You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New "Ticket to Paradise" - EXCLUDES Priority

edited August 2016 in Poker Chat

To be abso clear on this, you MUST Opt In to be part of this Promo.

And the Opt In code is?

Easy - just go to the Promo Page,
HERE

Comments

• edited September 2016

Morning all.

The previous Ticket to Paradise was Priority Club Members ONLY.

The new Ticket to Paradise is for NON PRIORITY players Only.

It'd be a bit rich to suggest "everyone has a chance", but fo sho, a lot more players can realistically attain a package via this route.

The Week One Target (it may vary, week to week) is 5,000 points, BUT, you do NOT have to be first to get to 5,000 to win a package, though doing so would guarantee it.

All the words and stuff are HERE  

• edited August 2016

The first week starts at 00.01 on Thursday 1st September.

But, please note, you MUST Opt In.

Opt In will be available as and from Monday 29th August.
  • edited August 2016
    Hi Tikay will players who were not in priority this month but will have gained enough points this month to be in priority next month be able to win a prize through the weekly draws? 

As these players wernt in the priority promotion last month so i think it would be unfair to exclude these players for the non priority promotion this month.  Its just to get a better idea if it would be better or not for me to be in priority next month or not.
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: New:
    Hi Tikay will players who were not in priority this month but will have gained enough points this month to be in priority next month be able to win a prize through the weekly draws?  As these players wernt in the priority promotion last month so i think it would be unfair to exclude these players for the non priority promotion this month.  Its just to get a better idea if would be better or not for me to be in priority next month or not.
    Posted by bearlyther
    Can see your point there Conor, but the answer, for a whole variety of reasons, deservedly or not, is "no" I'm afraid. A whole can of worms would be opened if the answer were "yes".

It's up to you whether you go for Prio, of course, but do bear in mind that Prio Club Members get all sorts of promos & benefits, so don't look at it myopically.

Also - & don't mention this to a soul - but the word on the street is that yet another Punta Cana Promo might be announced "quite soon".

• edited August 2016
    All it would be doing would be giving everyone an equal chance to be in the draw in 1 of the 2 months that the promotion was on for priority and non priority players. 

I think its too easy to just say the priority promotion was last month and the non priority promotion is next month without considering the people who wernt in priority 1 month but would be the next so wouldnt be eligible for either promotion.  I think there should be a chance for everyone to be in the draw. I think its something that needs to be looked into so everyone has a chance.  

• edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: New "Ticket to Paradise" - EXCLUDES Priority:
    All it would be doing would be giving everyone an equal chance to be in the draw in 1 of the 2 months that the promotion was on for priority and non priority players.  I think its too easy to just say the priority promotion was last month and the non priority promotion is next month without considering the people who wernt in priority 1 month but would be the next so wouldnt be eligible for either promotion.  I think there should be a chance for everyone to be in the draw. I think its something that needs to be looked into so everyone has a chance.  
    Posted by bearlyther
    It's not a case of "too easy" Conor, there are, as I said, a variety of reasons for the ruling, & Prio Members do get looked after pretty well I'd say. There is ALWAYS a reason why these decisions are made.

I did seek guidance from Upstairs, & they explained their logic & made it quite clear they won't be changing their stance on this. And they most certainly HAVE considered players who were not Prio in August but will be in September.

Note, incidentally, "Free Pass", worth £9,800 of Punta Cana Final Seats to Prio Club Members ONLY has just been announced. 

Details are on the Prio Board, HERE, or the Prio Page, HERE

• edited August 2016
    Sigh

I wanted to be the first to post about what another great promotion this is from Sky.
    But Conor beat me to it
  • edited August 2016
    Would it be possible to change the date of punts cana tourney , it clashes with my Vegas and cruise holiday.:)
  • edited August 2016
    I have opted in, I am in no position to go for the 5k points race but you never know on the ticket draw, it could just happen.

For those who are in a position to try for the 5k points...

Is there an anti-collusion clause and does russian roulette count?

I can't see any mention of RR - so I assume they can be used as they generate points?

My fear is two friends (would have to be well rolled) who would take each other as +1's anyway just start playing high stakes RR tables from midnight and rack up the points in no time at all. They would also hit 5k points at exactly the same time which I am not sure is covered in the T's and C's either.

Clarification on these points before the promo starts would be useful.

• edited August 2016
    I have opted in, I am in no position to go for the 5k points race but you never know on the ticket draw, it could just happen. For those who are in a position to try for the 5k points... Is there an anti-collusion clause and does russian roulette count? I can't see any mention of RR - so I assume they can be used as they generate points? My fear is two friends (would have to be well rolled) who would take each other as +1's anyway just start playing high stakes RR tables from midnight and rack up the points in no time at all. They would also hit 5k points at exactly the same time which I am not sure is covered in the T's and C's either. Clarification on these points before the promo starts would be useful.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Thanks POTO, a lot of questions there, some easy to answer, some not so much. To a degree, it's a matter of interpretation in some cases.

