You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Any ploppers want to try and get some OH8 cash games going?

edited August 2016 in Poker Chat
I know the rake isn't the best but at least it is mitigated somewhat by the points race promotion.

Sat at .10pl and .20pl if anyone is up for a game.

Comments

• edited August 2016
    thanks for the offer marky but i would probably end up loosing my stack lol be lucky

• edited August 2016
    lol no worries Cheez :) Had 1 taker so far, was a bit mouthy but his money was just the same as anyone elses :)
  • edited August 2016
    I would like to. But dont have that much of a br to donate. Ill stick at donating on the dyms for now 
  • edited August 2016
    No worries, will maybe bump this later when more people are around :)

Sat at all stakes from 0.04pl to 0.50pl but no takers for half an hour.
  • edited August 2016
    Ill play lower stakes gladly but think 10.and 20 is a bit much if things go south.  Lowere stakes will not ne as bad for 1 or 2 buyins.
  • edited August 2016
    Rake is just too high. We had fun on the 9 seater ages ago but with the split pots it was bad. Rake should drop.from7.5% to around 5% the table would get lots of action. Maybe tikay can have a word. Pretty please.
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Any ploppers want to try and get some OH8 cash games going?:
    Rake is just too high. We had fun on the 9 seater ages ago but with the split pots it was bad. Rake should drop.from7.5% to around 5% the table would get lots of action. Maybe tikay can have a word. Pretty please.
    Posted by stuarty117

The tables do seem eerily quiet considering there is a pool of OH8 players here.

Don't know if there is a technical reason that prevents a change being made so that the rake is on a par with holdem but it seems like a lose lose situation at the moment. The rake makes it prohibitive for players so we don't get cash games and Sky gets almost no rake.

Seems like a needless status quo.
  • edited August 2016
    The rake is an issue. Very disheartening when you split a large pot.

However if it was 5% or even less I think most of us would still  be avoiding you.
  • edited August 2016
    The rake is an issue. Very disheartening when you split a large pot. However if it was 5% or even less I think most of us would still  be avoiding you.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Nah, you would do fine!

Cash games were never my favourite domain, just doing it for the points :)
  • edited August 2016
    So how about it people in suits upstairs?

Can we have cheap rake and free popcorn plz (willing to negotiate on the popcorn).

Surely charging extra rake from ploppers is discriminating against us on the grounds of our 'poker religion' and contrary to the 'Poker Equality Act 2010' or something similar.
  • edited August 2016

so is it a no go for 4nl???
  • edited August 2016
    The Outlaws have been known to have a drunken November 9 PLO8 cash session on occassions.

Don't expect anyone to have the faintest idea about what's going on though. Those that do know how to play the game will probably be drunk or asleep, still at the table obviously, but just drunk or asleep.
  • edited August 2016
    The Outlaws have been known to have a drunken November 9 PLO8 cash session on occassions. Don't expect anyone to have the faintest idea about what's going on though. Those that do know how to play the game will probably be drunk or asleep, still at the table obviously, but just drunk or asleep.
    Posted by Enut

ha ha these games are a laugh, we haven't done one for a while......

In all seriousness I would be delighted to play OH8 cash, but as many have said, with pot being split so many times it is a rake trap.

I dont know if its possible to alter or cap it on a split pot for example.  I remember splitting one pot at 2/4p and it costing me 60p