You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"bum" hunting is bad at sky poker

Bum hunting is a big issue on sky poker, not good when the table breaks as soon as the weak player loses his stack. I witnessed it a lot tonight at the highstakes and for new players this is very off putting.
The guy in question was getting angered by the people joining the table instantly then leaving as soon as he sat out. He switch multiple times and they followed until he bust his stack again.

A anonymous table would probably sort this out as the weak player would feel more comfortable or something like zoom where it switches the table every hand.

Something has to be done about it.

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Name & shame! Dry their game up so that no worser (if you like) players will play them, dry their game up as they dry others games up! Shows how much confidence they have in their game if they aren't willing to play people at the same level as them. 
  • edited August 2016
    Unfortunately it's the nature of the game. Some players blame the site, others the players. Players will never stop doing it, and one could ask why should they? Some people think it's completely fine to table select, but then you MUST set some arbitrary time period to stick around after the rec has left. But then why should they, and is that any different to just doing what you said? If they perceive their edge to be minimal and perhaps non-existent without a recreational, why should they continue to play? Because others have higher moral grounds? I don't think so. I try to avoid doing this sort of thing myself because I dislike the predatory nature of it, but I can't blame others for doing it because I know it's essential for most players to actually make a profit in poker. Also, be careful of those who say they do have a problem with it, becuase you can bet your life they wouldn't just sit around with players better than themselves all day. And in fact, that's exactly what a weak player is, someone who sits with better players than themselves all day without realising it. 

Introducing a fast-fold game would be a great move and would combat this behaviour quite effectively, so I'm with you there. 
  • edited August 2016
    Yeah, you would be dumb not to sit down vs a bad player as its very profitable but to sit out as soon as he loses his money and not play the others is very sh!tty imo.
    It seems the only time anything gets going in the "highstakes" evolves around a fish sitting.

Mostly it is the same on every site with seat scripts but then again other sites have the fast-fold option with some having anon tables to make the rec a bit more comfortable.

For the recreational player something has to be done or else all the recreationals will stop playing = no rake for sky plus games drying up as regs dont want to battle regs even though some will have a big edge on the others.

I felt bad for the recreational player that lost around 3k+ just to see players sit out as soon as another stack was lost. He new what was going on and even said you all best play each other when I leave.......they didnt play lol.
  • edited August 2016
    yeah, I'm with you for sure. It does suck. I'm just not sure there's anything a player can reasonably be expected to do, and I only responded that way because imo players get a bit too much slack for it. But I see your point entirely, and agree with your idea of fast-fold to mitigate the problem.