You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Happy Days has started - time to get 2X points

edited August 2016 in Poker Chat

Friday noon until Monday noon, double points on all SNG's.

Happy Days indeed.

Comments

• edited August 2016

Friday @ Noon

Stick it in the diary.

2X points on SNG's for 72 hours.
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Happy Days will be back in 3 days:
    Friday @ Noon Stick it in the diary. 2X points on SNG's for 72 hours.
    Posted by Tikay10
    So Tony,
    How many points are you hoping for this weekend. I am looking for 400 to get me over the £5 threshold. not massive by any means but would be a first for me. I need to avoid losing more than the reward however if this is to be a success.
    Good luck to all
    Nick

• edited August 2016

Happy Days is now up & running, until Noon on Monday.

Help yourself.

The extra points/£'s you earn up to midnight on Sunday will be in your Account Monday afternoon.

Weather forecast for the weekend is not good. Let's play some SNG's.  

• edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Happy Days will be back in 3 days : So Tony, How many points are you hoping for this weekend. I am looking for 400 to get me over the £5 threshold. not massive by any means but would be a first for me. I need to avoid losing more than the reward however if this is to be a success. Good luck to all Nick
    Posted by pompeynic
    Hi Nick,

First up, I'm so pleased your run-bad seem to have largely evaporated. It all equals out in the end, but does seem to come in clusters, & I know you had a brutal run. Now enjoy the other side of variance.

My "dream target" this week was 2,000 points, but traffic has been thinner than I had hoped so far this week, & almost no games at £11 & £16.50 have run, so the 2,000 point target is out of the window.

Even my revised forecast of 1,500 is optimistic, as I only have 509 points so far.

That means I need 991, call it 3 x 330 points (Fri/Sat/Sun), with 330 points being 165 doubled.

That is only possible if plenty of £11 & £16.50 games run. 3 each per day for 3 days would be 450 points, so I'd "only" need another 541. 541 is 180 per day, which would be 90 regular points doubled to 180 per session.

It's beyond my control how many games run at any level, never mind £11 & £16.50, so it looks like I'll have to settle for somewhere between 1,000 & 1,500, but the target is going to be 1,500 total, or 991 from the weekend.

We shall see. 

WE were joined by a few of the 2 card boys last night, some of whom are pretty handy. Jac35 joined us too.    
  • edited August 2016
    Double points, the Prem promo and I have 3 days off work. I fear my pants will be pulled down this weekend.

glgl!
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Happy Days has started - time to get 2X points:
    Double points, the Prem promo and I have 3 days off work. I fear my pants will be pulled down this weekend. glgl!
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    The mental vision I am getting is not at all pleasant.

• edited August 2016
    Hi Tony,
    Yes I am very happy to come out the other side of that dip. I misread one of the two card boys last night thinking he was bluffing..... ooops gg.
    Remarkable how the small pleasures make for the best feelings. Just managed to cash in a sit and go despite going down to just 100.01 in chips. Happy days indeed. 
  • edited August 2016
    Hi Tony, Yes I am very happy to come out the other side of that dip. I misread one of the two card boys last night thinking he was bluffing..... ooops gg. Remarkable how the small pleasures make for the best feelings. Just managed to cash in a sit and go despite going down to just 100.01 in chips. Happy days indeed. 
    Posted by pompeynic
    It should not make any difference to how we feel, logically, but yes, I agree, those ones are so so sweet.

• edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Happy Days will be back in 3 days : So Tony, How many points are you hoping for this weekend. I am looking for 400 to get me over the £5 threshold. not massive by any means but would be a first for me. I need to avoid losing more than the reward however if this is to be a success. Good luck to all Nick
    Posted by pompeynic
    How many did you get last night, Nick?

Never seen so many PLO8 DYM's run in a single night, the place was rocking.
  • edited August 2016

Happy Days continues all day today.

The weather forecast is dreadful, so traffic should be plentiful. Happy Days.

The SNG's seemed to be very busy last night, amazing for the time of year. Same again today would be real nice.  

