You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Punta Cana Sats - what happens to the excess prize pool please?

edited August 2016 in Poker Chat
Hi

Just noticed in the Punta Cana Semi final there are 51 players so far - but the lobby only says 10 seats (being 1 in 5) will be awarded to the final.  Usually if it meets that guarantee - i.e. 50 players then the next 1 - 4 players contribute to cash pot for the 11th placed person (or 11th seat if extra 5 players play) so in which case there should already be prize showing for 11th place - but there isn't?

Also - regarding prizes for excess people - what happens if more than 20 players in each final - will the excess cash go to the bubble or be allocated across the top players finishing like you did in a Punta Cana final 2 years ago?

Comments

• edited August 2016
    You are quite right Rose.

There ended up being 52 runners, meaning 11th place should have got £196.

SKY, FYI, 11th place went to: w4rlock 

Cheers,

G

• edited August 2016

As far as I can tell (I only have Sharkscope to check by) the 10 seat winners were paid the "surplus". A Seat in the Final is worth £490, but Sharky suggests the 10 players each received £510. If so, that means each of them received their seat in next Sunday's Final, plus £20. That seems to "balance" the prize pool, (10 x £20 = £200) or nearly so. 

I really don't know why it was done that way - traditionally the surplus would be paid to those who missed the seat, in this case, Roy. However, I seem to recall the same system was used in a previous Punta Cana promotion. It feels a little bit of an odd method to me, but in case anyone thinks Sky Poker is pocketing the surplus - they are not. Either way, the players get paid the entire Prize Pool. No fiasco here.

I have not asked how The Business plans to divvi up the surplus Prize Pool in next Sunday's Punta Cana prize pool, but I'll ask, & get back to you. Logically, it'd be the same as last night I would assume. Anyway, let me see what they say.

• edited August 2016
    Hi guys, the Punta Cana Semi prize template was set up incorrectly last night so I will credit the 11th place finisher w4rlock with £196. The 10 players who qualified were not paid any excess amounts. Aplogies for the confusion.

As regards to the future semis and finals we plan to pay any excess to the bubble although it is possible this may change depending on how many runners we expect to get.

Cheers
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Sats - what happens to the excess prize pool please?:
    Hi guys, the Punta Cana Semi prize template was set up incorrectly last night so I will credit the 11th place finisher w4rlock with £196. The 10 players who qualified were not paid any excess amounts. Aplogies for the confusion. As regards to the future semis and finals we plan to pay any excess to the bubble although it is possible this may change depending on how many runners we expect to get. Cheers
    Posted by Sky__James
    I'm not trying to sound arguementitive - but can I please ask that this decision is taken BEFORE the final game starts as it's really not good to play for an unknown prize pool which is unclear.  Obviously people would play very differently near the bubble depending on whether it's just 2 prizes in total i.e. 2 packages and prize money spread across the 2 winners or 2 packages and then either balance to the bubble or spread across the nearest 3 or 4 to bubble etc.
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Sats - what happens to the excess prize pool please?:
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Sats - what happens to the excess prize pool please? : I'm not trying to sound arguementitive - but can I please ask that this decision is taken BEFORE the final game starts as it's really not good to play for an unknown prize pool which is unclear.  Obviously people would play very differently near the bubble depending on whether it's just 2 prizes in total i.e. 2 packages and prize money spread across the 2 winners or 2 packages and then either balance to the bubble or spread across the nearest 3 or 4 to bubble etc.
    Posted by IrishRose

It WILL definitely be made before the game starts Rose, it would be unreasonable not to. There is nearly a week to go yet though, so a decision will likely be made nearer the end of the week.