You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Happier Happy Days

edited September 2016 in Poker Chat

Quick note about a change as to future "Happy Days" Promos. (2x Points on SNG's).

For technical reasons I won't bore you with, there always used to run "noon until noon".

From now on, thanks to some tinkering under the bonnet by Team Sam, Happy Days will run "midnight to midnight".

The September Happy Days dates will be.....

Tuesday 6th September to Thursday 8th September. (So THREE full days).

Monday 19th September to Wednesday 21st September. (Again, THREE full days).

Comments

• edited August 2016
    Make sure the powers that be know you are available to work on the 13th or 27th next month then Tony ;)
    You do not want to miss the happiest of happy Tuesdays do you.
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Happier Happy Days:
    Make sure the powers that be know you are available to work on the 13th or 27th next month then Tony ;) You do not want to miss the happiest of happy Tuesdays do you.
    Posted by pompeynic
    Pah.

Too late, Nick, I'm already booked to work on the evening of Tuesday 6th. 

• edited September 2016
    this does not appear to be working at time of writing i have not had double points from midnight
  • edited September 2016
    This certainly did not work for me.  I guess this is another admin error. I shall soothe the pain of disappointment with a glass of wine and some choccies
  • edited September 2016
    Based purely on forum descriptions, I always pictured Sky Sam as more of a Potsie than a Fonzie.

edit:Where did the picture go?
  • edited September 2016
    Based purely on forum descriptions, I always pictured Sky Sam as more of a Potsie than a Fonzie. edit:Where did the picture go?
    Posted by Phantom66
    Umm, I DELETED my reply. Things are moving around fast, sorry.

Will re-rereclarify shortly. 

Sorry for the confusion, someone jumped the gun thing.

BRB 
  • edited September 2016

Happy Days is now working, apologies for the delay. 

Sam had to bang the jukebox.

• edited September 2016
    Happy Days is now working, apologies for the delay.  Sam had to bang the jukebox.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    As long as he wore protection ;-).
  • edited September 2016
    Not one to complain (apart from the obvious TK river specials ;-)), but I played some DYMs just after midnight with the sole purpose of getting the double points early as I dont have a lot of time to play today.

I am bubbling the pay jump in The premier promo (which is a fantastic, very generous promotion) so every point is prisoner.

There are bound to be many more who played thinking the same thing, especially as it was well advertised here on the forum.

Glad it has been sorted now and you have added extra days, but I do think those that played should have some form of recompense.

• edited September 2016
  • edited September 2016
    I agree Hendrik its poor form for players who purposefully may have stayed up or scheduled a session for that time to then be told the morning after about a change of conditions, it's good that the site are essentially compensating the players by having a couple of days at the weekend though, i just hope plans have been made for an employee to reset the lobbys at midnight so we dont see a repeat of the same issue.
  • edited September 2016
    I agree Hendrik its poor form for players who purposefully may have stayed up or scheduled a session for that time to then be told the morning after about a change of conditions, it's good that the site are essentially compensating the players by having a couple of days at the weekend though, i just hope plans have been made for an employee to reset the lobbys at midnight so we dont see a repeat of the same issue.
    Posted by benc
    It no longer needs "an employee to reset the lobby" Mr Benc, it is now an automated process.

And "in before you ask" that was not the problem on Monday at midnight, that was something else. 

It was unfortunate, yes, no doubt about that. However, I would suggest - strongly - that more will benefit from the added weekend (all day Saturday & Sunday) than were disadvantaged by the 8 hour delay in the dead of night on Tuesday morning.

Good luck at the weekend - hope you get the lot.  

• edited September 2016
    tumbleweeds
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Morning Lord Hendo.

I'm not sure whom that was addressed to. I was working last night, so not in a position to do anything other than 1 word replies on my I-pad. (Customer Care do not monitor the forum).

I don't ever swerve tough questions, & I generally answer everyone promptly if I'm around, but the official route remains CC.    
  • edited September 2016
    Not one to complain (apart from the obvious TK river specials ;-)), but I played some DYMs just after midnight with the sole purpose of getting the double points early as I dont have a lot of time to play today. I am bubbling the pay jump in The premier promo (which is a fantastic, very generous promotion) so every point is prisoner. There are bound to be many more who played thinking the same thing, especially as it was well advertised here on the forum. Glad it has been sorted now and you have added extra days, but I do think those that played should have some form of recompense.
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    I do have some sympathy with this, & certainly apologise on behalf of The Business.

I'm a bit conflicted though, on several counts. They have been very generous in "compensating" players by adding a full Saturday & Sunday, to replace 8 hours lost between midnight & 0800 on Tuesday. Of course, that is neither ideal nor convenient for everyone, & the Prem Leaderboards, which run Thursday to Wednesday do certainly add a layer of complexity.

