You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My Little Goal....

edited August 2016 in Poker Chat
Hi, the goal is to get from £50 and run it upto £2k by the end of september playing every variant of the game. starting 2p/4p cash and some small MTT's, also S N G. i have done this in the past on multiple sites and feel like i am up for another ride. ;ately i have been cashing out just to waste the money on drinking ect ect ect. this time i want to use or should i say try to use strict backroll management. the games are really good here and i feel upto it :) might keep this thread updated depending on how i feel and if i start to succeed. if not I'm a donk for life and thats that (LoL). GL and see you at the tables!
    thanks for reading :)

Comments

• edited August 2016
  • edited August 2016
    yes goodluck £50 to 2k in less than 2 months following any bankroll management will be tough tho.
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: My Little Goal....:
    Goodluck!
    Posted by shaun09
    Thanks man you too!
  • edited August 2016
    yes goodluck £50 to 2k in less than 2 months following any bankroll management will be tough tho.
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    Yep i agree, pretty small amount to start with also. I should have added that i have alot/Quite a bit time to do so on a daily basis. Thanks for the comment and GL bud.
  • edited August 2016
    See you at 10nl soon? :)
  • edited August 2016
    See you at 10nl soon? :)
    Posted by shaun09
    maybe next week if none of the £8 games run then yep :)
  • edited August 2016
    GL, it will take hard work, discipline, good fortune and plenty of natural ability, but it can be done.

All the best, hope it works out.

G
  • edited August 2016
    GL, it will take hard work, discipline, good fortune and plenty of natural ability, but it can be done. All the best, hope it works out. G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    thanks man :) just have to put the hours in i guess. GL at the tables bud !
  • edited August 2016
    i have played only a few hours thus far. TBH i am struggling to come up with any sort of idea for MTT management (i should have thought this through before hand). normally i use to have a ton of buyins on stars with the feilds being huge! on here they are quite small and can anyone give me any suggestions on what size i should have barring in mind i have like 6 weeks.
    any feedback would be cool asF. cheers!
  • edited August 2016
    i would stay away from MTT for now and play cash and SNG
  • edited August 2016
    or very cheap sat's to the bigger games, 1.60 mini sat to get into a semi then into the main from there. the deepstacks are good but take alot of time for not enough reward imo.

• edited August 2016
    Okay Doky, i guess I'll stay away till i get to the £150 range then might take some small shot's at the crazy(ness) £5.75's. in the mean time i might play some of the small £2.30's. roll is upto £88 and TBH i could have played alot more. the lag is killing me playing 6 tables.
    anyways I'll keep this updated on what's what and how's how :) cheers and GL!
  • edited August 2016

Good luck with this Mr Jam.

I see you play a few SNG's. Don't forget that this weekend, (from Noon Friday until Noon Monday), there are Double Reward Points on SNG's in the "Happy Days" promo.

It's not huge, but it adds up week after week, & should add a few bob to the 'roll.

You should also consider entering the Sky Poker Premiership. You'd very likely earn a weekly bonus from that, too.

• edited August 2016
    Good luck with this Mr Jam. I see you play a few SNG's. Don't forget that this weekend, (from Noon Friday until Noon Monday), there are Double Reward Points on SNG's in the "Happy Days" promo.   It's not huge, but it adds up week after week, & should add a few bob to the 'roll. You should also consider entering the Sky Poker Premiership. You'd very likely earn a weekly bonus from that, too.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    thanks for the info Tiikay, i will have a look into the sky poker premiership and i will 100% be playing a ton of sit and go's when i get to a certian bankroll.  cheers and GL bud!
  • edited August 2016
    So pretty much break even on the day @ 90 quid for the moment and am undecided if i want get a couple more hours in. Premier league 1 starts tomorrow ithink and lets see if i have motivation to get on the leader board.
  • edited August 2016
    Well well well=- as i have just been studying some of the hands that i have played over the past week or so it's fairly easy to say that i need to stay the F away from PLO cash on here. in the past this has always been my strong point on other sites (mainly PKR) but dayyymm on here just terrible. i must have let my game go on this action, the variance is just way to high risk for such a short period of time. still i haven't played as much as i was set out to play but just plodding along with it. it'll be fun to know how much or how close i will be to the goal by mid september because i know I'll start putting in more and more hours closer to the final date. (I always wait till the last min)
    GL to who's reading.
  • edited August 2016
    pretty long sesh today and well never ended up as good as i wanted i was a win BR @ lil under £220. couple deep runs FT but nope no good see what tomorrow brings might stick to a ton of mmt's on a night as NL mid day is/ or was killling me (bad shots taken)=-unlucky for 5  buyins at 1 point nd big AK vs 55 on A56 Board.