You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM's disappeared

edited August 2016 in Poker Chat
All DYM's seem to have disappeared since this mornings outage. Is there any realistic timescale on when they might be up and running again?

Comments

• edited August 2016
    DYM'S should be back within the hour. Apologies for the brief blip on these.
  • edited August 2016
    Hi,

Any chance you want to compensate us sit n go players who are in the rake race, as we havent been able to accumulate points whilst the cash players are laughing at us?!
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: DYM's disappeared:
    Hi, Any chance you want to compensate us sit n go players who are in the rake race, as we havent been able to accumulate points whilst the cash players are laughing at us?!
    Posted by Jacquelyn

Go play a bit of cash?
  • edited August 2016
    play a proper normal stt? play heads up?.
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: DYM's disappeared : Go play a bit of cash?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I did, even though its not my forte... and do you know what happened?

Had nut flush draw and mid pair in a decent sized pot with river to come (pot around 30 quid versus chip leader so big chance of even more money and even bigger pot) and the hand was voided due to technical difficulties - mid way through the hand.

These technical software issues very rarely happen on other sites, but on Sky they are frequent. This is the second major f-up in less than a week and I just don't think it's acceptable for a "leading" poker site...
  • edited August 2016
    play a proper normal stt? play heads up?.
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    I am - cannot get more than 3 games up at a time, and at stakes no higher than a fiver BOOM!!! Plus the rake is terrible on the STT - and is why no one plays them, on a side note, why don't Sky do something about this and lower the rake on them?
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: DYM's disappeared : I am - cannot get more than 3 games up at a time, and at stakes no higher than a fiver BOOM!!! Plus the rake is terrible on the STT - and is why no one plays them, on a side note, why don't Sky do something about this and lower the rake on them?
    Posted by Jacquelyn
    You don't seem to be a huge fan of the site.
    Guess you don't put much volume in here as a result of that?
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: DYM's disappeared : I did, even though its not my forte... and do you know what happened? Had nut flush draw and mid pair in a decent sized pot with river to come (pot around 30 quid versus chip leader so big chance of even more money and even bigger pot) and the hand was voided due to technical difficulties - mid way through the hand. These technical software issues very rarely happen on other sites, but on Sky they are frequent. This is the second major f-up in less than a week and I just don't think it's acceptable for a "leading" poker site...
    Posted by Jacquelyn

Did the chip leader win the cash game tournament?
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: DYM's disappeared : Did the chip leader win the cash game tournament?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    you know what i meant
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: DYM's disappeared : You don't seem to be a huge fan of the site. Guess you don't put much volume in here as a result of that?
    Posted by Jac35
    I am a fan of DYM on the site, and the poor player pool.

It's pretty well documented that the software on the whole is regarded as average, many an independent reviewer of poker rooms will rank other sites higher in terms of their software; it's ertainly not market leading. 

Do you not think it could be improved Jac? - Both in terms of the everyday game software and in terms of having less disconnection issues (like we've had twice in 5 days) in the future?
  • edited August 2016
    started a 10 stt if u interested? same rake as a dym
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: DYM's disappeared : I am a fan of DYM on the site, and the poor player pool. It's pretty well documented that the software on the whole is regarded as average, many an independent reviewer of poker rooms will rank other sites higher in terms of their software; it's ertainly not market leading.  Do you not think it could be improved Jac? - Both in terms of the everyday game software and in terms of having less disconnection issues (like we've had twice in 5 days) in the future?
    Posted by Jacquelyn
    Do you think there is a correlation between ability of players and quality of software?
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: DYM's disappeared : Do you think there is a correlation between ability of players and quality of software?
    Posted by MattBates
    haha!! Hasn't thought of that. Clearly there shouldn't be!!
  • edited August 2016
    I have read a few "independent" poker site reviews.

While they may be technically independent in that they they are not owned by the sites, they all have links to the sites being reviewed and will generate revenue rom the sites you click through to. Bigger sites that pay bigger click thru rates may have an advantage there?

Seems the sky ones I read are a bit out of date. The hot-o-meter, and the TV channel featuring. The forum/community doesnt get a mention, which is a shame seeing as why it is the USP that keeps a lot of us here.

• edited August 2016
    That was a fun £5er. Booked it, feet up for rest of the day now. Just call me Dev.
  • edited August 2016
    That was a fun £5er. Booked it, feet up for rest of the day now. Just call me Dev.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Dev would never have open shoved A10 from the small blind in level 7. Way too loose. I thought it must be bingo day. ;)
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: DYM's disappeared : I am - cannot get more than 3 games up at a time, and at stakes no higher than a fiver BOOM!!! Plus the rake is terrible on the STT - and is why no one plays them, on a side note, why don't Sky do something about this and lower the rake on them?
    Posted by Jacquelyn
    The rake is 10%, same as DYMs. You think 10% is fine for DYMs but not a normal STT? They're a very similar game. Can you explain why rake should be lowered for these particular games?