You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live Update - Main Event Day 2A & 2B, Droplet Day 1.

edited July 2016 in Poker Chat

Morning all (just...).

Well that's a complicated thread title, but that's how it is, with A's & B's & Droplets & all sorts.

Details of what's in store, & some assorted waffle, will follow shortly.

Comments

• edited July 2016

Yesterday was a bruiser, we started at 8am, & finished at 1am, but we got some good interviews along the way - Shane Warne, John Arne Riise, Shane Warne, Roland de Wolfe, & eventually, after play ended just after midnight, Danny Negreanu.

The Danny interview is here.....

https://youtu.be/tiXUr23_8mE

The Rio was heaving with people, & I'm not very comfortable in crowds, so it was mental torture for much of the day.

I packed up all my stuff after we interviewed Danny, & shuffled up the Rio corridor with 3,000 or so poker players who had just finished their Day 1c, all telling flop stories. It was horrendous.

The queue at the Sports Deli (I had not eaten all day, burger & chips, mmm) was about 50 yards long so I went to the sandwich shop to get me a sandwich & a choc ice. Which would have been fine, except they were out of sandwiches & out of choc ices. Marv.

Next up, the queue for the lift (elevator....) was 25 yards long, despite their being a bank of 9 lifts.

So a bit of a challenging day, but a good night's sleep ensued & today I'm all revved up like a Network Rail Class 43.

• edited July 2016

Mr Ambo came across at around 10am this morning, so we went & recorded the daily video update outside. It's unbelievably hot here today.

Neil already has pretty raw sunburn, which he blames on 3 hours spent in something he described as the "lazy river" whatever that is. No sympathy from me. 

• edited July 2016

Meanwhile, the Main Event Day 2A & 2B has just started. (11am).

It's a bit weird, & I'm not entirely sure why, but Day 1a & Day 1b are NOT playing together today, they are being kept apart in separate flights, 2A & 2B.

Then, tomorrow, the 3,200+ survivors from Day 1C (76%) will convene for their monsta Day 2C. 

Later today, at 3pm, the Droplet starts. 

As far as I know, we have just ONE of our crew playing that. Met him last night, nice bloke, his name is (I've forgotten, sorry), he comes from (I've forgotten, sorry) & he qualified by (I've forgotten, sorry). Oddly, his +1, a very beautiful & refined young lady indeed, who was wearing a most beautiful black dress, lives in Las Vegas, where she is studying Law at the University of Nevada, here in Las Vegas.

So we'll follow him later, plus any interesting names & faces in the Main.   

• edited July 2016

I believe the qualifiers are doing a "Bus Tour" today, coming here at about 3pm (make that 5pm then), to arrange to buy in to the Droplet, then going on to Bellagio, & eventually Fremont Street.

The Welcome Party thing last night was OK, a good if "basic" buffet, & all the free drink anyone could manage. It was good to see so many familiar faces, I even remembered some of their names.

It's quite impressive how hard Sky Poker work to make the away adventures the best possible experience.

• edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Live Update - Main Event Day 2A & 2B, Droplet Day 1.:
    Yesterday was a bruiser, we started at 8am, & finished at 1am, but we got some good interviews along the way - Shane Warne, John Arne Riise, Shane Warne, Roland de Wolfe, & eventually, after play ended just after midnight, Danny Negreanu.   The Danny interview is here.....   https://youtu.be/tiXUr23_8mE The Rio was heaving with people, & I'm not very comfortable in crowds, so it was mental torture for much of the day. I packed up all my stuff after we interviewed Danny, & shuffled up the Rio corridor with 3,000 or so poker players who had just finished their Day 1c, all telling flop stories. It was horrendous.   The queue at the Sports Deli (I had not eaten all day, burger & chips, mmm) was about 50 yards long so I went to the sandwich shop to get me a sandwich & a choc ice. Which would have been fine, except they were out of sandwiches & out of choc ices. Marv.   Next up, the queue for the lift (elevator....) was 25 yards long, despite their being a bank of 9 lifts.   So a bit of a challenging day, but a good night's sleep ensued & today I'm all revved up like a Network Rail Class 43.       
    Posted by Tikay10
    You've either figured out the route to his success, where whirling around so much you accidently travelled back in time OR you have made an error. I cant believe it would be the latter so please fill us in.

BTW, thanks for all your efforts (the team too), always look forward to reading these.
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Live Update - Main Event Day 2A & 2B, Droplet Day 1. : You've either figured out the route to his success, where whirling around so much you accidently travelled back in time OR you have made an error. I cant believe it would be the latter so please fill us in. BTW, thanks for all your efforts (the team too), always look forward to reading these.
    Posted by CraigSG1
    Oh no, I've said too much

I haven't said enough

That was just a dream

Just a dream

Just a dream, dream

oooh, la-la-la la
  • edited July 2016

Stu Rutter is struggling to make headway.

He flopped a set of Kings on an A-K-J flop - a tremendous spot - but then the Q fell & the fella set him in.

After some dwellage, Stu sigh folded.

Terrible waste of a set that, but he still has 14,000 with blinds going 400-800/100 after the current break ends in 5 minutes.
  • edited July 2016
    Stu Rutter is struggling to make headway. He flopped a set of Kings on an A-K-J flop - a tremendous spot - but then the Q fell & the fella set him in.   After some dwellage, Stu sigh folded. Terrible waste of a set that, but he still has 14,000 with blinds going 400-800/100 after the current break ends in 5 minutes.
    Posted by Tikay10
    KKK seems to be a car crash hand in Vegas - I must remember to fold them pre - and only play my usual 2 3 off ...........

