You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New MTT format for Sky.

edited August 2016 in Poker Chat
Just an idea for Sky to try. In line with a certain site, bubble rush tourneys. Played one and really like the idea. For those that don't know, blinds start fast (every 3 mins for example) and then once the money bubble burst they slow down each level after (5 mins, 7 mins, 10 mins, 15 mins etc...). 

Could be a way to revitalise the Tuesday Turbo (which is going down and down my n terms of runners) and even be a nice format for Freerolls. Also would be nice to have different buy in levels just on there own. 

Views?

Comments

• edited August 2016
    In Response to New MTT format for Sky.:
    Just an idea for Sky to try. In line with a certain site, bubble rush tourneys. Played one and really like the idea. For those that don't know, blinds start fast (every 3 mins for example) and then once the money bubble burst they slow down each level after (5 mins, 7 mins, 10 mins, 15 mins etc...).  Could be a way to revitalise the Tuesday Turbo (which is going down and down my n terms of runners) and even be a nice format for Freerolls. Also would be nice to have different buy in levels just on there own.  Views?
    Posted by CraigSG1
    Stop playing on that site and play here, then maybe the numbers would increase for the Tuesday Turbo? :)
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to New MTT format for Sky.:
    Just an idea for Sky to try. In line with a certain site, bubble rush tourneys. Played one and really like the idea. For those that don't know, blinds start fast (every 3 mins for example) and then once the money bubble burst they slow down each level after (5 mins, 7 mins, 10 mins, 15 mins etc...).  Could be a way to revitalise the Tuesday Turbo (which is going down and down my n terms of runners) and even be a nice format for Freerolls. Also would be nice to have different buy in levels just on there own.  Views?
    Posted by CraigSG1
    on a serious note though....I doubt increasing the blind levels in the Tuesday turbo would have much of an impact or revitalise it for that matter IMO, cause by the time we get to the last 4 or 5 levels, its usually pretty much shove or fold at that stage.

Plus, if I'm in prime position, then I want the blind levels at this stage to hurt player stacks not help them.