You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Any good advice on playing hu matches please

edited November 2016 in Poker Chat
As title says any good advice as have played 2 and both times last hand all in beaten by full houses. So am having the jitters at the minute.

Tia 

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Hmm, let me see if we can help you before your big game against Mr Orford.

My advice would be not to call too much pre flop. Either re-raise or fold.

Hands don't need to be as strong to get involved. I would be raising with any paint and 3betting with hands like, Ax, KT+, QJ.

Aggression is key I think. GL!
  • edited August 2016
    Husng's or cash?

• edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Any good advice on playing hu matches please:
    Husng's or cash?
    Posted by TeddyBloat

My reply was for SNG's and MTT's only (when reasonably shallow) I know nothing about cash games, except people seem to call 3bets for fun :=)
  • edited August 2016
    Ty G xx 

Teddy it's regarding hu match against Mr Orford lol.

Need as much advice and luck as I can get lol
  • edited August 2016
    Hahahaha kev 
  • edited August 2016
    she is a hustler:)

heads up cash is a big nono. rake is only winner.
  • edited August 2016
    Posted some brief thoughts in another thread recently:

For sure widen your ranges, you can play very wide in position:  I don't fold any hands in the SB till around 6bb eff. I'd recommend folding junk like 72o until you gain experience playing flops. Aim to play 90% of your SB hands unless villain is very aggressive preflop.

Oop you can play wide v min raise - 80% or so.

Preflop you can raise most of your hands, but definately have a limping range - generally if you arent raising a hand you should limp it.. Widen that limping range as you gain experience playing flops, and also as you get shallower you should drop minraising and greatly increase your limping range.  your aim when limping is to stab most flops unless they have 3 low cards.

Look up Nash shove / call ranges. Knowing the theory behind them will be massively beneficial.

You can shove low pairs under 18bb. You can start shoving low Ax and  some suited connectors under 12bb. You can shove low Kx and add some more suited hands under 10bb.

Don't follow nash charts above 6bb - nash stinks as a strategy. You can follow them under 6bb

-----

For 3betting I'd recommend small-mid pocket pairs and big Ax as shoves. non-all-in 3bet big pairs. Flat small-mid Ax above 18bb

KQ, JT etc do much better flatted than 3bet v a min raise.

Don't fold any suited hands to a min raise until shallow.

If villain is minraising stupid wide (70%+) then start 3bet shoving some low-mid suited connectors and your Ax under 25bb.
  • edited August 2016
  • edited August 2016

If you have QQ, and another Q flops...fold. Twice in only 2 of the matches so far it hasnt held.