You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hand for Hand question

edited August 2016 in Poker Chat
Hi - Playing Hand for Hand on the bubble in a tournament tonight and realised that I don't fully understand it! I know that the table at each hand has to be completed before another is dealt, but wasn't sure on the rules around knockouts.

So there are 2 tables in play and I am watching the other table as I am short stack in SB. On the other table there is JJ v AK AIPF and the AK wins. This has already ran out and I am in the SB with A6s vs the BB on the other table after it is folded round to me. I was going to shove, but wondered if I lost the hand would I take 11th spot rather than the person who was bust with the JJ as they had more chips than me at the start of the hand?

Thanks
Greg.

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Yeah you'd bubble cos you're both out in the same hand and he covers your stack. If you covered him then it would be a straightforward shove with no bubble risk but as it stands you should be folding pretty much everything!

• edited August 2016
    Thanks for clearing that up harry.
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Hand for Hand question:
    Yeah you'd bubble cos you're both out in the same hand and he covers your stack. If you covered him then it would be a straightforward shove with no bubble risk but as it stands you should be folding pretty much everything!
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    If your happy with a min cash. However if you want to gather chips to move up the pay ladders then A6 is prob a shove imo.
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Hand for Hand question:
    In Response to Re: Hand for Hand question : If your happy with a min cash. However if you want to gather chips to move up the pay ladders then A6 is prob a shove imo.
    Posted by GCDF

You don't stand to gain much by shoving and winning the blinds. It's not gonna increase your chances of laddering much at all. Shoving and potentially losing, when folding guarantees you at least a min cash, feels like an ICM disaster. With the JJ guy bubbling if we fold, our stack has a solid monetary value now.

Someone much better than me can probably offer some maffs to it.

It's all obv dependent on various things but thats just generally speaking ^