I can see you are on the bubble of a ladder jump in the League One Leaderboard, so completely get your angst. Would 7 games @ £5 (35 x 2 = 70 points) have made a difference? I have no idea, & I suspect neither have you. We may know later today, of course, & fingers crossed it will not have made any difference. 

There is another problem here, too. Imagine I were to request & get agreement to some recompense for you. (And I 100% could). What then happens is that a whole load of others ask the same thing, & demand equal treatment. So for that reason, & having had my fingers burnt badly in the past, I don't really think this is something I want to discuss publically.

The question is not forgotten nor will it be, & I have already mentioned it to Upstairs.

Fingers crossed it all ends well, & you & me run away, get married, & have children & everything.  

• edited September 2016

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.....

Quick reminder that Happy Days continues full pelt all day today (Wednesday) right through until Midnight tonight. Probably.

• edited September 2016
    Hi TK

Thanks for your reply, firstly let me say, I had spent the early part of the morning trying to get through to CC before I typed the 'tumbleweed' comment, please don't take that personally it certainly was not aimed at you (but on re reading I can see it could be miscontrued), I was just surprised that no one else had commented.

I agree that 70 points may not make a difference, but my intention had been to play more as traffic was good, when it became apparent that the double points were not being paid out I stopped registering as did some others, who put in far higher volume than I do.

I fully take on board all the points you raised in your post regarding compensation.

I just want to make clear, I don't like complianing, just felt I needed to air my view on this one.

1. I really think Sky is a terrific site to play poker. 

2. you have a thankless task at the coalface interacting with everyone. 

3. You do it really well and with good humour (mostly ;-))

3. Regardless of all the above if you raise my blind with junk again I WILL bust you

Neil
  • edited September 2016
    Hi TK Thanks for your reply, firstly let me say, I had spent the early part of the morning trying to get through to CC before I typed the 'tumbleweed' comment, please don't take that personally it certainly was not aimed at you (but on re reading I can see it could be miscontrued), I was just surprised that no one else had commented. I agree that 70 points may not make a difference, but my intention had been to play more as traffic was good, when it became apparent that the double points were not being paid out I stopped registering as did some others, who put in far higher volume than I do. I fully take on board all the points you raised in your post regarding compensation. I just want to make clear, I don't like complianing, just felt I needed to air my view on this one. 1. I really think Sky is a terrific site to play poker.  2. you have a thankless task at the coalface interacting with everyone.  3. You do it really well and with good humour (mostly ;-)) 3. Regardless of all the above if you raise my blind with junk again I WILL bust you Neil
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    I note you failed to address my final para.

Is that a "no" then?
  • edited September 2016

Dear "SPAWNY EYED mardy moaner WASSOCK".

"Thanks for your reply, firstly let me say, I had spent the early part of the morning trying to get through to CC before I typed the 'tumbleweed' comment, please don't take that personally it certainly was not aimed at you (but on re reading I can see it could be miscontrued), I was just surprised that no one else had commented......"

Don't want to make a mountain out of a molehill thing here, but in the middle of the night, who exactly did you think would respond? James works regular office hours, Sam works 10am-2pm, but, God bless them both (& everyone else at Leeds) they leave Forum replies to me almost exclusively.

PS - I'm famously grumpy first thing in the morning, so maybe the "tumbleweed" comment hit a nerve.
  • edited September 2016
    Dear " SPAWNY EYED mardy moaner WASSOCK". "Thanks for your reply, firstly let me say, I had spent the early part of the morning trying to get through to CC before I typed the 'tumbleweed' comment, please don't take that personally it certainly was not aimed at you (but on re reading I can see it could be miscontrued), I was just surprised that no one else had commented......" Don't want to make a mountain out of a molehill thing here, but in the middle of the night, who exactly did you think would respond? James works regular office hours, Sam works 10am-2pm, but, God bless them both (& everyone else at Leeds) they leave Forum replies to me almost exclusively.   PS - I'm famously grumpy first thing in the morning, so maybe the "tumbleweed" comment hit a nerve.
    Posted by Tikay10

:-)  proof positive that people do actually read the Grumpy ones Diary...... 

In chronological order;

I need to ask my wife

I tried live chat, not at 1am but around 9 am onwards

I may also be occasionally grumpy first thing....especially when I have a ladies v seniors match at the golf club to start my working day :-)

Water under a 'cement' bridge 

Heres hoping my wife is agreeable  xx
  • edited September 2016

It's "concrete bridge", not cement, you cretin.

Cement is powder, rather like flour or sand. You can't build a bridge out of powder.

Add water & aggregate to cement & you end up with concrete, (or, in some cases, mortar) & now you have something you can build bridges with. Which I hope you'll eventually get over.   

• edited September 2016
    It's "concrete bridge", not cement, you cretin. Cement is powder, rather like flour or sand. You can't build a bridge out of powder.   Add water & aggregate to cement & you end up with concrete, (or, in some cases, mortar) & now you have something you can build bridges with. Which I hope you'll eventually get over.     
    Posted by Tikay10

;-)