for setting this up. if you see him in the forum don't forget to say thanks.

Rich
  • edited July 2009
    not the 1st sorry guys.. myself and angharad (pocket9s) both regular sky players got engaged and married over a year ago just didnt announce it..

it may be the 1st vegas wedding tho if it goes ahead in vegas.. good luck guys

daz231023