You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sharkscope use

edited August 2016 in Poker Chat
i was playing in a 5.75 bounty hunter last night in one hand i had aq i raised another player called i wont reveal his name the flop came down as a q high flop so raised my oppentent reraised me so i went all in he had kq i took about 3/4 of his chips he then started to rant calling me a donk saying my graft on sharkscope was like a waterfull i could not believe somebody would look me up on sharkscope in poxy 5.75 bounty hunter all i can think that he saw my record on sharkscope and try to bully me and it backfired i checked out his record it was quite good he may be a GOOD POKER PLAYER BUT COMES ACROSS AS A CHARMLESS  CHARECTER

Comments

• edited August 2016
    not very nice i have seen this happen a couple of times and it just shows these people for what they are gl on the tables and run good
  • edited August 2016
    Just try to ignore them mate, they only ever spout off when you're taking their chips :)
  • edited August 2016
    he wont have a decent graph playing kq like that for long. scope is good but doesnt give a good readout of all players. 

ive had a winning week on poker which doubled my bankroll but scope had me on bad form due to playing lots of sats and didnt win any.

lately we are getting alot of players who like to spout abuse on the tables and some are regs.

pffft facepalm the lot of em ;)
  • edited August 2016
    Do yourself a favour and just minimise the chat box, nothing irritates sore losers like being ignored.
  • edited August 2016
    i think its againts sky pokers rules to call someone out about their sharkscope!
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: sharkscope use:
    i think its againts sky pokers rules to call someone out about their sharkscope!
    Posted by shaun09

Yep so just report the offender to live help and they will pass it on to whoever deals with it.

Works much better than starting a thread and showing the person they have got a reaction from you.

Good luck in your games
  • edited August 2016
    thanks for all the input lads ive left it with  in the hands of the admin staff 
  • edited August 2016
    You might want to ring trading standards too, Its more of a babbling brook that a waterfall. ;)
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to sharkscope use:
    i was playing in a 5.75 bounty hunter last night in one hand i had aq i raised another player called i wont reveal his name the flop came down as a q high flop so raised my oppentent reraised me so i went all in he had kq i took about 3/4 of his chips he then started to rant calling me a donk saying my graft on sharkscope was like a waterfull i could not believe somebody would look me up on sharkscope in poxy 5.75 bounty hunter all i can think that he saw my record on sharkscope and try to bully me and it backfired i checked out his record it was quite good he may be a GOOD POKER PLAYER BUT COMES ACROSS AS A CHARMLESS  CHARECTER
    Posted by freeatlast
    you can email them and get it locked. they seem to be way out anyway. i had only played a 2 months and put one hunred pound in they had me as loseing 3000 i only knew when somebody made fun of me
  • edited August 2016

Guys,

If you want to hide your Sharkscope stats, it's quick and easy, and you don't have to send any emails or ask anyone, you can do it yourself in seconds.

Go to Sharkscope, top right hand side, "Options" and it's easy peasy, 2 more clicks = job done.
  • edited August 2016
    I don't know Sky's policy, but many other poker sites explicitly prohibit this type of chat abuse.

Also it's against SharkScope's terms of use to use the data as ammunition to insult people.

It's not only despicable, but utterly stupid and short-sighted, to insult people based on their poker results. (What happened to 'getting it quietly'...?) Usually it's just ego, 'entitlement tilt', and bad sportsmanship.

I'd report the offender for chat abuse. I would like to see more people get formal warnings for this moronic practice.
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: sharkscope use:
    [QUOTE]I don't know Sky's policy, but many other poker sites explicitly prohibit this type of chat abuse. Also it's against SharkScope's terms of use to use the data as ammunition to insult people. It's not only despicable, but utterly stupid and short-sighted, to insult people based on their poker results. (What happened to 'getting it quietly'...?) Usually it's just ego, 'entitlement tilt', and bad sportsmanship. I'd report the offender for chat abuse. I would like to see more people get formal warnings for this moronic practice.
    Posted by KickaStink

The policy at Sky is exactly what you would expect & hope - if players use Sharkscope Stats to berate others, they will lose their Chat Rights.

I would encourage anyone who suffers or observes this in the chat boxes to report it to CC.

I agree as to your view of these nimcumpoops. Not sure I would use your terms to describe them, but I think we can agree they are really not at all bright. It's quite unusual to see a good or winning player abuse others, though there are a few exceptions, as always.   

• edited August 2016

i opted  out of sharkscope and then the players rattle on i must be hiding something.  They will moan what ever you do. Just play your game and ignore the childrens squabbles.