You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

playing suited and gap connecters

edited August 2016 in Poker Chat
how do the regs play these i seem to get into more trouble with theses than anything else i know the easy answer is not to play them but there so PRETTY

Comments

• edited August 2016

Depends on the game, Cheezy.

Broadly speaking, the more opponents the better, but its never that simple, is it?

Will leave it to the experts, but in PLO they are very important indeed - as are one gappers & even two gappers, as we can hit wraps & super wraps. They don't NEED to be suited, either.

Hands like 5-6-9-10 & 7-8-J-Q have so many possibilities even though they are two gappers. One gappers are good, too. 

With, say, 5-6-9-10, we can have serious fun on flops that contain 2-3, 3-4, 4-7, 7-8, 8-J, J-Q etc. Be careful of drawing to the bad end though.

If the pre-flop action suggests someone has the aces, we should always try & see a flop with these hands. (I'm talking PLO only, not PLO8 or NLH). If we whiff the flop, don't chase, but hit it hard & we can really get the lot.