You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

not like the good old days

edited August 2016 in Poker Chat
i stopped playing so much when the tv channel went,then almost stopped...thought i would try my luck and qualify for ukpc for a few pence like in the past........logged on and no ukpc anymore....shame that sky (the poker site for uk players and great social side) is no different to any other gaming site now £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££.

oh well spt and now ukpc....not all of life is about making a profit....when all the players leave, sky poker will have zero profit 

Comments

• edited August 2016
    The promos and giveaways on sky is like no other site UKPC will be back in the future. Sky have just organised a massive Vegas trip for 40 odd player's so that's why there is no august UKPC, but it will be back in the future. you should log on more to get more up to date with all of the information in future to save your moaning 
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to not like the good old days:
    i stopped playing so much when the tv channel went,then almost stopped...thought i would try my luck and qualify for ukpc for a few pence like in the past........logged on and no ukpc anymore....shame that sky (the poker site for uk players and great social side) is no different to any other gaming site now £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££. oh well spt and now ukpc....not all of life is about making a profit....when all the players leave, sky poker will have zero profit 
    Posted by cardu

A well thought out and constructive post like this needs more views , have you thought about writing a blog ?

What are your plans for your 50th birthday ?
  • edited August 2016
    I do agree with the tv channel, i cant really comment oin anything else, never really tried the UKPC but as said 40 odd players to vegas aint cheap.

I did stop playing alot after the channel stopped, but stopped playing others as well.

But the channel for was the biggest loss, I loved tuning in on the live shows and getting involved and trying to play mastercash tables, or getting involved in the live show threads and  and competitions, & managing to win a signed copy of moormans book when it came out.

i know its on still, but cant tell u when thinks its a little later than it used to be, its not just the live shows it was having it on in the backround with re-runs, u could learn alot from it with all the different guest on it.
  • edited August 2016
    A lot of what made skypoker so great has gone.
    But teeks is still here and so is TPT.
    So it ain't all bad.