You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Message for Happynige

edited August 2016 in Poker Chat

Nige,

Good morning.

I really don't like deleting threads or posts, but I have had to delete the thread you started last night. You KNOW you can't name & shame on here.

The post was fine until you named & shamed. That is not permitted.

Please don't do it again.

If you see chat abuse at the tables, just report it to CC, or send a PM to Sky Sam, Sky James, or myself, & it'll be investigated & sorted as appropriate.

The post - suitably edited - is below.

Comments

• edited July 2016

This is the edited version of Nigel's Post.

"....I am the first to enjoy good banter and fun on the tables. But am sick of newbies coming on and swearing and being down right rude on tables.
    One player this evening should be banned for playing on our friendley site.
    Username is  (ALIAS REMOVED)
    Please advise others of this very rude and aggresive player. Be warned.
    Can we ban players for abuse?....
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Message for Happynige:
    This is the edited version of Nigel's Post. "....I am the first to enjoy good banter and fun on the tables. But am sick of newbies coming on and swearing and being down right rude on tables. One player this evening should be banned for playing on our friendley site. Username is  (ALIAS REMOVED) Please advise others of this very rude and aggresive player. Be warned. Can we ban players for abuse?....
    Posted by Tikay10
    I think it is not always newbies.  In my experience on sky, it is more often than not players that I play against on a regular basis.

(not to mention people in the 'in-crowd' talking about hands midhand, like the guy telling someone to call against me when I was all-in).

In short, abuse is here to stay, too many keyboard warriors that feel it is ok to act like this behind a screen.
    Best thing is to report them.  Always report.
    I find the abusive regs on here aren't very good and easy to beat in general, (except one, and I am sure karma will get him).
  • edited July 2016
    In Response to Re: Message for Happynige : I think it is not always newbies.  In my experience on sky, it is more often than not players that I play against on a regular basis. (not to mention people in the 'in-crowd' talking about hands midhand, like the guy telling someone to call against me when I was all-in). In short, abuse is here to stay, too many keyboard warriors that feel it is ok to act like this behind a screen. Best thing is to report them.  Always report. I find the abusive regs on here aren't very good and easy to beat in general, (except one, and I am sure karma will get him).
    Posted by MrWh1te
    This. It's very simple. No point just coming on here & having a chunter, do something effective & report them.

Be careful though, "let he who is without sin" & all that, as when a player is reported for Chat Abuse, they investigate the complainant too, in case there is history. And that often throws up interesting answers.

In this case, I suppose it depends what we call a "new player", but I'd not describe the player as new. (A loaf of bread that old would be very stale). I can only see his MTT & SNG's on Sharkscope, of course, no idea how long he may have been here playing cash games.

• edited July 2016
    You can only be abused if you let yourself, if they know they are effecting you then they know they are getting under your skin, think too an extent it's better ignored as at the end of the day they add cash too the pool, and let's face it verbals are pretty ineffective in this type of game, words can't alter what's coming nor what been or will come, but they can add more money and maybe up your incentive too not loose too them or too take from them, then either way you can laugh them off 

Funniest ones are after poor calls early doors that cost entire stacks seeing them out and the inevitable #%^# you or the classic 'this sites rigged' pops up in faded lettering denoting the players gone, that makes me laugh it does 

Was on a smashing table last night very chatty and all nice people, makes for a nice evening 
  • edited July 2016
    Tikay, when we were at the same table the other day and a player mentioned " see you next tuesday" I was waiting for you to type in that now famous quote "dont you now who i am".You need to get about the forum more often, or even get on the tele.
    Posted by chilling
    ;)

I never respond to those sort of people.

Doubt he will type it again though...... 
  • edited July 2016
    I think people need to practice what they preach.

Numerous people on this forum who love nothing more than coming across as holier than thou and will take some faux moral highground even when there isn't any, then give them a bad beat on a table and their mask soon slips.

Seems pretty silly to complain about someones chat box antics when you yourself have been known to rip into players at the tables.
  • edited July 2016
    im well aware I am too quick with my tounge... something I try to work on.

