You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Text with number of Punta Cana tickets?

edited August 2016 in Priority
Is this the number that will be going into the draw or do you use another means to gather the infomation?

The numbers you send via text message are wrong.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• edited August 2016

Morning James.

I don't actually know what all that means, but I've sent it Upstairs, & no doubt it'll get clarified tomorrow (Tuesday).

If there have been some faux pas-aments, apologies.

• edited August 2016

Hi James,

I now gather that the numbers you are sent are ONLY up until midnight the previous day. Therefore they are not quite up to date, as they don't include any play after midnight that day.
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Text with number of Punta Cana tickets?:
    Hi James, I now gather that the numbers you are sent are ONLY up until midnight the previous day. Therefore they are not quite up to date, as they don't include any play after midnight that day.
    Posted by Tikay10
    So are you confirming I get the 53 it said in the text or the 2 or 3 I probably actually got?

Previous week I got 58 tickets as per the text!
  • edited August 2016
    Hi Tikay and thanks for getting back to me,  I did understand the update would be up untill midnight.  Like Matt has said above the ticket numbers are way out in some cases but you weren't to know that.  I just wondered if this was the number going into the draw.  It's all good.

Thank you for the reply to my other question too.

It sounds asthough you have been on one of those new up and coming 'digital detox' weekends.  Apprantely all the rage in the big smoke at the mo.

Many thanks  :)
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Text with number of Punta Cana tickets? : So are you confirming I get the 53 it said in the text or the 2 or 3 I probably actually got? Previous week I got 58 tickets as per the text!
    Posted by MattBates
    Err.....probably not, lol

I've pushed back & asked the Suits to clarify & will get back to you shorty.

• edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Text with number of Punta Cana tickets? : Err.....probably not, lol I've pushed back & asked the Suits to clarify & will get back to you shorty.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    My sincere apologies for an unfortunate typo - "shorty" should, of course, been "shortly".
  • edited August 2016
    Hi Tikay and thanks for getting back to me,  I did understand the update would be up untill midnight.  Like Matt has said above the ticket numbers are way out in some cases but you weren't to know that.  I just wondered if this was the number going into the draw.  It's all good. Thank you for the reply to my other question too. It sounds asthough you have been on one of those new up and coming 'digital detox' weekends.  Apprantely all the rage in the big smoke at the mo. Many thanks  :)
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Thanks James, once the water becomes less muddy, either myself or someone important will clarify.

Love that, "digital detox", if anyone needs one of those it is me, I'm sort of addicted to the internet, so the occasional break really does me good.

I was away with Gill, & I do find myself logging on & having a look when really I should be looklng after her better.

I promised myself I'd be a good boy this weekend. However, a spare hour arose, so I thought I'd take a peek. I was in a weird place, & to connect to WiFi cost £25, but I thought "oh well, guess I'll give it a go" & paid my £25. I was able to get the football results, & the Spa F1 GP result, but when I tried to log into Sky Poker, it said "This site cannot be accessed for regulatory reasons". Marv, £25 up in smoke.       
  • edited August 2016

Hi Guys,

The Office have got back to me on this.

Think the best thing to say is that you should ignore those texts completely, a bit of confusion arose over the weekend.

I think most of you already surmised that. ;)

The cause of the comms error has been identified & will be corrected before the draw.

Grovelly apologies all round, sorry.  
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Text with number of Punta Cana tickets? : So are you confirming I get the 53 it said in the text or the 2 or 3 I probably actually got? Previous week I got 58 tickets as per the text!
    Posted by MattBates
    Well I can now confirm that you SHOULD have been told you had 2 tickets, not 53.

Fat finger syndrome at it's very best. 

Apols.   
  • edited August 2016
    Who won the final draw? :P
  • edited August 2016
    Who won the final draw? :P
    Posted by BarrattG1
    Lol, behave. ;)

I understand the draw will be made sometime today, but as far as I am aware, it has not been done yet.

I think we can reasonably predict that before the draw is made, the Important Suits (as well as Sam) will double & triple check everything.

• edited August 2016

Will this service (Text etc) be available to all when the general 'ticket to paradise' is open to all in September?...or was it just a Priority bonus thing?*

NOT a moan btw, just an enquiry. 
  • edited August 2016
    Will this service (Text etc) be available to all when the general 'ticket to paradise' is open to all in September?...or was it just a Priority bonus thing?* NOT a moan btw, just an enquiry. 
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I really don't know, Alan, but I'll try & find out.

My gut instinct tell me "no", as there are, relatively, a small number of Prio Customers (low hundreds at a guess) whilst there are zillions of non-Prio customers.

Anyway, I'll ask the question.

• edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Text with number of Punta Cana tickets? : I really don't know, Alan, but I'll try & find out.   My gut instinct tell me "no", as there are, relatively, a small number of Prio Customers (low hundreds at a guess) whilst there are zillions of non-Prio customers. Anyway, I'll ask the question.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Yes, that was my initial thinking but there does seem to be a push on more communications coming through from Sky Poker via the text option. The Premiership texts for example. Again, that is only 100 ish (x4).

Zillions of non Prio?....Told you a million times before, stop exaggerating! ;)
  • edited August 2016
  • edited August 2016
    I love sky.
    Posted by IHadTrips7

Ha, that's nice to read, it really is. One of my my quirks & foibles is the juxtaposition of certain threads on here.

Anyway, are you going to tell us what triggered this show of unbridled love & affection?

• edited August 2016
    Thanks for your help Tikay.

Congrats IHT7's, I know you wanted to go.  Have a blast!
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Text with number of Punta Cana tickets? : Ha, that's nice to read, it really is. One of my my quirks & foibles is the juxtaposition of certain threads on here. Anyway, are you going to tell us what triggered this show of unbridled love & affection?
    Posted by Tikay10

Guessing it has to do with poster winning the last prize draw.
  • edited August 2016
    Thanks DTM, hope you bink a sat.