You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Punta Cana Final THIS Sunday.

edited September 2016 in Poker Chat

Quick reminder, what he said ^^^^^.

In less than 2 months, a bunch of Sky Poker players will be heading off to the Caribbean sun & sandy beaches of Punta Cana for a cracking poker tournament.

This Sunday (28th) sees the 2nd of the Punta Cana Finals.

There are satellites, freerolls, qtr finals, semi finals, liquorice allsorts & how's yer fathers. Anyone at any level can win one of these packages.

I won't be around this weekend, so can't remind folks tomorrow or Sunday, hence the early post.

Look forward to seeing a few regulars qualify. 

GL GL 

Comments

• edited August 2016

The Semi Final this Sunday currently has 30 entrants, & with 1 in 5 getting a seat into the 9pm Final, it needs 50 to cover.

The semi final is at 1900. (7pm for the hard of hearing).

• edited August 2016

The FINAL this Sunday awards 2 x £4,500 packages, & only has NINE entrants (@ £490) so far.

The packages each carry a value of £4,500, so it's unlikely it will cover.

Proper bit of value, that. 

Here are the current 9. Easy game. Ish.

chicknMelt5000creedy85000FeelGroggy5000FREELANCER5000GFKIJKLL5000Lowther975000martinez745000RogueCell5000Sir-Gary5000

• edited August 2016

Whilst we are on the topic of this year's Punta Cana, the players below are already on the flight. If I'm not mistaken, at least 2 of them won the Punta Cana package last year, too.

24Caliber10000
    Alvez1110000
    CxE110000
    dameflop10000
    Ludacris10000
    nickd4993110000
    SaJeR10000
    spopococ10000
    Tatopagao10000
  • edited August 2016

Congrats to last night's 2 winners, FeelGroggy & LiveSnail.

If I'm not mistaken (& it has been known), both qualified from a £21 satellite. 

Well done both, Punta Cana beckons.  
  • edited August 2016
    Huge congrats to the winners - enjoy the sunshine boys (if you get a chance to see any of it!!)
  • edited August 2016
    Congrats to the two winners, it is really worth going. Sorry Rose someone else will have to bring you a shell back this year as I bubbled in the final. It's someone's else's turn anyway :-)
  • edited August 2016
    Thanks both, very unlucky to bubble Gary such a cruel one to bubble that, hopefully you can manage to get yourself a seat still! 
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Final THIS Sunday.:
    Thanks both, very unlucky to bubble Gary such a cruel one to bubble that, hopefully you can manage to get yourself a seat still! 
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    Well done Groggy, you played very well and deserved a win, enjoy .....and hope you can cash in it, aswell as have a ball !

• edited September 2016
    Hi, I know C+E tried to find this out.

However, was it determined how much extra it costs to add a child to the package?

I know at Hard Rock it is $36 per night, but not sure at this new place. Has anyone managed to find this out?

Cheers,

Graham

P.S. Congrats Danny Boy :=)
  • edited September 2016
    Hi, I know C+E tried to find this out. However, was it determined how much extra it costs to add a child to the package? I know at Hard Rock it is $36 per night, but not sure at this new place. Has anyone managed to find this out? Cheers, Graham P.S. Congrats Danny Boy :=)
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Hi Graham,

No, I don't think Sky Poker have addressed that question.

I'm not entirely sure what their view my be, but I suspect they would say it is up to you to sort that with the Venue, or the third party package supplier. As you know, Sky Poker buy ready-made packages for these things, they have no direct relationship with the venue as such.

Sorry I can't be more helpful (assuming I accurately reflected Sky Poker's view), but they don't really have the staff to modify packages for individuals. Something like 25 packages are or will be on offer, so it just gets all a bit complicated if they become bespoke.    
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Punta Cana Final THIS Sunday. : Hi Graham, No, I don't think Sky Poker have addressed that question. I'm not entirely sure what their view my be, but I suspect they would say it is up to you to sort that with the Venue, or the third party package supplier. As you know, Sky Poker buy ready-made packages for these things, they have no direct relationship with the venue as such. Sorry I can't be more helpful (assuming I accurately reflected Sky Poker's view), but they don't really have the staff to modify packages for individuals. Something like 25 packages are or will be on offer, so it just gets all a bit complicated if they become bespoke.    
    Posted by Tikay10

Cheers TK, I realise this, I was just wondering if C+E had heard back from the resort, as I know he was asking them that question. So I was hoping, in a way, that he would respond.

Many thanks for your reply.

All the best,

Graham

P.S. I have messaged CxE1 to see if he has found out this info. 
  • edited September 2016
    Hi Graham,

Sorry not getting back earlier but i dont play much on here. Sky have gone from my second favourite to near last.

As to child. Sky buy from living it, loving it who purchase from LAPT. Unfortunately,its the same girl we dealt with last year, gaby. Enough said.Ive tried everyone but still awaiting a final reply.

On checking melia site, i found that first and second child free so i asked. Last week i was told it could be $75 per night for child but they would check again with hotel. Still waiting for a reply. I cant even get a booking ref number so i can chat directly with hotel. 

Its taken so long that even if they honoured the free child place, I may not be able to take shreya as the price of flights ive booked have gone up considerably.Im so frustrated. Ill check again on Monday and post if i get any news.

For anyone yet to book flights, cheapest outgoing is thomas cook on 24th at £200 from Manchesster. Cheapest return in uk is europa from london on 25th for a week, via madrid. Be careful with luggage allowance on this. Cheapest return is brussels to punta, you will have to book flights to brussels.Ryan air do cheap flightss from manchester. Be careful again with luggage allowance and ryanair cheap flight is NOT to international airport.Also trains to brussels.

Vinny

• edited September 2016
    Hi Graham, Sorry not getting back earlier but i dont play much on here. Sky have gone from my second favourite to near last. As to child. Sky buy from living it, loving it who purchase from LAPT. Unfortunately,its the same girl we dealt with last year, gaby. Enough said.Ive tried everyone but still awaiting a final reply. On checking melia site, i found that first and second child free so i asked. Last week i was told it could be $75 per night for child but they would check again with hotel. Still waiting for a reply. I cant even get a booking ref number so i can chat directly with hotel.  Its taken so long that even if they honoured the free child place, I may not be able to take shreya as the price of flights ive booked have gone up considerably.Im so frustrated. Ill check again on Monday and post if i get any news. For anyone yet to book flights, cheapest outgoing is thomas cook on 24th at £200 from Manchesster. Cheapest return in uk is europa from london on 25th for a week, via madrid. Be careful with luggage allowance on this. Cheapest return is brussels to punta, you will have to book flights to brussels.Ryan air do cheap flightss from manchester. Be careful again with luggage allowance and ryanair cheap flight is NOT to international airport.Also trains to brussels. Vinny
    Posted by CxE1
    To me this sounds more hassle than what its worth haha but thats just me not wanting to be here there and everywhere lol