You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Punta Cana Satellites - and FREEROLLS - announced

edited August 2016 in Poker Chat

The Punta Cana qualifying period starts on Monday.

8 x £4,500 packages are available by this route, being 2 package in each of 4 Finals.

The first Final will be in just a fortnight - August 14th.

And yes, it's perfectly possible to win a package via the Freeroll route. 

All the details are HERE

Comments

• edited July 2016

Any questions, fire away.

Good luck.
  • edited July 2016
    if i was to fluke it there and ill be trying. which airline would any recommend. id need comfort as get bored fidgety on flights to canary islands etc which is only 4odd hours.
    i know we have to book our own.
    btw it all looks amazing.
  • edited July 2016
    Great stuff TK, looking forward to the Satellites already.

For those thinking about going for this, I'd highly recommend it.

I was lucky enough to win a seat last year and it was outstanding!

TK and JP looked after us supremely well. It was great fun, and all the Sky players were very social and supportive.

I managed a min cash, which was a bonus. (had to hold on to my 3BB's through a long bubble)

I think I was amongst the chip leaders at one point (midway through day2) with about about 450k, but then I had a couple of car crashes shortly before the bubble.

So I had to change my focus from trying to win it, to hanging on for a min cash (which was painful, but I managed it, thanks to having Mrs Bromley ardently looking over my shoulder to make sure I didn't do anything rash)

She actually bluffed me, saying, "Don't worry there's people with shorter stacks than you", when, in fact, there wasn't lol. But such was the team spirit, that she really wanted me to cash. Mr Bromley also cashed and the pair of them were a delight to be around.

There were lots of recreational players in the main event, so definitely a tournament where the average/half decent player has a good chance.

There were plenty of decent cash games going on too, again with lots of recreational players from a multitude of countries, so that was both fruitful and fun.

Would absolutely recommend trying to win a seat!

GL all.

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited July 2016
    What ever happened to JP
  • edited July 2016
    Cant there be a omaha hi lo trip on offer.Maybe a weekend in Blackpool?
  • edited July 2016
    THRILLED

Usually find it hard to fit these sort of SATs into my schedule but I am sure Mrs P will be helpful in this instance.
    You did ask for questions...

What would be happen if I use tokens to buy in?

We have never had the opportunity to save them up until now.

For example the Q/F is a total of £23.60 entry.

If I had 10 tokens saved could I use them plus 60p?

If I had 11 tokens saved could I still opt to only use 10 and top up 60p?

If I use 11 tokens do I lose the value of the £1.70 not needed?

• edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Satellites - and FREEROLLS - announced:
    Cant there be a omaha hi lo trip on offer.Maybe a weekend in Blackpool?
    Posted by chilling
    Hahaha knowing my luck would be on curfew.
  • edited July 2016
    THRILLED Usually find it hard to fit these sort of SATs into my schedule but I am sure Mrs P will be helpful in this instance. You did ask for questions... What would be happen if I use tokens to buy in? We have never had the opportunity to save them up until now. For example the Q/F is a total of £23.60 entry. If I had 10 tokens saved could I use them plus 60p? If I had 11 tokens saved could I still opt to only use 10 and top up 60p? If I use 11 tokens do I lose the value of the £1.70 not needed?
    Posted by Phantom66
    Crikey, that's complicated.

The answer to the 3 questions (in order) would probably be....

1) No

2) No

3) Yes

Probably easier to get the seats from the nightly Freerolls, imo.
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Satellites - and FREEROLLS - announced : Crikey, that's complicated. The answer to the 3 questions (in order) would probably be.... 1) No 2) No 3) Yes Probably easier to get the seats from the nightly Freerolls, imo.
    Posted by Tikay10
    My guess would have been yes no yes.

Right about the FR route. Just looking ahead to the final week when I will be a last chance charlie.
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Satellites - and FREEROLLS - announced : My guess would have been yes no yes. Right about the FR route. Just looking ahead to the final week when I will be a last chance charlie.
    Posted by Phantom66
    You might be right, too, but I just don't know if it would work. And it'd be horrible if it got to week 11 or whatever & found it did not work.
  • edited July 2016
    Just when i was out, they pull me back in.

