You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker points

edited September 2016 in The Poker Clinic
i don't think sky poker offer enough opportunities to spend these compared to other poker sites ?

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Welcome to the forum cheerio 
  • edited August 2016
    I personally get more enjoyment out of debating what should be done with accumulated points than using accumulated points .
  • edited August 2016
    Ihave about 30k plus reasons to agree
  • edited August 2016
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Poker points:
    i don't think sky poker offer enough opportunities to spend these compared to other poker sites ?
    Posted by Cheerio44
    Hi Cheerio,

When you say you can't spend them - you DO spend them, every week. That's what the Freerolls you regularly enter are. You use those points to enter those Freerolls. You are spending the points you have earned.

If Freerolls did not have a points criteria attached, we'd have every Tom, Richard & Harry playing them, & bringing no value to the site.

Of course, the more you play, the more points you get, & once you get above 500 points per ewek, that become real money which Sky Poker send to you every Monday afternoon, & which the players then spend.

• edited August 2016
    Obviously not addressing his question Tikay

He clearly means the "20 points to enter £100 freerolls" etc.

It confuses many players and just makes no sense why you show thousands upon thousands of points earned with nothing to spend them on.

e.g

10k points to enter £10k freeroll
  • edited August 2016
    We allready get cash for these points bud what more do u want for free???
  • edited August 2016
    I think the point he is making tikay is that on other sites u can use your poker points to freeroll  satellites to get in to the big tourneys and also buy the sites merchandise ie cards hats 
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker points:
    I think the point he is making tikay is that on other sites u can use your poker points to freeroll  satellites to get in to the big tourneys and also buy the sites merchandise ie cards hats 
    Posted by scrumdown

If its hats you want , I recommend charity shops.
  • edited August 2016
    I don't want owt m8 just saying what other big sites do
  • edited August 2016
    I have a sky poker baseball cap (thin) which was earned through a points promo back in the good old days.

PS Any chance of being able to buy a sky poker hoodie for 16k points would be appreciated.

I also agree with Mumsie.
  • edited August 2016
  • edited August 2016
    same sxxt different day
  • edited August 2016
    as per mumsie not a clue what to do with them  but like to hear your debate on what to do with them
  • edited September 2016
    Hi
    Is 10pts the max you can use on a tournament or can you use more? I to have several hundred and would like say a 100pt freeroll, can anyone advise!
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Poker points:
    Hi Is 10pts the max you can use on a tournament or can you use more? I to have several hundred and would like say a 100pt freeroll, can anyone advise!
    Posted by biggapc
    HI Big,

There is some confusion here as to what these points are, what they are worth & how you use them.

I am assuming you earn between 50 & 500 points per week.

By earning 50 points in a week, you get automatic right of entry into £5,000 worth of Freerolls every week. You MUST earn 50 points the previous week, BUT.....you don't get charged any points to enter those Freerolls.

By earning 100 points in a week you ALSO get given a £2.30 Token, which is yours to enter any SNG or MTT. Again, you do NOT get charged any points for this, but you need the points to earn the token.

So the points left on your Account effectively have no value because you have already been "paid" for them, via access to £5,000 worth of Freerolls &/or the £2.30 Token.

There are some MTT's which require 10, 20, 25 or 50 points to be earned in the previous 24 hours or 7 days. Again, your points are not deducted from your account as far as I know, but you need them to enter.  

• edited September 2016
    Remove the cheap £20 freerolls that need points and make them open to depositing players only,

Reset points every week on sunday night/Monday morning when the reward period is over.

REmove all points from accounts.

Problem solved