You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Pistorius gets 6 Years

edited July 2016 in The Rail

a 6 year sentence for murder? 

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2016
    In Response to Pistorius gets 6 Years:
    Posted by aussie09
    Blair gets away completely with mass murder
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    In Response to Pistorius gets 6 Years:
    Posted by aussie09
    Just think...I could have bumped the missus off 31 years ago and I would have been a free man for the last 25 years.

I don't understand why they have been so lenient tbh, deserves at least 15 years imo

Another recent story lately was of a man who came to this country from the EU - Turns out he had served a 7 year sentance for murdering his wife and then comes over here without any checks & murders an innocent girl.

Boils my blood sometimes - This is just one reason Free Movement without any checks for convictions should never have been allowed imo. OK since 2008 they have a new system in place, but unless the authorities log a serious conviction on the interpol database they can move freely undetected.

Rant over....i'm off to bump the missus off so I can live out my pension years + a few more in piece :)
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Pistorius gets 6 Years:
    In Response to Pistorius gets 6 Years : Blair gets away completely with mass murder
    Posted by VespaPX
    Let's hope not.Its not over yet.The man turned into a baddun .
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Pistorius gets 6 Years : Let's hope not.Its not over yet.The man turned into a baddun .
    Posted by chilling
    Should be sent in exile to live out his days in Baghdad.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Please understand the mitigating circumstances, there may have been hundreds of thousands if not millions of good reasons all neatly packed inside brown envelopes
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Did we see Blair's tax returns? One good reason he won't become a Lord, as you have to declare your business interests.Brown envelopes Vinny?Do you mean naughty pics of him and Bush?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    In Response to Pistorius gets 6 Years : Just think...I could have bumped the missus off 31 years ago and I would have been a free man for the last 25 years. I don't understand why they have been so lenient tbh, deserves at least 15 years imo Another recent story lately was of a man who came to this country from the EU - Turns out he had served a 7 year sentance for murdering his wife and then comes over here without any checks & murders an innocent girl. Boils my blood sometimes - This is just one reason Free Movement without any checks for convictions should never have been allowed imo. OK since 2008 they have a new system in place, but unless the authorities log a serious conviction on the interpol database they can move freely undetected. Rant over....i'm off to bump the missus off so I can live out my pension years + a few more in piece :)
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Pretty sure there are masses and masses of criminals released from UK prisons who go on to re-offend and commit all manner of crimes.

If you draw a parallel with the USA... I would bet good money that ex-criminals travel from one state to another state and re-offend. I don't think putting strict controls over travel in the USA or EU would stop this re-offending from happening, it might shift the offence from one place to another but the offence would still likely happen. Trying to figure out why the person done what they done and how they can be stopped would be more worthwhile than putting travel restrictions in place that hamper everyone IMO.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    You got some skeletons in the cupboard marky, and worried about your entry into the USA.lol 
    gl in Vegas marky, and bring back loadsa dollars.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    You got some skeletons in the cupboard marky, and worried about your entry into the USA.lol  gl in Vegas marky, and bring back loadsa dollars.
    Posted by chilling
    Ha no, clean record apart from the odd driving points for trivial things etc :)

Thanks Chilling, will try!

• Options
    edited July 2016
    look at messi, he gets 21 month sentance for tax invasion but is unlikely to serve any time in jail at all.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Pistorius gets 6 Years : Pretty sure there are masses and masses of criminals released from UK prisons who go on to re-offend and commit all manner of crimes. If you draw a parallel with the USA... I would bet good money that ex-criminals travel from one state to another state and re-offend. I don't think putting strict controls over travel in the USA or EU would stop this re-offending from happening, it might shift the offence from one place to another but the offence would still likely happen. Trying to figure out why the person done what they done and how they can be stopped would be more worthwhile than putting travel restrictions in place that hamper everyone IMO.
    Posted by markycash

Big +1 from me.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I think he was guilty from the beginning and should of got a long prison sentence lets face it from the start he didn't have a leg to stand on.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    While it is rather lenient, spousal 'spur of the moment' or 'argument' killings are, here in the UK, generally charged as manslaughter... which doesnt usually account for much more prison time than what he is facing here. This is not necessarily my thought on it, but just to show another side to the debate.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    He thought he could get away with it, now he is hopping mad
  • Options
    edited July 2016
     You all should feel sorry for him ..... he was legless at the time.!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
     When you lose both legs and your woman criticises your remaining leg she should be shot.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Some absolute hilarity in here.