Start with the easy stuff.

Do "Russian Roulettes" count? Yes, they do.

Is there an "anti-collusion" clause? Well collusion is NEVER permitted, for this or any other Promo or poker activity. However, what is deemed collusion. If two players did as you suggested, & just sat & played RR's all day, would that be "collusion"? It's quite a complex one, that. I'm inclined to think it is not collusion in the sense that we understand the term.

Can 2 players sit & do what you suggested? I don't know the answer, but I suspect they could. I think the best way to answer that is to quote this T & C.....

"....10. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to disqualify and not award any prize to any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process, the operation of the Promotion, or violates the terms and conditions or spirit of this Promotion and/or the rules of Sky Poker. Please note: The game play of all Punta Cana package winners will be audited, and any attempt at / or evidence of game play irregularities or collusion will result in the prize being withdrawn and being awarded to the next eligible player...."

Beyond that, I think it's best not to comment further, & simply say to people "be aware".

Bear in mind, 50% (4 of 8) of the Packages will be won by a "Weekly Prize Draw". The very great majority of us - over 99%? - could never win the points race, but we all, or most of us, have a shot via the Prize Draw. That's the beauty of this one, imo.

• edited August 2016
    Would it be possible to change the date of punts cana tourney , it clashes with my Vegas and cruise holiday.:)
    Posted by tomgoodun
    As Mr Channing might say, Tom, "YBA".
  • edited August 2016
    Yes I am in for the golden tickets. Wont get many but then neither did Charlie Bucket and he got to the chocolate factory along with the rich kid.

RIP Gene Wilder.

I just would prefer the 5k race be won by someone playing poker not roulette and preferably against allcomers and not a mate.
  • edited August 2016
    Yes I am in for the golden tickets. Wont get many but then neither did Charlie Bucket and he got to the chocolate factory along with the rich kid. RIP Gene Wilder. I just would prefer the 5k race be won by someone playing poker not roulette and preferably against allcomers and not a mate.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Don't disagree, but it is SO hard to keep coming up with these different Promos every month & cover every possible eventuality.

Sky Poker do more Promos than any other site, by a very long way. Not all of them are perfect, but it always amazes me how they keep coming up with all these different ideas. 

I guess we could pick holes in most of them if we really tried, but on balance, I think Sky Poker work miracles with the variety of Promos they keep coming up with.

And, of course, poker payers, by their nature, always try to find exploitable angles. It's a never ending battle.     

• edited August 2016
    I know we have debated the RR thing before, sometimes the suits allow them to count and sometimes they dont. They are in, so thanks for the clarification. I'll say no more on that one.

The "team work" if collusion is the wrong word does worry me. Not on my own behalf, just like to see the very worthy prize go to a deserving person.

Given the high value of the prze, the +1 in the package, the fact that runners up will have plenty of chances in the prize draw, gaming of the promo with a friend does seem very likely which is a shame. 2 players can cap their losses to the rake if they only play each other making it pretty easy to do. Also runners up will have plenty of chances in the prize draw.

Even banning RRs wont stop the gaming as any HU game can be turned into a RR or as near as it they want to look like poker is being played. 

I would prefer some form of clarification on the interpretation of the phrase "violates the terms and conditions or spirit of this Promotion" 

I reckon that 2 people working together could crack 5k points in hours - it wouldnt take days which would be counter-productive to the whole promotion and in my opinion "against the spirit" of the promotion but would sky poker be justified in banning people for that? 

I don't mean to moan, the whole purpose of the post is to make sure a great promo is played in the right spirit and goes to a worthy winner. 

How many real moan posts will there be if a team do go out and smash the target in hours? 

Or is it open season? Are sky happy for people to game it like this, in which case fine their money their choice - as long as it is clarified before the promo. People can get organising teams and there will be a points frenzy for a few hours.

• edited August 2016

".....gaming of the promo with a friend does seem very likely which is a shame. 2 players can cap their losses to the rake if they only play each other making it pretty easy to do......"

"....I reckon that 2 people working together could crack 5k points in hours - it wouldnt take days which would be counter-productive to the whole promotion and in my opinion "against the spirit" of the promotion but would sky poker be justified in banning people for that?..."

Well look at that another way. You say that 2 players could do it, & I'm sure you are correct.

Equally, several groups of 2 could try it at the same time, say, 6 groups of 2......but only one pairing could win. Would that be right, or fair?

I honestly don't know the answer, but I'm not going to speculate further, except to remind everyone that if, in the opinion of Sky Poker, the Promotion is abused, they have the right to disqualify anyone. I think it's best to leave it like that.

I totally get your point, I do, but I can't really give a better answer, except to say that Sky Poker are aware, & will do whatever they think is right. Players must make their own interpretations as they see fit, & so will Sky Poker.

• edited August 2016
    As per my final paragraph on my previous post. Whether teaming is allowed or not allowed, it is surely better to know before hand?

I would rather teaming be known to be fine and have people organise team mates than have a vague threat that it could all be taken away hanging over any teams.

