You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Facing c/r when my range is wide

edited August 2016 in The Poker Clinic
This is a general question rather than a specific hand, just something Ive been thinking about in general

Lets assume I have wide button opening range and will nearly always cbet Axx, Kxx

Villain is decent reg, capable of 3betting light, although doesnt overuse it . Understands position and will recognise I open wide and am cbetting a lot

So lets say I open something like Kh5h on btn, villain calls in BB. Flop comes Ks8d6s. I bet, villain c/r , how do i proceed?
Assume 100BB deep in cash game (although I posted in clinic as think it applies equally to tournaments when reasonably deep stacked)

If the flop is Ks8d2c is there much difference? 

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Lets assume I have wide button opening range and will nearly always cbet Axx, Kxx

Villain is decent reg,

if villain is a decent reg then wide button range + cbetting 90% on Axx Kxx flops isnt going to be good. its going to be a very exploitable stategy.

So lets say I open something like Kh5h on btn, villain calls in BB. Flop comes Ks8d6s. I bet, villain c/r , how do i proceed?

you have top pair and a BDSD so its an easy flat. but notice your top pair is now  a bluff catcher on a volatile board. you may want to strongly consider checking this flop.

If the flop is Ks8d2c is there much difference?

yes. the board is drier and less volatile. it is also a board that is more asymetrically favourable to you than the previous board. cbetting is going to be better on this board as villain wont have as many hands to x/r with. that said when he does x/raise his value range is fairly narrow. you block much of his value [KT, KJ, KT, K8], but be more ready to fold K with weak kicker to sustained aggression.