• edited August 2016
    Hi Tony,
    23 games played (most I have ever played ina session)
    206 points (again most in a session)
    13 games won
    played mostly 3.30 and 5.00 but halved the two 11.00 played, I messed up a couple of times and left a couple of wins on the table.
    All for a small loss of £7.97.
    I say loss but could you get five to six hours of fun whilst watching GB claim gold in two events for that kind of money?
    I am off to watch Pompey today so will not get the same amount of points as I will not be back until 6.30-7.00.
    How about you?
    Gl to all
  • edited August 2016
    Hi Tony, 23 games played (most I have ever played ina session) 206 points (again most in a session) 13 games won played mostly 3.30 and 5.00 but halved the two 11.00 played, I messed up a couple of times and left a couple of wins on the table. All for a small loss of £7.97. I say loss but could you get five to six hours of fun whilst watching GB claim gold in two events for that kind of money? I am off to watch Pompey today so will not get the same amount of points as I will not be back until 6.30-7.00. How about you? Gl to all
    Posted by pompeynic
    Exactly that, great value & huge fun for less than the cost of a round of drinks.

I also played the most games in a session ever - 650 - & earned a whopping 483 points, so I'm on 997 now. 2,000 will be a stretch, but 1,500 will be easy, probably end up around 1,700 or so. 

Wish I could say I made a profit, but I dropped £30 on the night, all down to losing both the £16.50 games that ran, only partly compensated by making money in the 5 x £11 games.

My lappie chose a bad moment to fall over - I had NINE games on the go, including an £11 & a £16.50, & the old girl ran out of steam, so that was a bit costly.

• edited August 2016
    Pants firmly pulled down yesterday afternoon, until I managed to get them back up again in the evening.

Pants remaining on today, football and the pub is calling all day.

• edited August 2016
    Up to 320 and aiming for 500. One big or 2 average sessions on the dyms should do it.
  • edited August 2016
    Up to 320 and aiming for 500. One big or 2 average sessions on the dyms should do it.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Saw you in a lot of games last night, so fingers crossed you still have a shot at the 500.
  • edited August 2016

Today is the last full day of this particular Happy Days.

SNG Traffic was heavy again yesterday, I'd bet good money that it was at record levels for August, which is usually pretty quiet.

Should be busy again today.

Payment for everything earned up to Midnight tonight is tomorrow afternoon, which is rather nice, too. Them fivers & tenners soon add up.   

• edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Happy Days has started - time to get 2X points : Saw you in a lot of games last night, so fingers crossed you still have a shot at the 500.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Just made it over the 500 this morning.

Enjoyed the plo8 last night, helped by cashing a £10er. Was not only making points but growing b/r nicely.

This morning was a car crash session and b/r headed other way. But overall got the £5 instead of a £2.30 token and expect will be picking up decent premiership promo points and b/r still higher than a week ago with that to come.

May be on the plo8 tonight but cant guarantee it hence the session this morning.

• edited August 2016
    Hi Tony,
    As I thought the trip to watch Pompey get their first win of the season meant I did not get as many games in yesterday. I managed to get a couple of games in before I left for the football ..... and lost them both. I also lost the first game of my evening session as well so things were not looking good. 
    Games played 15
    Total points 170 
    Games won 7
    So, you would think things were not great, losing more than I won, fewer points gained, however....
    I lost all of my lower stake games 5 in total at 2.25 and 3.30, but, I won four of six at 5.50 and three of four at
    11.00, all for a profit of 7.55.
    So over two nights I have amassed 376 points, played 38 games and have actually made a loss for 0.42 . 
    42p, but I also reached my 500 point overall target and so I will also gain an extra 2.70 in rewards, so, I am actually, in profit.
    Quite odd how things work out really.
    How did you get on?
    Nick

• edited August 2016
    Hi Tony, As I thought the trip to watch Pompey get their first win of the season meant I did not get as many games in yesterday. I managed to get a couple of games in before I left for the football ..... and lost them both. I also lost the first game of my evening session as well so things were not looking good.  Games played 15 Total points 170  Games won 7 So, you would think things were not great, losing more than I won, fewer points gained, however.... I lost all of my lower stake games 5 in total at 2.25 and 3.30, but, I won four of six at 5.50 and three of four at 11.00, all for a profit of 7.55. So over two nights I have amassed 376 points, played 38 games and have actually made a loss for 0.42 .  42p, but I also reached my 500 point overall target and so I will also gain an extra 2.70 in rewards, so, I am actually, in profit. Quite odd how things work out really. How did you get on? Nick  
    Posted by pompeynic
    Ha, well done Nick.

