You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

7 card stud Hi/Lo

edited August 2016 in Poker Chat
With the increase in the number of players now playing Omaha Hi/Lo. Has any thought been given to adding games like 7 card stud Hi/Lo? 

Comments

• edited August 2016
    In Response to 7 card stud Hi/Lo:
    With the increase in the number of players now playing Omaha Hi/Lo. Has any thought been given to adding games like 7 card stud Hi/Lo? 
    Posted by maybenever
    Someone asked me at a table today if I knew any sites that offered 7S/7S8.
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: 7 card stud Hi/Lo:
    In Response to 7 card stud Hi/Lo : Someone asked me at a table today if I knew any sites that offered 7S/7S8.
    Posted by markycash
    I played it years ago at pokeroom. It's closed now. Nearly certain you played there too Marky?

• edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: 7 card stud Hi/Lo : I played it years ago at pokeroom. It's closed now. Nearly certain you played there too Marky?
    Posted by maybenever
    Yeah I was Marky_Crash on there.

What was your username?
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: 7 card stud Hi/Lo : Yeah I was Marky_Crash on there. What was your username?
    Posted by markycash
    I doubt you'll remember me. Username was patientpa. I remember playing against you in some of  the green and silver room tournaments. 
  • edited August 2016
    I do loosely remember, even after all these years :)

Was the green, silver and gold tourneys that got me into oh8 (and dabbling in 7s8 for that matter).

From my brief recollections you used to do quite well in the games :) Think I may even remember playing 5CD against you in the loyalty games.
  • edited August 2016
    I do loosely remember, even after all these years :) Was the green, silver and gold tourneys that got me into oh8 (and dabbling in 7s8 for that matter). From my brief recollections you used to do quite well in the games :) Think I may even remember playing 5CD against you in the loyalty games.
    Posted by markycash
    I did quite well at the green and silver tourneys. Those tournaments are where i started playing hi/lo also. I remember watching a good few videos you posted online about oh8. I found them really helpful.  
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: 7 card stud Hi/Lo : I did quite well at the green and silver tourneys. Those tournaments are where i started playing hi/lo also. I remember watching a good few videos you posted online about oh8. I found them really helpful.  
    Posted by maybenever
    Glad they were of some use :)

Hopefully see you on the tables here (maybe a 7s8 table one day if we are lucky lol). Although as it is a game not offered here and may require significant software work it will probably go the same route as trying to get Pokerroom to introduce HORSE games. I never did win that battle :D
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to 7 card stud Hi/Lo:
    Posted by maybenever
    Good morning,

The answer to that is similar to your screen-name.

In truth, realistically, I don't ever see Sky Poker introducing 7CSHL. It would just not be cost-effective, or attract sufficient liquidity.

Have to say, though, it is THE most splendidly enjoyable game, & I play a bit of it in Vegas every summer. These days though, with non-flop games, if I am in seat 2 or 3, I struggle to see the Up cards of players in seats 7 & 8. Which is a bit of a problem.....