You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Reward for time and effort.

Would it be possibly to reward players who play mtts, who cash,but dont cover their buyins,with a free entry to the same tourney.
It would involve very few players, and take away that "what a waste of time" feeling.
Generally thinking small buyins,as larger tourneys would mean a bigger points return,and attract the moaners.
At first glance, it could change the way the players in the cash play, but i dont feel it would.

Havent quite thought this through as finishing say tenth could be more beneficial than ninth, but not in terms of cash.
It just seems harsh to play for hours and cash and still show a loss.

Comments

• edited August 2016
    What MTTs are there where a min cash is less than the buy in? (I'm not including BHs cos of the dual prizepool aspect)
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Reward for time and effort.:
    Would it be possibly to reward players who play mtts, who cash,but dont cover their buyins,with a free entry to the same tourney. It would involve very few players, and take away that "what a waste of time" feeling. Generally thinking small buyins,as larger tourneys would mean a bigger points return,and attract the moaners. At first glance, it could change the way the players in the cash play, but i dont feel it would. Havent quite thought this through as finishing say tenth could be more beneficial than ninth, but not in terms of cash. It just seems harsh to play for hours and cash and still show a loss.
    Posted by chilling
    Normally in BH tournaments the min cash is close to the buy in when it doesnt excede it. Have you got some examples of min cashes that are a lot lower than buy in?
  • edited August 2016

Hi chilling,

As it would have to be funded from the prizepool, all it does is reduce the payouts to others who finish higher. Not sure they would find that fair.

It'd be very admin heavy too, if they wanted to do it, it would be easier & quicker to amend the payout structure.

I hear you that it "seems harsh", but that's the nature of the beast.

• edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Reward for time and effort.:
    Im talking of the small buyin bh.Seems harsh if you get to soffen a players stack( on a few occasions) dont get the bounties, then min cash for less than the buyin.Its no plea from me,just noticed this morning, popping in on a m8.I seldom play them as id be at work.
    Posted by chilling
    Part of the prizepool is for cashing, part is for knocking players out. Its the nature of the beast. You say players are playing for hours to not make their buy in back but generally if you are playing for hours you would of won a bounty or two so would be in profit if you min cash.