I've been winning the game count nicely, but winning the wrong games, so I have dropped a good few bob this week. Not played particularly well, truth to tell.

As to points, the games died earlier than I hoped last night, but I still managed 438 in the session. So that puts me on 1,435, & I'll easily hit the 1,500 threshold.  2,000 looks very unlikely unless we get a raft of £11 & £16.50 games going tonight. Still, you never know. Probably have to settle for around 1,800, which is £27.

I've also had £25 from the Premiership this week, & am currently sitting in 22nd in this week's Premiership, which is worth about £30 at the moment. So, one way or another, won't be too bad.

Am enjoying a poker weekend, as I have to miss a good bit next week, got a work thing to attend on Tuesday night, & Gill is down next weekend, & we are going away for a couple of days.   

• edited August 2016
    So after three days of double points how did we all get on?
    I played 53 games in total, won 28 lost 25.
    I gained 510 points making 634 for the week in total, the most ever for me.
    I made a massive profit of £ 4.93 lol.
    I also made an extra £4.04 in rewards payment over the normal £2.30 token.
    so overall profit for the three days £8.97.

• edited August 2016
    A few points to add to the bare numbers.
    I am still prone to the odd lapse in concentration, which, can lose me a game with a careless push of the mouse.
    As I only play one or two tables at a time normally, I left a couple of wins behind , when, on one occasion, playing four tables at once , I got confused and pushed a re-raise on a table by mistake, I was a big chip leader at this stage and should not have been involved at all, I had an ok hand but was scooped and suddenly I was in a position where I had to "play" rather than coast to the win. 
    In the end I lost that one, close, but I should have cruised to the win in that game. I also have to admit that it affected my play in another game .... badly. I was stupid and bluffed off my stack in double quick time. Now, bare in mind that the game I should have won was a £5.50 game and the game I bluffed away was an £11 game that is a potential £30 profit swing, especially when I bear in mind that was the only £11 game I lost out of the four I played that night.
    Overall I think I played ok, I cut and run Sunday night once I had got into a profit, should I have played more?. Over the weekend I had some run good, winning some flips, mainly against Tony it seemed, and I also had some standard beats that you are going to get playing PLO8.
    If anyone has any thoughts on my play and would like to share , that would be great.
    I really enjoyed the weekend and hope you did as well.
    Nick
  • edited August 2016
    Pompeynic your play sounds very similar to the way I play when I go over one table I tend to find mistakes in one game transfer over to the other games wp on making 500 points and a profit what more can you wish for exempt more points  and more profit lol due to personal reasons I never played much over the weekend and missed out on all those lovely points but I was happy that I could switch off the laptop when I was playing poorly there always next time run golden on the tables 
  • edited August 2016
    how did you do Tony? Did you manage 2000 points?

• edited August 2016
    how did you do Tony? Did you manage 2000 points?
    Posted by pompeynic

Nah, came up just shy @ 1,922.

It got to 11pm, & a £16.50 game had 5 regged, but it just could not get 6, so eventually, at around 11.10pm, I upped stumps & called it a day.

That earned me a handsome £28.84 in Rewards money though, which I'm pleased with.

It also put me in the money spots in the Premier League division of the Sky Poker Premiership. Currently I'm showing as £50, but I've used my Joker (2xPoints weekend) & I can't play Tuesday, so that'll drop by c-o-b on Wednesday, but it'll still be £20 or so, or I hope it will.

So all in all, well over £50 in bonuses for last week. That is enough to cover what I actually lost at the tables. Almost.

Great fun, most enjoyable, cant wait to do it again.  

• edited August 2016
    If anyone finds a pair of pants on their travels, can they be returned to York please?
  • edited August 2016
    If anyone finds a pair of pants on their travels, can they be returned to York please?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Beware - may incur excess postage.