You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Another site failure today around 12.30pm

edited September 2016 in Priority
Hi guys,

Just want confirmation from other players and Sky themselves that there was another software failure today around 30 minutes ago...

By the time I was able to get back on I had lost upwards of 50 quid in lost buy ins, whilst I could see regs chatting about it in the boxes (whilst panicking to load/click im back repeatedly and rescue the situation). SJSPANKY im sure i saw you talking about it?

Why does this keep happening? Will the 50 quid be refunded?

The traffic has since died in the lobby sigh.

TIA,

J x

Comments

• edited August 2016

There was a very brief unscheduled outage, yes. It was an "open & shut" thing, & normal service resumed almost immediately & has been fine since. The problem was very quickly identified & is highly unlikely to ever recur.

If anyone believes they were disadvantaged because of this outage, they will need to contact Customer Care who will deal with the matter as fairly as they are able.

Apologies for any inconvenience.  

• edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Another site failure today around 12.30pm:
    There was a very brief unscheduled outage, yes. It was an "open & shut" thing, & normal service resumed almost immediately & has been fine since. The problem was very quickly identified & is highly unlikely to ever recur.   If anyone believes they were disadvantaged because of this outage, they will need to contact Customer Care who will deal with the matter as fairly as they are able.   Apologies for any inconvenience.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for the confirmation. I've done this but they are asking for game number ID's - this is so hard to do as when multi tabling (and still currently playing i must add) finding the ones that were affected is nigh on impossible.

Why does Sky Poker have so many software crashes and technical difficulties compared to other sites? - It's literally one a month without fail...
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Another site failure today around 12.30pm : Thanks for the confirmation. I've done this but they are asking for game number ID's - this is so hard to do as when multi tabling (and still currently playing i must add) finding the ones that were affected is nigh on impossible. Why does Sky Poker have so many software crashes and technical difficulties compared to other sites? - It's literally one a month without fail...
    Posted by Jacquelyn
    Hi again,

Yes, I can see you are still playing via "Find A Player" (£5.50 & £11 DYM's) , so probably best we resume the discussion when you have finished your session.

I completely get it's awkward to remember the Table ID's or specific DYM, but once you have finished your session, it may be possible to find it from "My Account" Hand Histories. Once you do that, pass it on to CC. If you do not get satisfaction that route, send me a PM please & I'll see if I can get someone to look at it.

Turn this upsides down - if Sky Poker did not request some sort of evidence as to the DYM/MTT/Cash Table in question, it would be very exploitable, & everyone would be on the blower claiming to have lost £50 or £100. Not suggesting for one moment you would do this, but some folks would. It's hugely exploitable, or would be, so some checks & balances are needed.

Sky Poker do not have more software crashes than other sites, they have less. (This is factual, from Industry Data, not an opinion). Every minute of unscheduled outage is regrettable, even 1 minute per month (which would barely be measurable as a %) , which sort of shows the standards being aimed for here.

Once again, sorry there was a brief interruption, & if you can sort out the exact DYM/MTT/cash Table, I'm sure Sky Poker will do the right thing.  
  • edited August 2016

Hi Jacquelyn,

Just had a thought.

Sharkscope can help narrow this down - it lists the £5.50's, £11's &  the £16.50 you have played or are playing in today's current session.

If you can identify which of those you were not able to play, or were disco'd from, that might be the quickest & simplest way to sort this.

I DO strongly suggest we discuss this later though, AFTER you complete your session. When multi-Tabling, its very distracting messing around with Forum Posts, as I know only too well, & I'm keen not to exacerbate the problem. 

GL GL with the rest of your sesh.
  • edited August 2016

Traffic levels in the DYM Lobbies now seem to be normal for this time of day.
  • edited August 2016
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for youe help Tikay...

I am now going to list all the games I have played today on sharkscope and give them to customer care.

I am most disappointed - CC have said that because I made a profit of 7 quid today that they will not refund me!!! - That's completely irrelevant - I could have made far more than 7 quid today if I didn't have to close the software down, turn off computer, wait for computer to load, load up sky, click on "im back" on 10 tables etc etc etc...