I now just tell the table I am on tilt and my chips are up for grabs.... probably not my most +EV strategy

Its part and parcel and as humans we get angry and we express it in different ways right or wrong... as long as its not a sustained verbal assault I generally dont take to much offence
  • edited August 2016

I had a guy last Sunday immediately start moaning the second I sat down about how the site was a joke, the software was rigged, they let x,y and z win and all that sort of thing. I decided to not ignore him and I asked him how long he had played here and why on earth he continued to play?, if he was a winner?, did he consider himself a good player?, had he spent any time over the last few years watching training videos or reading strategy articles? Did he believe that it was possible that some people were more talented than others or some work harder? Those kind of things...he mostly replied to say it was a joke and that it was the worst site etc etc...during the whole time we had the discussion he played around five hands, two were big all-in showdowns one of which was a flip, he flopped a set and he busted two people. By the time I got moved to another table he was chip leader with almost three times the chips of the 2nd person.

I have no idea what he was thinking at that stage...(probably that I'd arranged for him to win a couple of hands to shut him up).
  • edited August 2016
     I had a guy last Sunday immediately start moaning the second I sat down about how the site was a joke, the software was rigged, they let x,y and z win and all that sort of thing. I decided to not ignore him and I asked him how long he had played here and why on earth he continued to play?, if he was a winner?, did he consider himself a good player?, had he spent any time over the last few years watching training videos or reading strategy articles? Did he believe that it was possible that some people were more talented than others or some work harder? Those kind of things...he mostly replied to say it was a joke and that it was the worst site etc etc...during the whole time we had the discussion he played around five hands, two were big all-in showdowns one of which was a flip, he flopped a set and he busted two people. By the time I got moved to another table he was chip leader with almost three times the chips of the 2nd person.  I have no idea what he was thinking at that stage...(probably that I'd arranged for him to win a couple of hands to shut him up).
    Posted by NChanning
    Had you?

So Bates was getting stroppy again then?
  • edited August 2016
     I had a guy last Sunday immediately start moaning the second I sat down about how the site was a joke, the software was rigged, they let x,y and z win and all that sort of thing. I decided to not ignore him and I asked him how long he had played here and why on earth he continued to play?, if he was a winner?, did he consider himself a good player?, had he spent any time over the last few years watching training videos or reading strategy articles? Did he believe that it was possible that some people were more talented than others or some work harder? Those kind of things...he mostly replied to say it was a joke and that it was the worst site etc etc...during the whole time we had the discussion he played around five hands, two were big all-in showdowns one of which was a flip, he flopped a set and he busted two people. By the time I got moved to another table he was chip leader with almost three times the chips of the 2nd person.  I have no idea what he was thinking at that stage...(probably that I'd arranged for him to win a couple of hands to shut him up).
    Posted by NChanning
    He will probably conveniently forget this, think he ran the way he should have for a small period of time, and then the next time he loses a few pots default to the assumption that everything is rigged etc etc.

When people do poorly and need something to blame it is much easier to blame the site for being rigged, the colour of their socks, other players, their dog distracting them etc etc than to do the unthinkable and actually employ some introspection and consider they may not actually be playing just as well as they could be.

• edited August 2016
    In Response to Message for Happynige:
    Nige, Good morning. I really don't like deleting threads or posts, but I have had to delete the thread you started last night. You KNOW you can't name & shame on here. The post was fine until you named & shamed. That is not permitted. Please don't do it again.   If you see chat abuse at the tables, just report it to CC, or send a PM to Sky Sam, Sky James, or myself, & it'll be investigated & sorted as appropriate. The post - suitably edited - is below.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Totally understand Tikay. Im so sorry, he just made me so mad.
    Wont ever happen again on here. 
    Thanks for letting me know what to do in the future.
    Run well my friend.
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Message for Happynige : Totally understand Tikay. Im so sorry, he just made me so mad. Wont ever happen again on here.  Thanks for letting me know what to do in the future. Run well my friend.
    Posted by HAPPYNIGE4
    Thanks Nige, top man, good luck mate.

