You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

more heads up fun

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
huuuuume Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £65.40
jeffhurst Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £28.95
  Your hole cards

huuuuume Raise  £1.75 £2.50 £63.65
jeffhurst Raise  £6.00 £8.50 £22.95
huuuuume Call  £4.50 £13.00 £59.15
Flop

• A

jeffhurst Check     
huuuuume Check     
Turn

• A

jeffhurst Bet  £4.00 £17.00 £18.95
huuuuume Call  £4.00 £21.00 £55.15
River

jeffhurst Bet  £10.00 £31.00 £8.95
im trying to get the hang of copying from the hand history page.  i played this hand today at .25/.50 heads up.  it was a very aggressive game and i am just on top at the moment but he has been catching cards for fun.  he doesnt have the faintest idea how to handle my button aggression and the only other time i recall seeing his cards after he 3 bet me was when he showed A6 offsuit and we got all in on the flop when he had 2nd pair and i had overs and flush draw

my main read on him when this hand took place was that he bets small when weak and then is much bigger and more aggressive with strong hands.  he has also shown a few total air bluffs but this is standard heads up.

when playing the hand i nearly reraised the turn but chose to control the pot cos there is a lot of hands beating me.  the river raise i thought was odd and would like to know thoughts on what i should do here

also please note he hasnt left a lot behind once he has bet the river....how does this affect our decision?

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Looking at it i think he's got the ace, of course with your analysis he could have air but i would reckon the ace! I think by leaving a bit behind he's hoping you'll put him all in with a raise. I'd fold on that river. Now show what it was and how i got it completely wrong lol.
  • edited July 2009
    Hi huuuuume, to start with he has probably got you on a pocket pair or a big A, Ak for example. The flop is not a good one for you because of the over cards but after he checks i think i would bet about 5-6 quid and maybe try to get some info from him. The turn with A again helps you but probably tells him it is unlikely you have an A. I think he tries his luck with a limpey bet witch you rightly call. The five is a bad card,because as you say he has been hitting cards for fun and its quite a strong bet from him, i think he has one of two hands. The first imo is the obvious one he has A5, The second is a long shot and he could hold 3 4 suited maybe even spades so he has the flush/straight draw and got lucky and hit the straight. Would like to know the outcome of this because there are so many possibilities.
  • edited July 2009
    Did he tend to check-raise top pair on the flop?

I can't tell if he had 2 big spades and made a last attempt to win it at the end, or he's value betting. Since he put in a tenner and left himself with 9 quid, it does look more like a a value bet.

OK - I'll get off the fence. He had TT, the Ace on the flop scared him, he made a probe bet on the turn and by the river he's convinced he's won.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: more heads up fun:
    Did he tend to check-raise top pair on the flop? I can't tell if he had 2 big spades and made a last attempt to win it at the end, or he's value betting. Since he put in a tenner and left himself with 9 quid, it does look more like a a value bet. OK - I'll get off the fence. He had TT, the Ace on the flop scared him, he made a probe bet on the turn and by the river he's convinced he's won.
    Posted by BigBluster
    I'm with you.

Think he may be value betting 99-JJ here.
  • edited July 2009
    there are only 2 hands i think he can have

88 and AA

it looks obvious to me that he is milking you with a hand close to the nuts.  he has reraised you pre flop and has made every decision to make you think you might be ahead. 

fold fold fold