You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Abusive player

edited July 2016 in Poker Chat
What if anything can be done? One player in todays £2.30 bounty hunter swore and was basically an idiot (continously)

Comments

• edited July 2016
    Best approach is just to ignore them completely and focus on your game.

It can be a good learning situation... there are so many things that can potentially tilt you in poker, learning to let that stuff go over your head and in no way tilt you is good for generally learning to not let things tilt you or at least minimising them.
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Abusive player:
    What if anything can be done? One player in todays £2.30 bounty hunter swore and was basically an idiot (continously)
    Posted by Golf51
    golf this happens quite a lot and if its personal abuse you could report it to cc these players are ussually angry with themselves  offline i swear like a trooper but i wouldnt dream of doing it online unless i was at a table with friends as marky says your best bet is to just ignore them and switch your chat off  run good and dont let these people spoil your fun
  • edited July 2016
    Thanks guys, I did switch off chat and then of course you miss the chat/banter with the others. Ho hum, fortunately not too many of those idiots.
  • edited July 2016
    I never have chat on these days as it did use to put me off when people abused after losing a hand but then that is their intention. Plus I'm rubbish at typing and playing. Downside is I fear that genuine nice chatters think I might be rude.

Great thing about Skypoker - unlike some other sites I've used - is that Sky don't display little chat bubbles when someone types. Please never change this!

The thing to remember is they are being abusive because they are bad losers hence you must be doing something right to annoy them. So if anything, take it as a compliment.
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Abusive player:
    I never have chat on these days as it did use to put me off when people abused after losing a hand but then that is their intention. Plus I'm rubbish at typing and playing. Downside is I fear that genuine nice chatters think I might be rude. Great thing about Skypoker - unlike some other sites I've used - is that Sky don't display little chat bubbles when someone types. Please never change this! The thing to remember is they are being abusive because they are bad losers hence you must be doing something right to annoy them. So if anything, take it as a compliment.
    Posted by Bustertown
    THIS ^^^
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Abusive player:
    Thanks guys, I did switch off chat and then of course you miss the chat/banter with the others. Ho hum, fortunately not too many of those idiots.
    Posted by Golf51
    hi there, ive just put up an apology on the forum for my bad language. someone reported me and ive been given a week chat ban starting from today. its not needed and shouldnt be used at all, we can all have a pop in a non offensive way but using bad language is not the correct or decent way to go about it. and as other guy said ( depending on you and how if at all you let things get to you) then just ignore it as its just them being a moron and be the better player

all the best with more bounty hunters
    stephen benhur7200
  • edited July 2016
    When I first started playing online it used to annoy me when players abused my play or me in chat,so I just turned my chat off.

Now I play with the chat off and only turn it on when I bingo/outdraw someone,so I can saviour the abuse they give me lol
  • edited July 2016
    You can just switch off chat for that player, not all chat.
  • edited July 2016
    learning to handle bad behavior is good advise only if you wish to go and play live. From a customer perspective, would you tolerate this at work, cinema, social event etc. More importantly, business perspective.The business model is based on poker sold as a social event with a community feel. No business wants to lose a paying customer and online they have a huge advantage to handle such customers. The feedback from bustertown and vespa should be unacceptable to a business and should ring alarm bells. While they continue to play others would just leave.

Offenders should get a stern written warning with a chat ban 1week,1month,1year, lifetime dependant upon the nature of abuse. 3 strikes and your out (chat only). There is no loss to business as offender can still spend money.

Its not only important to take action but to seem to be taking action thus creating the illusion the boys and girls upstairs are doing some work. To achieve this, notify players on offenders table the level of action taken .A simple gesture that builds rapport and trust. A weekly/monthly wall of shame on forum again highlighting offenders and action taken.

• edited July 2016
    Too many precious people on Sky.