You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Priority in August

edited July 2016 in Priority
Hi all, 

Make sure you make Priority status this month as we've got a huge promotion coming this August.

It will only be available to those who earn 10,000 or more poker points this month. 

More information will be posted here soon....

Cheers,
Liz

Comments

• edited July 2016
    anymore info??

would be keen to know if it is going to be a rake race or not?
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Priority in August:
    anymore info?? would be keen to know if it is going to be a rake race or not?
    Posted by jordz16
    Good morning Jordz,

More info is going to be released shortly. In the mean time I can confirm that there will be a couple of different types of promotion running through August. 

I'll keep you updated. 

Cheers,
    Liz

• edited July 2016
    any update??

I need to decide if its worth being Vitamin D deficient for the next week or not. 
  • edited July 2016
    any update?? I need to decide if its worth being Vitamin D deficient for the next week or not. 
    Posted by jordz16
    Hi Jordz,

It might be...

We'll be giving away 4 packages in the form of a Golden Ticket. Each week we will set a different points target and the first person to reach the target will receive a Punta Cana Package.

I'll give everyone a nudge once full details have been released on site.

Thanks,
    Liz
  • edited July 2016
    I'm really not meaning to critise the way Sky decide to run these promotions - but I really wish the August promo had been more widely promoted before today :(.  I had decided not to run for priority in July as I honestly don't think the mini and main priority freeroll were much of an incentive for me personally to kill myself to hit 10,000 points when I only really play tourneys rather than cash or dyms.  However if I'd known there was 4 packages up for grabs to Punta Cana I'd have made more of an effort.

I even briefly considered going mental (even more mental than usual) and trying to hit 10k points between now and the 31st but there wouldn't be enough hours in the day for me to manage it.

Good luck to all the usual priority members - hope you have a blast xx
  • edited July 2016

^^^^

Hi Rose,

I understand EXACTLY what you are saying, & I'm sorry you are disappointed.

However, if you think about it from the perspective of The Business, there is a very good reason these things are not announced sooner.

Liz tried to give a few clues & hints earlier, this is what Liz posted THREE WEEKS ago in this very thread.....

".....Make sure you make Priority status this month as we've got a huge promotion coming this August......

A nod's as good as a wink, right?

Anyway, there will be plenty of other ways to qualify for upcoming adventures. There will, trust me.

Good luck.

• edited July 2016
    I'm really not meaning to critise the way Sky decide to run these promotions - but I really wish the August promo had been more widely promoted before today :(.  I had decided not to run for priority in July as I honestly don't think the mini and main priority freeroll were much of an incentive for me personally to kill myself to hit 10,000 points when I only really play tourneys rather than cash or dyms.  However if I'd known there was 4 packages up for grabs to Punta Cana I'd have made more of an effort. I even briefly considered going mental (even more mental than usual) and trying to hit 10k points between now and the 31st but there wouldn't be enough hours in the day for me to manage it. Good luck to all the usual priority members - hope you have a blast xx
    Posted by IrishRose
    This is a sign that you have no chance of winning these prizes anyway, the big grinders will get them.

My criticism to sky would be to please stop convinicing more players to earn 10k points the previous month to enter a rake rake, anyone who wins a rake race will already be priority, any players convinced to grind this month in the hopes of a special promo actually have no chance of winning it
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Priority in August : This is a sign that you have no chance of winning these prizes anyway, the big grinders will get them. My criticism to sky would be to please stop convinicing more players to earn 10k points the previous month to enter a rake rake, anyone who wins a rake race will already be priority, any players convinced to grind this month in the hopes of a special promo actually have no chance of winning it
    Posted by chiggypig
    Completely agree-Sky is normally much better than this
  • edited July 2016
    Im normally a big fan of Sky's promotions, but lately they have all been aimed at the big grinders and big players. Double points was easily more of an incentive using the previous sky rewards scheme. For me and many others as soon as you hit 100 then you have no more of an incentive to play harder as its a whopping 400 points until the next level. 
  • edited July 2016
    Are you joking? "Big Promo in August! Don't go for priority though because it's statistically unlikely that you'll get one of those prizes. Have a nice day" 
  • edited July 2016
    would love to have been able to give it a bash at getting one of these trips but as you flew me off to vegas for a week there was no way i would of been able to get prio this month. but i do feel the criticism in the thread is abit harsh, think it will be a good promo, and wish the winners the best of luck. 