Best of luck Mr Rutter and any other Sky players playing today
  • edited July 2016
    How many did the Ambo finish with?
    Please tell me he did not falter late on. 
  • edited July 2016
    Hi Tony
    Thnx for all the updates.  Can you do me favour please?  I would like a list of the 40 droplet sky players with their aliases, ages, home town, footie team and whether they like sausages?
    No great hurry tomorrow morning will do.
    Cheers
    Solly
  • edited July 2016
    How many did the Ambo finish with? Please tell me he did not falter late on. 
    Posted by pompeynic
    Hi Nick,

That was pretty good I think, so good he almost - almost - looked happy with his day's work.

Worth mentioning that Neil has certain responsibilities to Sky Poker, & Sky Poker TV in particular, so it was not an easy day for him, dashing back & forth between the cardroom & the Media Centre before play & in every break.

We are also struggling to find good places to film. The Media Rules state we can ONLY film in the Media Centre filming area - a dark, dull room with terrible acoustics - or, for a maximum of 5 minutes, & accompanied by a WSOP suit with a stopwatch, in the cardrooms. Except during breaks, when we are obliged to vacate the cardroom.

So it's not easy to find decent spots to film that are not too far from the cardroom. There is an outside smoking area, but it gets fearfully congested during breaks.

So far, we have bent the rules for every single piece we have filmed - we have not done a single piece from the officially designated filming area yet.

I guess we'll get pulled up eventually, but for now, we are getting away with it.     
  • edited July 2016
    Hi Tony Thnx for all the updates.  Can you do me favour please?  I would like a list of the 40 droplet sky players with their aliases, ages, home town, footie team and whether they like sausages? No great hurry tomorrow morning will do. Cheers Solly
    Posted by SoLack
    Easy one that, Solly.

1) I have forgotten. 

2) I have forgotten.

3) I have forgotten.

4) I have forgotten. 

5) I have forgotten.

6) I have forgotten.

7) Have you hacked the account of "The CROW"?

• edited July 2016

Latest news is we officially have ONE of our lads playing the Droplet, which starts at 3.30 this afternoon.

I know he will be on Table 30, Seat 8, & I know who he is as I met him last night, along with his beautiful +1.

Until I see him when he arrives, I don't know if I can use his real name - its a very awkward area due to DPA - but I think we'll be OK.

All the other Droplet players are due here in the "Tour Bus" at 3.15, though don't hold your breath, as Sam is organising that, & he is to organising stuff what Orford is to playing poker or TV Presenting, if you get my drift.

I'm happy to lay good odds they won't be here at 3.15. To be fair to him, organising a bus load of poker players is akin to herding cats.

• edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Live Update - Main Event Day 2A & 2B, Droplet Day 1. : KKK seems to be a car crash hand in Vegas - I must remember to fold them pre - and only play my usual 2 3 off ........... Best of luck Mr Rutter and any other Sky players playing today
    Posted by IrishRose
    Was good to see you last night Rose.

You planning on playing any poker before Droplet?

You really ought to, to get the feel of how they do things here.

• edited July 2016
    You are missing Trainspotting Live Tikay.

• edited July 2016
    You are missing Trainspotting Live Tikay.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Don't remind me. Can't believe I'm missing the best TV show ever.
  • edited July 2016

oioi, let's get this party started.

• edited July 2016

We now have TWO playing Day 1a:

Stephen Burt, aka "24 calibre", Table 30, Seat 8. (Brasilia)

Mark Baillie, aka MarkyCash, Table 108, Seat 9. (Pavilion)

Different rooms, but not far apart.

• edited July 2016

The entire party, minus one or two who fell overboard along the way, arrived at The Rio an hour ago.

We did some group photos, then filmed a short piece to be sent back to the Leeds Office, then they all registered for the Droplet. More news later on who plays when, table & seat draws etc, but I do know that Irish Rose has elected to play Day 1B, tomorrow (Wednesday).

The bus tour now continues, they are off to see the "Welcome to Vegas" sign, then Fremont Street, & Bellagio Fountains. That's the plan, anyway, but Sam is "organising" it, so who knows where they may end up.

Everyone seems in good heart & spirits, too. 

So far, all good.  

• edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Live Update - Main Event Day 2A & 2B, Droplet Day 1. : Don't remind me. Can't believe I'm missing the best TV show ever.
    Posted by Tikay10

Btw I was on the Brecon mountain railway (steam train) yesterday which is about 25 million miles away from Vegas

• edited July 2016

Here's Stephen Burt, aka 24caliber......

• edited July 2016

...and here is Mark Baillie, aka Markycash..... 

Mark wanted to play today, so he can take his Dad out & about tomorrow & Thursday I think. He sat in an hour late, but in truth, that makes no real difference.  
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Live Update - Main Event Day 2A & 2B, Droplet Day 1. : Btw I was on the Brecon mountain railway (steam train) yesterday which is about 25 million miles away from Vegas
    Posted by SoLack
    * jealous *
  • edited July 2016

Today's Daily Video Update is here.....

https://youtu.be/QNsGhvVx_N8

• edited July 2016

It's now 4pm here, & midnight in the UK, so with most of you safely tucked up in bed, I'm gonna take a bit of a break & visit the gym for a few hours.

I'll be back later, & will to (try to) follow our boys right through until the end of play, which will be 2 or 3am Vegas (10 or 11am UK).  

• edited July 2016
    Don't train too hard.

Gl to all playing. 
  • edited July 2016
    Moved to Brasilia blue table 2, was settling into my last table too...
  • edited July 2016
    Moved to Brasilia blue table 2, was settling into my last table too...
    Posted by markycash
    Good luck Mark! Glad you got sorted to enter ok
    Give us a chip count..

Matt
  • edited July 2016
  • edited July 2016
    Good  luck Mark, have you asked the dealer for the extra 2 cards yet?