Plus add on tilt and anger to this, time it takes to email them etc etc etc.

Absolute pain in the backside and happens every single month. 

J x

• edited August 2016
    Posted by Tikay10

Just for the record, this is the process that goes through every multi tabling sit n go regular when your site crashes every month:

- Check internet connection (connection 99% of the time fine and not the issue).

- Log out, log in... (no good)

- Close down software

- Attempt to reload software (when it doesn't reload this is when you know for sure its a Sky problem)

- Check other poker sites and their software just to 100% make sure its Skypoker. They all work, Sky doesn't.

- *Already* by this point, players are stealing blinds and affecting the game - this should be the moment that refunds are distributed, regardless of results.

- Restart computer as this sometimes fixes the issue

- Wait for computer to load

- Load up Skypoker 

- Wait for 10 tables to auto load

- Click "im back" on EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM (why doesn't it auto put you back in the seat??!?!?!)

- Whilst the chaos of loading and clicking im back and repositioning/tiling the tables, of course you get timed out again on some tables

- Click "im back" on the tables you have timed out on

- Finally, attempt to play with a clear head (near impossible as you literally can see money burning infront of you) with lower stacks than what you started with.

- Email Sky Poker

- Write on forum to confirm with other players it was Sky

- Moan about how this happens every month

- Usually get a response with some jargon about cookies, software updates, Acrobat reader, your connection etc (today, surprisingly, this was not the case)

- Reply to Skypoker saying it was definitely them and you have all of this updated

- Find game numbers for Skypoker as for some reason they can't see it themselves on your account?!?!?!?!

- Hope that they see sense and compensate players who have contributed hundreds of thousands of pounds in rake (so far today they haven't).

- And finally, close down Skypoker and play on another site for a few hours because the traffic was far less than it was before the crash.

It is a joke that a "leading poker site" has these issues every single month.

Furthermore, it is more than frustrating that the responsibility to sort this out comes down to the player, and not the staff at Skypoker.

• edited August 2016
    Jacquelyn do you think sky want to have these problems?  Do you think it is good for them?

What does coming on here and ranting and raving achieve?  Why don't you just contact cc, they are usually very helpful.
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Another site failure today around 12.30pm : Just for the record, this is the process that goes through every multi tabling sit n go regular when your site crashes every month:   - Check internet connection (connection 99% of the time fine and not the issue). - Log out, log in... (no good) - Close down software - Attempt to reload software (when it doesn't reload this is when you know for sure its a Sky problem) - Check other poker sites and their software just to 100% make sure its Skypoker. They all work, Sky doesn't. - *Already* by this point, players are stealing blinds and affecting the game - this should be the moment that refunds are distributed, regardless of results. - Restart computer as this sometimes fixes the issue - Wait for computer to load - Load up Skypoker  - Log in - Wait for 10 tables to auto load - Click "im back" on EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM (why doesn't it auto put you back in the seat??!?!?!) - Whilst the chaos of loading and clicking im back and repositioning/tiling the tables, of course you get timed out again on some tables - Click "im back" on the tables you have timed out on - Finally, attempt to play with a clear head (near impossible as you literally can see money burning infront of you) with lower stacks than what you started with. - Email Sky Poker - Write on forum to confirm with other players it was Sky - Moan about how this happens every month - Usually get a response with some jargon about cookies, software updates, Acrobat reader, your connection etc (today, surprisingly, this was not the case) - Reply to Skypoker saying it was definitely them and you have all of this updated - Find game numbers for Skypoker as for some reason they can't see it themselves on your account?!?!?!?! - Hope that they see sense and compensate players who have contributed hundreds of thousands of pounds in rake (so far today they haven't). - And finally, close down Skypoker and play on another site for a few hours because the traffic was far less than it was before the crash.   It is a joke that a "leading poker site" has these issues every single month.   Furthermore, it is more than frustrating that the responsibility to sort this out comes down to the player, and not the staff at Skypoker.
    Posted by Jacquelyn
    This bit would be my biggest concern 
    Sounds very dangerous. Do you have smoke detectors?
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Another site failure today around 12.30pm : Thanks for youe help Tikay... I am now going to list all the games I have played today on sharkscope and give them to customer care. I am most disappointed - CC have said that because I made a profit of 7 quid today that they will not refund me!!! - That's completely irrelevant - I could have made far more than 7 quid today if I didn't have to close the software down, turn off computer, wait for computer to load, load up sky, click on "im back" on 10 tables etc etc etc... Plus add on tilt and anger to this, time it takes to email them etc etc etc. Absolute pain in the backside and happens every single month.  J x
    Posted by Jacquelyn

