You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Restricted account

edited August 2016 in Betting Chat
Can someone at Sky let me know if poker winnings affect your Skybet account??

I'm being restricted to £15 bets on nearly every market, ive generally only used skybet for fun bets and id be surprised if i am even in profit over the last few years. Do they take withdrawals from skypoker into account? as that can be my only thinking. 

I asked customer care and they just said they didnt know and it was nothing to do with them. 

Comments

• edited August 2016

I can't speak for or on behalf of Sky Bet, but I'd be utterly astonished if poker winnings or withdrawals had any connection with being "restricted" on Sky Bet.

Online bookies do sometimes seem to have a weird & wonderful way of restricting or closing accounts when it does not seem to make sense. I have 11 accounts that are restricted or closed, & in some cases I was not a winner there.

I suspect this is down to algorithms. I don't think there is a little man up in Sky Bet who analysis every account, it's all done automatically by software for the most part.

You could try appealing, but I've yet to know of a single appeal in these circumstances that was successful.
  • edited August 2016
    Thanks for your reply Tikay, 

I understand the reasoning behind closing accounts, I have 6 accounts which are virtually useless for me now but i always thought id keep my skybet one, as i place a lot of weekend accas and in-play football bets etc which is normally the kind of bets bookies like to take, I wont bother appealing, i was just curious as to why, 

I was planning on doing a weekend by weekend football diary on this forum but now im going to have to scrap that!.