You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

More Colluders

edited August 2016 in Priority
Hi there,

I recently posted on Dilabi4's post regarding collusion, and im afraid to say that I have now personally caught some more.

Worst still is that I too have experienced the slow customer service from Skypoker in sorting this out that Dialbi spoke of.

The game number was 27348706 and I reported three players all from Sheffield, and chip dumping in the most obvious ways possible - one of them even wrote in the chat box "AA", then raised 4 x pre flop and his friends folded!!! 

Now, where my issues lie are similar to Dilabi4's - I sent the email on Wednesday and only today (Sunday) did I get a reply saying it "had been sorted" - whatever this means. Honestly, anyone with an inch of knowledge on dym games could see this was collusion within minutes; I know Tikay said on the other thread that they have to check other games too to confirm that it is collusion, but two of them had only played a few games in total so it shouldnt have taken very long at all.

- Why did it take 4 days to sort this?
- Are the players in question banned?
- Why did I have to email priority club to ask if the issue had been resolved?
- Were the other two players who were cheated out of 11 pounds refunded?

Sorry to have a moan guys but the speed of these things is far too slow, and not knowing how the issue has been resolved when Sky have finished with the case is frustrating to say the least - if it wasn't for regulars like myself and Dialbi reporting it, then it's likely these guys would have got away with it - a thank you wouldnt go a miss for cleaning up the site!

Rant over!

Comments

• edited July 2016
    Are sky the only site offering dym's?

They are ripe for all sorts of implied and explicit collusion.

Would the site not be better off without them?
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: More Colluders:
    Are sky the only site offering dym's? They are ripe for all sorts of implied and explicit collusion. Would the site not be better off without them?
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Hi Teddy, 

No of course they aren't, ipoker network and 888 offer them as well as many other sites im sure.

99.9% of DYM games are safe on Skypoker, and thats a pretty good record. In the three years I have been active on Skypoker, I think I have emailed in less than 5 times regarding collusion (out of 25,000 games). Asking for them to be eradicated when all it takes is 30 minutes of anyone with knowledge of the format to confirm the accusation I sent in is a bit drastic.

Without DYM sit n go games at Sky would be utterly dead; they are very popular, they make money for Skypoker, they are great fun, and a good way to build up a bank roll. 

For the money sky makes off them, if one game out of one thousand is collusive then that's a great record and obviously a viable business - but this isn't my issue, my issue is the slow response to sort out this rare case - if they were on the ball, they could have even watched it live as I reported it during the game and another palyer said he was on live chat as well during the game - so it should have been possible to spot it in the act red handed - not four days!

• edited August 2016

Hi Jacquelyn.

I can't comment much I'm afraid, as I don't have access, or am I kept informed, as to these sort of matters. Quite right too, it's better that way.

All I can do is pass the thread upstairs, which I will do right now.

As to making players aware of the outcome of these matters, there are a myriad of legal, Compliance & DPA issues which means it's highly unlikely we will ever be told anything beyond "it is sorted". That's pretty standard across the Industry, as far as I am aware.

• edited August 2016

Just as an aside, when it comes to proving collusion, you wrote this example:

"....The game number was 27348706 and I reported three players all from Sheffield, and chip dumping in the most obvious ways possible - one of them even wrote in the chat box "AA", then raised 4 x pre flop and his friends folded!!!...."

I have to say, that offers no proof or even conclusive evidence of anything.

If the case ended up in a Court of Law, the fact all 3 were from the same City does not offer a shred of proof beyond circumstantial. As a player, if I ever get accused of malpractice, I would be extremely disappointed if the Site regarded living in the same town as another player as proof. I actually play, exclusively, PLO8 DYM's, which has a fairly limited player pool, & my most frequent opponent has the same field address - Ilkeston - as I do. (Though in fact, we live 150 miles apart). Does that necessarily mean we collude?

As to "I have Aces" followed by a raise of 4x, I would disregard that completely. You & I have played long enough to know that, more often than not, that means nothing.

Anyway, I hope this particular issue has been satisfactorily dealt with, & thank you very much for letting Sky Poker know. As I stated above, I have sent the thread Upstairs, & that's all I can do.    
  • edited August 2016
    Hi Jacquelyn,

Thank you for raising the intial query through customer care. We receive queries such as yours every day and we investigate every single one of them. We have sophisticated technology and reports to deal with collusion but the best form of collusion prevention on the site is our customers.

We take a stance here that we act on every report of collusion made by customers and we deal with the matter internally and our findings and subsequent actions remain internal. Proven cases of collusion are dealt with on a case by case basis and compensation for affected parties is handled this way too. 

DYM's are possibly the hardest types of games to prevent collusion on but from a personal viewpoint I do not think we do a bad job. We of course will not be removing these games from the site but will continue to give them the required level of attention that they currently get to prevent collusion. 

I apologise if it took a while to get back to you on this one but let me tell you this was looked into straight away and dealt with the same day. The breakdown here was our service team not relaying the message straight away. If you have any further questions on collusion I am happy to address them.

Sam