You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Could you fold a flopped flush?

Interesting hand from last night....

First things first, this was a 10-seater deepstack with 12 minute blinds

We are on level 3 with blinds at 20/40

I am player D with a stack of c4,400

Player B is the bigstack with c10,000

Player A is on SB with Kd 7d
Player B is on BB with Ad 4d
Player C limps for 40 with ?? ??
Player D limps for 40 with Jd 9d
Player E limps for 40 with Qx 6x

5 to the flop with a pot of 200

FLOP Qd 6d 2d

Players A-D all check

Player E (Qx 6x) bets 200 (pot now 400)

Player A (Kd 7d) calls (pot now 600)

Player B (Ad 4d) raises to 1,000 (pot now 1,600)

Player C folds

Player D (Jd 9d) raises to 1,800 (pot now 3,400)

Player E (Qx 6x) calls extra 1,600 (pot now 5,000)

Player A (Kd 7d) calls extra 1,600 (pot now 6,600)

Player B (Ad 4d) GOES ALLIN

Player D (me) has stack of c2600 and an effective pot of 9200

DO I CALL?? WOULD YOU??

unfortunately i do...

what happens next makes me regret it even before the cards are on their backs

Player E (Qx 6x) CALLS ALLIN - easy fold in my opinion

Player A (Kd 7d) CALLS ALLIN - would/could you fold this??

turn and river shows no Q or 6 and Player B (Ad 4d) takes down a pot of c30,000 on blinds of 20/40

As Player D (Jd 9d) would you fold a flopped flush to what was one allin at the time?
As Player E (Qx 6x) would you fold top 2 pair to what was two allins at the time?
As Player A (Kd 7d) would you fold 2nd nut hand to what was three allins at the time?

Interesting hand...

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Is that a real hand, thats crazy. I`m prob stacking off with everything except the 2pr
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Could you fold a flopped flush?:
    Is that a real hand, thats crazy. I`m prob stacking off with everything except the 2pr
    Posted by OMahonyO
    real hand mate, tried to copy and paste it but won't work!
    fortunately i've been winning lately so no cries of FIX lol - just thought it would be an interesting hand to look at
  • edited July 2009

not sure you can fold, you are first to act after the all in from player B.

• edited July 2009
    not sure you can fold, you are first to act after the all in from player B.
    Posted by NColley
    Thats the key right there, if you are last to act then yes you can easily get away from it, cos at the end of the day with 2 cards to come whos to say another diamond isnt coming out then ne rag Ad wins... i think there has been sooo many re-raises b4 u and then an all in you probably can get away from it, Its easy in hindsight, but so many chances of being outdrawn even if u r only 1 with flush.

Only a deepstack though, cud never fold that in open or velocity
  • edited July 2009

well lets see, player D has made the strong re-raise and seen 2 players before him call off another 1600 more and the other player move all in.

Maybe, just maybe this could have saved the better players in this situation, but as I said I probably would of still called (i don't think I'm good enough to put them on a higher flush).

• edited July 2009
    well lets see, player D has made the strong re-raise and seen 2 players before him call off another 1600 more and the other player move all in. Maybe, just maybe this could have saved the better players in this situation, but as I said I probably would of still called (i don't think I'm good enough to put them on a higher flush).
    Posted by NColley
    neither am i, obviously - allin didn't suggest nut flush to me....if i hadn't been next to act i may have got away, not sure, the only hand i would have defo got away from was the 2pair...
  • edited July 2009
    Theoretically, hand A was just cold-decked but hand D could get away from it. Even if no-one has hit the flush, someone was holding the Ad and/or Kd and was it worth potentially busting out so early in a deep stack?

In reality though, you've had it. I've never ever folded a flopped flush. Maybe two or three times I've let it go on the turn though if the 4th suited card comes.
  • edited July 2009
    its a sky mtt.....therefore you call every single time,

it's one of those hands where you go bust everytime. 99.9% of the time you are gonna be getting your money in ahead in that spot eapecially on this site.  just because on this occasion you are against the only 2 hands that beat you does not mean you played it badly
  • edited July 2009
    its a sky mtt.....therefore you call every single time, it's one of those hands where you go bust everytime. 99.9% of the time you are gonna be getting your money in ahead in that spot eapecially on this site.  just because on this occasion you are against the only 2 hands that beat you does not mean you played it badly
    Posted by TinkrBella
    Have you seen sky have a lot more Deepstack tournaments now? 15 min blinds 5k chips, plenty of play, normally only has around 25 players but lasts 4-5 hours... tonight we had 29 runners and only lost 7 players in 2 hours, try these tournaments, a lot better than skys usual trnys
  • edited July 2009
    yes  diablo  i  would  have  folded you got to  play  them flop  with  caution they  come out all the time i  knopw  very  hard hand to  get away  from   but   unlucky    u wiill learn  from it  gl
  • edited July 2009
    yes  diablo  i  would  have  folded you got to  play  them flop  with  caution they  come out all the time i  knopw  very  hard hand to  get away  from   but   unlucky    u wiill learn  from it  gl
    Posted by scrumdown
    cheers scrum gl to u 2
    think the seat position stuffed me, if im sat one seat to left and someone calls the allin before me im outta there
    ah well live n learn!
  • edited July 2009
    If it was the Open or some other low starting stack, fast blind tourney then I dont think you should even if you could but in a deepstack with blinds so small then a good player should be able to. Personally I couldn't though!
  • edited July 2009
    you can never fold the 3rd or 2nd nuts. It's a long term losing play to fold such monster nut hands even if u feel you are behind. They could easily have 2 pair, a set, an over pair, smaller flush... or crazily even just top pair or the ace of diamonds with a flush draw.