You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTTs on Sky

edited August 2016 in Poker Chat
There used to be a 7:45 £11 bh every evening on sky, this only appears to run on a Sunday now. It used to always meet its gtee when it had the same structure as the 8:15 game.

Is it possible to get this game reinstated? £11 BH £750 gtee (normal structure).

The 7:pm  7@7, the structure of this after 1 hour is mostly shove or fold, could the structure of this be looked at to allow for greater play.

Comments

• edited August 2016

I'll reply to that later, or in the morning, Lord Larson.
  • edited August 2016
    Agree with this there should be something on at 7.45 as there is a big gap in the schedule.  At the moment the mtt schedule is very poor.  I used to start my session at 6.50pm and late reg the £22 bh and then the £11 rebuy started at 7 and before the £11 rebuy we used to have a £22 bh at 7pm.  Now at 7pm there is a £7.70 turbo and there is no 7.45 tournament anymore.  A lot of the time these days i dont bother starting my session until 8pm as theres not really much on before.

A lot of other regs do the same these days as theres not much on before therefore the earlier tournaments suffer with less numbers because of this.  

Also we were told almost a year ago now that there would be something starting at 8.15 15 minsutes after the £11 main turbo on a tuesday started and this has yet to be added.

On a tuesday evening for example if someone new logs on between 8 and 9pm they can play in an £11 3k gtd turbo main an £11 bh at 8.15 and a £5.50 turbo bh at 8.30. A lot of people will be put of by the schedule.

• edited August 2016
    ^^^

See my previous reply. 
  • edited August 2016

just to add colour...

the 19:45 was a popular mtt.  it came under pressure only when the new multistack tournament was trialed, also at 19:45.  a few days after its introduction, and to give the multistack trial a reasonable and fair run, the existing 19:45 mtt was suspended.  after an initial flourish the multistack didn't make the numbers and was put aside.  however, the original mtt wasn't restored.

the sequence of events made this particular outcome.  i think it suits everyone to have the 19:45 back.

i think there is another gap at 22:00 too.

• edited August 2016

Morning Chaps,

I'll certainly pass that upstairs for their consideration.

As some of you may know, a complete revamp of the MTT schedule has been in progress for some months now. The full schedule - all day, every day, for the entire week - has now been completed in draft form, & is receiving some final tweaks. 

I don't have the exact date to hand, but I do know it is planned to release this quite soon.

So please bear with them whilst it is finalised & then released.

Having said that, if there is an obvious gap in the existing schedule now, there's no real reason why something can't be added now.

• edited August 2016
    The 7.45 was replaced with a speed "because they are popular" but in a peak time slot I dont think they are that popular compared to say 11pm when they will be as people are happy to finish their night with a quicker game. I think it could support a £1k guarantee but for now could we have it back in £500 guarantee and normal speed. 
  • edited August 2016
    Put a £11 PLO8 MTT in the 745 slot,

Two birds, one stone ;-)
  • edited August 2016
    Hi guys. I've put in an £11 £500 B/H at 7.45pm running daily. There used to be a £750 B/H in this slot but it was struggling and then was removed from the schedule during the Euros. But I agree there is a gap that needed filing.

Cheers
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: MTTs on Sky:
    Put a £11 PLO8 MTT in the 745 slot, Two birds, one stone ;-)
    Posted by Phantom66
    two dead birds?   ;-)

• edited August 2016
    Hi guys. I've put in an £11 £500 B/H at 7.45pm running daily. There used to be a £750 B/H in this slot but it was struggling and then was removed from the schedule during the Euros. But I agree there is a gap that needed filing. Cheers
    Posted by Sky__James

great.

• edited August 2016
    Thanks for adding the 7.45 James. Any plans for another tournament on a tuesday at 8.15  15 minutes after the main starts between a buyin of £22-£55 a lot of people dont like tuesdays as the main event is an £11 turbo. That way there would be something for everyone on a tuesday.
  • edited August 2016
    i like turbo's so could i have more ;)  turbo's are one day and cheaper than all other main events so imo no as would lower the turbo runners.
    nobody will ever be happy 
  • edited August 2016

the 19:45 BH exceeded its guarantee.  well done james.

• edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: MTTs on Sky : two dead birds?   ;-)
    Posted by aussie09
    I hope you are not comparing PLO8 to the Norwegian Blue Parrot?

One of the 2 birds was the empty 745 slot.

A PLO8 tourney is more like an emu. Not everyone's cup of tea but some people find it entertaining, maybe not a dead bird albeit I didn't expect this one to fly.
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: MTTs on Sky : I hope you are not comparing PLO8 to the Norwegian Blue Parrot? One of the 2 birds was the empty 745 slot. A PLO8 tourney is more like an emu. Not everyone's cup of tea but some people find it entertaining, maybe not a dead bird albeit I didn't expect this one to fly.
    Posted by Phantom66
    [sigh] emu and orville are so sorely missed.

• edited August 2016
    Looking forward to the new mtt restructuring whenever it comes ..

It seems to me very tough to make priority as a mtt player due to lack of games but if sky had more games in their schdeule id definitely try for priority and I guess other guys would too

• edited August 2016
    Thanks for adding the 7.45 James. Any plans for another tournament on a tuesday at 8.15  15 minutes after the main starts between a buyin of £22-£55 a lot of people dont like tuesdays as the main event is an £11 turbo. That way there would be something for everyone on a tuesday.
    Posted by bearlyther
    Bump. 
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: MTTs on Sky : Bump. 
    Posted by bearlyther
    Gg

Danwon0  sumogaz0  Luckyzack0  Jboss0  Cleis0  bearlyther0  Itsover4u0  FKingRiver0