The little one so excited but i fear the change of venue may mean not suitable for her.
  • edited July 2016
    I think the timings of the Freerolls may be wrong on the page you linked to?

It says:

"From Monday 1st August the 7pm Rewards Freerolls will award x3 seats to that week's Punta Cana Semi. The semi seat is worth £107 and takes place at 7pm on Sunday. Players must have earned 50 poker points in the previous week to gain access to the Rewards Freerolls. "

It then links to the Rewards FR page which says:

"£1,000 Rewards Freerolls - with added Punta Cana satellite seats

The Rewards Freerolls run weekdays from Monday to Friday at 7.30pm, and are open to all customers who earn at least 50 Poker Points in the previous week. Registration opens at 5pm, and there is 20 minutes of late registration.

From Monday 1st August there will be extra prizes in the form of Punta Cana satellite seats added to the Rewards Freerolls on top of the £1,000 prizepool."

I assume the Rewards FR are staying in their usual 730 slot?

The new Punta Cans Freerolls (with the 24 hour 20pts qualification) start from 8th August, advertised on that page as 730pm starts? I assume they will in fact be 7pm in line with similar promos?

• edited August 2016

Morning POTO

I've asked the Office to clarify that, there do appear to be some ambiguities as to timing & titles there.

Broadly, the 7.30pm Freeroll is the REWARDS Freeroll.

For THIS WEEK ONLY, the 7pm Freeroll will give Summer Series seats, & then, next Monday (8th August) will give Punta Cana satellites.

The prizes currently shown in the 7.30 Rewards Freeroll (as at 0700 Monday) will have the template changed this morning to reflect Punta Cana satellite seats.

I think. Probably.

I've sent a note Upstairs, & they or I will clarify later this morning, well in time to get started tonight.  
  • edited August 2016

Hi POTO,

The timings have been amended now, apologies for the confuseaments.
  • edited August 2016
    1st mini sat is at 15:45 could we have 1 at lunchtime please? 

i know less players but my schedule is tight this week and between 4-8 i prob wont be able to get on and its all about me me me. 

edit there are lots now thanks
  • edited August 2016
    Just a quick question, I have just found out that an "ITIN" number is an American thing.

If anyone is lucky enough to get a decent cash in Punta Cana, would any documentation be required to ensure tax was not deducted, or does the passport suffice? Also while we're on the subject, do similar rules exist in Europe and other parts of the world?

Cheers,

G
  • edited August 2016
    Just a quick question, I have just found out that an "ITIN" number is an American thing. If anyone is lucky enough to get a decent cash in Punta Cana, would any documentation be required to ensure tax was not deducted, or does the passport suffice? Also while we're on the subject, do similar rules exist in Europe and other parts of the world? Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Hi Graham,

Punta Cana is in the Dominican Republic, which is independent & has no connection with US Federal, State or Tax laws.

This is not an official reply, but to the best of my knowledge, any cash won playing poker in Punta Cana is free of local taxes or levies.

"similar rules in Europe or elsewhere"

Again, to the best of my knowledge, "live" poker winnings are not subject to deduction of tax in any European State, though "Online" it's very different, & several Nations levy a tax on online earnings.

In Russia, meanwhile, "tax" often takes the form of Customs Officials at the Airport demanding a bribe & making a full body search (all cavities included) if you don't agree.   

• edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Satellites - and FREEROLLS - announced : Hi Graham, Punta Cana is in the Dominican Republic, which is independent & has no connection with US Federal, State or Tax laws. This is not an official reply, but to the best of my knowledge, any cash won playing poker in Punta Cana is free of local taxes or levies.   "similar rules in Europe or elsewhere" Again, to the best of my knowledge, "live" poker winnings are not subject to deduction of tax in any European State, though "Online" it's very different, & several Nations levy a tax on online earnings.   In Russia, meanwhile, "tax" often takes the form of Customs Officials at the Airport demanding a bribe & making a full body search (all cavities included) if you don't agree.     
    Posted by Tikay10

Thanks for this TK.

Guess I won't be playing in the Russian Open :=)