Punta Cana next stop?
  • edited August 2016
    I think people need to practice what they preach. Numerous people on this forum who love nothing more than coming across as holier than thou and will take some faux moral highground even when there isn't any, then give them a bad beat on a table and their mask soon slips. Seems pretty silly to complain about someones chat box antics when you yourself have been known to rip into players at the tables.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Ummm Dont think i ever said "I hope you die", maybe just a little frustration on a bad beat. Will be carm from now on .....Promise....
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Message for Happynige : Ummm Dont think i ever said "I hope you die", maybe just a little frustration on a bad beat. Will be carm from now on .....Promise....
    Posted by HAPPYNIGE4

Is there an implication here Nigel?

Edit....someone what is more better with words than me said it should be inference not implication.

• edited August 2016
    I have to agree with Harry here. I played on one of your tables the other week Nige and you absolutely ripped into some poor person for their bad play.

I hadn't played much with you in recent years, but I recognised your alias as being a member of TKP, not even sure if you guys still exist. But your language towards this player was a bit of a shock. 
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Message for Happynige : Is there an implication here Nigel? Edit....someone what is more better with words than me said it should be inference not implication.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Benny from Crossroads?
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Message for Happynige : Benny from Crossroads?
    Posted by Jac35

I hope you diet.
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Message for Happynige : I hope you diet.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Carm down chaps, we're all fiends here.
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Message for Happynige : Ummm Dont think i ever said "I hope you die", maybe just a little frustration on a bad beat. Will be carm from now on .....Promise....
    Posted by HAPPYNIGE4

You don't seem to want to clarify the above comment. If my inference is wrong then I apologise, however I think you are suggesting that thats something I've said previously so you might wanna try and back that up if that is the case.

I personally wouldn't start a thread on what people say in the chatbox, simply because over the years and like most players I imagine, I've said many things I probably shouldn't have, though this is more on the sarcastic/close to the bone side of the scale rather than anything malicious or nasty. I'm self aware enough to know this would be a highly hypocritical thing to do.

By the way, thanks for the PM* you sent me a couple of hours ago calling me various abusive terms.

*for the record there was no PM, but whats to stop me saying there was? Get my drift?
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Message for Happynige : You don't seem to want to clarify the above comment. If my inference is wrong then I apologise, however I think you are suggesting that thats something I've said previously so you might wanna try and back that up if that is the case. I personally wouldn't start a thread on what people say in the chatbox, simply because over the years and like most players I imagine, I've said many things I probably shouldn't have, though this is more on the sarcastic/close to the bone side of the scale rather than anything malicious or nasty. I'm self aware enough to know this would be a highly hypocritical thing to do. By the way, thanks for the PM* you sent me a couple of hours ago calling me various abusive terms. *for the record there was no PM, but whats to stop me saying there was? Get my drift?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    maybe there was a little bit of a mis-understanding here, (just maybe)    could it be that the player who gave Nige the abuse said they hope he dies, and he was not implying you said anything like that Harry. dunno obv as wasn't privvy to it but just a suggestion
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Message for Happynige : maybe there was a little bit of a mis-understanding here, (just maybe)    could it be that the player who gave Nige the abuse said they hope he dies, and he was not implying you said anything like that Harry. dunno obv as wasn't privvy to it but just a suggestion
    Posted by scouse_red

This is certainly plausible and needs Nige to clarify. As above, if I've interpreted it wrong then I apologise. The fact he said it whilst responding to me made me think otherwise.

Over to you Mr Happy....

• edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Message for Happynige : This is certainly plausible and needs Nige to clarify. As above, if I've interpreted it wrong then I apologise. The fact he said it whilst responding to me made me think otherwise. Over to you Mr Happy....
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Me?

• edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Message for Happynige : This is certainly plausible and needs Nige to clarify. As above, if I've interpreted it wrong then I apologise. The fact he said it whilst responding to me made me think otherwise. Over to you Mr Happy....
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I really am sorry for this mis understanding.
    Was not making any claims on anyone else, was just annyoed that someone idiot wanted me dead. It was also a year ago this week that i was in hospital for 2 weeks with a life or death operation. I came out alive, and live life with a smile on my face.
    I have no problems with anyone on Sky community at all.
    So please take this as a massive SORRY if it came accros like that. I made a mistake , now can we move on and all be HAPPY?
  • edited August 2016

Enough said, let's move on now.