You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT Bubble Play

edited August 2016 in Tournament Strategy
Hi all,

I was hoping if some of the Sky Poker forum members would be able to offer me any advice on playing aggressivly on the bubble of a MTT.

I am trying to beat the low stakes BH on Sky and doing ok. I feel I can recognise the infliction points in the tournaments as they progress and I know I am stronger in the early and late stages but am missing out on taking advantage of the bubble in a way I should.

I have reasoned sometimes this comes down to the table I am playing on and if I have someone  passive in my blinds I will obviously try to take advantage, another adjustment is that if I am to the right of somebody aggresive and I can resteal quite wide.

I have a bit of plan for 10bb-15bb, 15-25bb, 25bb+ stack sizes but would welcome as much and any advice some of you guys have on the matter.

Thx

The eggs

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Our bubble play should be an adjustment to our opponents and our stack size. There's no point trying to push ICM vs a player who doesnt understand it and is just gonna call you super wide anyway. 
    Just because we have a stack doesn't mean we have to force aggression if it's not a good time to do so. Having general ideas of what your going to do is good but we should always adapt to the table we're at.

• edited August 2016
    Thanks Groggy,

Really appreciate your response.