You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

GaryQQQ

edited August 2016 in Poker Chat
Just wanted to say thanks to Gary for his sterling work with the Results thread.
I believe he will stopping posting the Results after Sept 17th?

Cheers mate - much appreciated.

Comments

• edited August 2016
    WP Gary immense dedication thank you very much
    one other thing if i may ask, i dont know if you still have that video,im pretty sure it was you,of that hillarious recording you did of all them beats you had and the ending was fantastic,if you have could you please put it on here again well worth another viewing brilliant
    thx mate
  • edited August 2016
    Well done Gary xx
  • edited August 2016
    +1 the 2nd best thread in sky poker forum history behind the Donisms. 

Thanks muchly GQ. 
  • edited August 2016

Quite simply, GaryQQQ's thread is the GOAT.

Always unerringly accurate, punctual, reliable, & he even arranges holiday cover (well done Alan, too) when he goes away.

That's going to be some tough act to follow, & Gary's work for this Community will be sorely missed.

Most of us "take" from Community. Gary gives.

Arise, Lord Gary of Sky Poker.
  • edited August 2016
    Cheers guys.

Yes, the tournaments played on Saturday 17th September 2016 will be the last reported here by me. I'll explain my reasons for retiring from the thread when that day comes around.

---------------------------------------------------

The 'Running bad on Sky Poker' video mentioned by stokefc was a bit of tongue-in-cheek fun I knocked up for a laugh 5 years ago, back in the days of Area51.

For those who weren't around back then, Area51 was a wild section of this forum where all the 'poker is/isn't rigged' debates were held, before Brags, Beats and Variance existed.

I made the video by recording all my games here for about 3 weeks, then pulled out the funniest run-outs. I mixed them in with a clip of a guy tilting badly that I'd pinched from an obscure film, then put music over the top.

It was supposed to be comedy. Unfortunately a lot of the viewers thought I was making a serious accusation that Sky Poker is rigged, or that it was some kind of strategy video (lol). So I had to switch comments off.

Also, at some point YouTube muted the video, as they do, because I'd used the music without permission. It's still there if anybody wants to see it. It looks dated and cringe-worthy to me now, The silence is awful. You'll just have to imagine the music; Ol' Man River - The Beach Boys (unreleased session), and It's Gonna Happen - The Undertones (main lyric 'happens all the time').

Here's the link if it's allowed;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HxRW9F1kb8
  • edited August 2016
    Another BIG thanx to Gary for his work. It's ALWAYS the first thread I read.  I do hope it's future is secure?