will there be any trips available to non prio members through satelittes etc?
  • edited July 2016
    Are you joking? "Big Promo in August! Don't go for priority though because it's statistically unlikely that you'll get one of those prizes. Have a nice day" 
    Posted by percival09
    ;)
  • edited July 2016

One player complains that Sky Poker should make the news of the Promo known earlier, so as to convince players to earn enough points to qualify, while another says the opposite.

Not entirely sure what The Business can do to keep everyone happy, but I'm sure it will continue to try to strike the right balance.

• edited July 2016
    would love to have been able to give it a bash at getting one of these trips but as you flew me off to vegas for a week there was no way i would of been able to get prio this month. but i do feel the criticism in the thread is abit harsh, think it will be a good promo, and wish the winners the best of luck.  will there be any trips available to non prio members through satelittes etc?
    Posted by RLT16
    Hi Lee,

I tend to agree, because the complaints conflict, but I guess that's the nature of the beast.

Packages available to non-prio players? Yes, of course. I think the best thing to do is just be patient for another day or two, then everyone will know. At the moment it's all conjecture.

The issue here - as the thread demonstrates vividly - is keeping everyone happy, everyone from the relatively small number of Prio players, to the huge majority of smaller, recreational players, & everyone in between. ALL of them deserve a shot, & that is exactly what Sky Poker try to do with these things.

As an example, for the VLV "mini" package, I sort of lost track after a while as to the proportions made available to different categories of players, but of the first 30 awarded, I think it was something like.....

Satellites - 45%

Leagues & Prio based Promos - 25%

Promos, Freerolls/HTT's, Billionth Hand promos & the like - 30%

If we just wait a day or two, we'll see how Sky Poker plan to do future packages, but I'd be surprised if it were radically different as to proportions or %'s. When new "Adventures" are announced, it's rare that players are told the full picture - generally quite a decent % of the available packages are held back, & then announced at different times for different promos. IIRC, when VLV was announced, all that was seen was the Satellite route, but as the weeks passed, various other routes were announced.

The idea, usually, is to give EVERYONE a shot at these things.

• edited July 2016
    Just thought I'd post here, Can I be un-doom switched please, Then I might consider trying to get a package!

• edited July 2016
    Just thought I'd post here, Can I be un-doom switched please, Then I might consider trying to get a package!
    Posted by BarrattG1
    Good morning Barratt,

I will pass your request up to the Sky Poker Merchant of Doom. Please be aware he is very busy right now, but your request will be attended to asap.
  • edited July 2016
    I figured that would be the case but I couldn't remember how many were given away last year as I wasn't really around much back then. In that case I'm going to have to put my whole BR into winning a trip. It's been a stressful 2 days back at work I could do with another holiday.. 
  • edited July 2016
    Hi,

Thank you for all of your feedback about the upcoming promotion and previous Priority promotions. I am now able to reveal more information and some of you may be pleased to know that we are not just doing a points race...

We will be giving away 8 packages in total.

-4 packages in total will be available to win in our Points Pursuit. The first person each week to hit the outlined weekly points target will win a package to Punta Cana.

-4 packages will be given away in our weekly Golden Ticket prizedraw. The more points earned during each week in August= more tickets entered into the weekly prizedraw. 

The promotion can be found here

• edited July 2016

Please note that to be eligible, you MUST Opt-In.

The details are on the Promo page.