You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky broadband cut outs causing losses

edited August 2016 in Priority
Hello, is there any way to claim refunds for losses caused by sky broadband failures, it has cost me hundreds over the last few months and another £21 earlier.

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Unfortunately Sky broadband and Sky poker aren't related by more than name anymore (?), furthermore if you read your contracted terms for any provider of internet it will stipulate something along the lines of 'This ISP takes no responsibilities for loss of earnings attributed to disruption of service, however caused.'.

The only sensible thing I can suggest to you is to pester your current ISP about connectivity issue, get a reduced rate or a line technician sent to look it over. Furthermore you probably want go get back up internet either in the form of 4g that you can tether through your phone, a wireless internet dongle like (3) or a back up home line (the most expensive option).

I hope that helped a little bit.
  • edited August 2016
    Thanks for the reply, I'll certainly look into getting a dongle as my phone is terrible.

Does anyone have any experience using a dongle as backup/know any current deals? I have no idea what specs I need. Is it quick to reconnect and get back logged on to Sky?
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky broadband cut outs causing losses:
    Thanks for the reply, I'll certainly look into getting a dongle as my phone is terrible. Does anyone have any experience using a dongle as backup/know any current deals? I have no idea what specs I need. Is it quick to reconnect and get back logged on to Sky?
    Posted by chiggypig
    I have no experience in phone tethering, But as far as im aware the dongles are literally just USB plug and play, so you can easily have one permanently plugged into your usb ports, or on the desk and if internet fails plug it in, and 10 secs later will be back online.

AFAIK there is a way to get routers or configure your wireless reciever/card to simultaneous take in 2 connections so if one goes down the other still offers persistent internet connection, this unfortunately is way above my level of technically skill.
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Sky broadband cut outs causing losses:
    this unfortunately is way above my level of technically skill.
    Posted by BarrattG1
    Probab;y best if I leave that option for now then!

Will look into a dongle, sounds nice and simple :) thanks for the help
  • edited August 2016

I would suggest that anyone playing the volume chiggy does would definitely need a back up dongle, & most do.

There is zero correlation between Sky Broadband & SB&G.