If teaming is allowed, then it will no doubt self regulate as there will be a limited number of rolled enough non-priority players who have someone they trust enough to team with and who is available on the night. It won't be so attractive to team, the more competitors there are to do it.

I dont expect a definitive answer now, but there is time before the promo starts. I'll say no more. At least I got it out of the way before your plo8 session :-)

• edited August 2016
    As per my final paragraph on my previous post. Whether teaming is allowed or not allowed, it is surely better to know before hand? I would rather teaming be known to be fine and have people organise team mates than have a vague threat that it could all be taken away hanging over any teams. If teaming is allowed, then it will no doubt self regulate as there will be a limited number of rolled enough non-priority players who have someone they trust enough to team with and who is available on the night. It won't be so attractive to team, the more competitors there are to do it. I dont expect a definitive answer now, but there is time before the promo starts. I'll say no more. At least I got it out of the way before your plo8 session :-)
    Posted by Phantom66
    Ha, now the can of worms is open, there is no chance of it going away anytime soon.

As you note, if several "teams" try it, it's self defeating. If 10 Teams paired up, 9 would do their conkers.....

I am aware of Sky Poker's views on this, but as I tried to hint earlier, they don't really want to show their hand right now. Which may sound daft, but there's always a reason.

It's just a Promo, & players should weigh up the pros & cons before entering.

I get the idea that you think I don't understand where you are coming from - but I do. And I am answering the way I am for a reason.

See you tonight, at the tables. ;) 

• edited August 2016
    I've opted in too - but more in the hope of winning a golden ticket than expecting to hit 5000 points before anyone else lol.  

• edited August 2016
    If one were to win this, and for whatever reason could not attend the tournament, do they keep the £1000 that is credited to their account for flights? 
  • edited August 2016
    Hi tikay ,
    Will there be a list on here later .. 
    Of whom and how many have opted in ?
    Thanks 
  • edited August 2016
    Hi tikay , Will there be a list on here later ..  Of whom and how many have opted in ? Thanks 
    Posted by lovejunky
    Hi Norwich City fan. (0-3 v Birmingham? Yikes).

No, there will not be a list of all those who have opted in, that's not something Sky Poker ever do. There will be a "Golden Ticket Weekly Leaderboard" though, on the TTP Promo page, HERE which will show the Top 10 points earners daily.  

• edited August 2016

Russian Roulettes

Please be aware, that contrary to what I wrote yesterday, Russian Roulettes will now NOT count towards this Promotion.

The T & C's will be revised very shortly - this morning - to incorporate this clause. Nobody has been inconvenienced, as it does not start until tomorrow.

Apologies to POTO, who asked very good questions yesterday. I was trying to be a little evasive without telling fibs, & dance around the answer, as I was aware that the Suits were having a meeting yesterday afternoon to decide what their approach should be, & I needed to leave some wriggle room, & not show their hand, so to speak.

Good luck all in the quest to get to Punta Cana in October. The route will not be via Russia.    
  • edited August 2016
    If one were to win this, and for whatever reason could not attend the tournament, do they keep the £1000 that is credited to their account for flights? 
    Posted by HiJoker
    Hi Hi,

Well this is what the T & C's say as to when one wins one.....

"Punta Cana Package & Accommodation Terms & Conditions

1. No cash alternative is available for any part of the Punta Cana packages, nor is any part of the packages transferrable. This includes, but is not limited to the following scenarios:

· A player wins a package but cannot attend. 
    · A player wins a package via another Poker site."

When someone wins a package, before the £1,000 is credited to their account, they have to sign some forms & stuff, confirming that they will attend. Only then is the £1,000 credited.

Now you may well choose to read between the lines there. All I can say is that those are the rules, & that is how the system works.

My personal advice would be if one thinks they may not be able to attend, one should not enter the Promo. Saves a lot of hassle later, believe me.

It's a bit of a problem really, as Sky Poker try to make these things accessible & fun, but there are always some who want to "game" the system, & that can cause furrowed brows, headaches, varicose veins & piles.  

• edited August 2016

The TtP T & C's now state......

"11. Poker Points earned by playing any Russian Roulette Sit & Go's will not count towards the earning requirements of this promotion."

So that's that, then.  
  • edited August 2016
    The TtP T & C's now state...... "11. Poker Points earned by playing any Russian Roulette Sit & Go's will not count towards the earning requirements of this promotion." So that's that, then.  
    Posted by Tikay10
     Well that sounds a lot more reasonable, I still won't win the race though so I am banking on a golden ticket and a lucky draw.
  • edited August 2016
    Space filled.

Nice to see the Roulette is out.

GL to all the Charlie Buckets out there!

• edited August 2016
    Space filled. Nice to see the Roulette is out. GL to all the Charlie Buckets out there!
    Posted by Phantom66
    Ha, very good. Apologies to everyone else, but that relates to a sort of off the record convo I had with POTO, when I asked him to "watch this space".