If true this is more than a little disturbing....
  • edited August 2016
    Jacquelyn do you think sky want to have these problems?  Do you think it is good for them? What does coming on here and ranting and raving achieve?  Why don't you just contact cc, they are usually very helpful.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Hi DTM,

Of course they don't, and of course it isn't - which is why they should look after those that are affected by it so that they come back. By not sorting this out sufficiently they make a bad situation worse?! 

I chose not to play at all this afternoon and took my business elsewhere - ultimately Skypoker lost out on 50-100 pounds of rake because they did not handle this situation properly in my opinion.

This has happened once a month for the last three months running, and no one seems to be able to give an explanation as to why?

As it stands after many emails back and forth they have offered me one 11gpb buy in back, but not because they admit to getting it wrong, rather as a "kind will gesture" - to me, this is not good enough as I know that I was affected far more than this financially.

I don't think it's right and I think other players should know about it - hence the public post.
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: Another site failure today around 12.30pm : Just for the record, this is the process that goes through every multi tabling sit n go regular when your site crashes every month:   - Check internet connection (connection 99% of the time fine and not the issue). - Log out, log in... (no good) - Close down software - Attempt to reload software (when it doesn't reload this is when you know for sure its a Sky problem) - Check other poker sites and their software just to 100% make sure its Skypoker. They all work, Sky doesn't. - *Already* by this point, players are stealing blinds and affecting the game - this should be the moment that refunds are distributed, regardless of results. - Restart computer as this sometimes fixes the issue - Wait for computer to load - Load up Skypoker  - Log in - Wait for 10 tables to auto load - Click "im back" on EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM (why doesn't it auto put you back in the seat??!?!?!) - Whilst the chaos of loading and clicking im back and repositioning/tiling the tables, of course you get timed out again on some tables - Click "im back" on the tables you have timed out on - Finally, attempt to play with a clear head (near impossible as you literally can see money burning infront of you) with lower stacks than what you started with. - Email Sky Poker - Write on forum to confirm with other players it was Sky - Moan about how this happens every month - Usually get a response with some jargon about cookies, software updates, Acrobat reader, your connection etc (today, surprisingly, this was not the case) - Reply to Skypoker saying it was definitely them and you have all of this updated - Find game numbers for Skypoker as for some reason they can't see it themselves on your account?!?!?!?! - Hope that they see sense and compensate players who have contributed hundreds of thousands of pounds in rake (so far today they haven't). - And finally, close down Skypoker and play on another site for a few hours because the traffic was far less than it was before the crash.   It is a joke that a "leading poker site" has these issues every single month.   Furthermore, it is more than frustrating that the responsibility to sort this out comes down to the player, and not the staff at Skypoker.
    Posted by Jacquelyn

I don't go through this process, though I'm not sure I qualify as an SnG reg.

See you next month.

• edited September 2016
    There was a very brief unscheduled outage, yes. It was an "open & shut" thing, & normal service resumed almost immediately & has been fine since. The problem was very quickly identified & is highly unlikely to ever recur.   If anyone believes they were disadvantaged because of this outage, they will need to contact Customer Care who will deal with the matter as fairly as they are able.   Apologies for any inconvenience.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    yeah right
  • edited September 2016
    Jacquelyn do you think sky want to have these problems?  Do you think it is good for them? What does coming on here and ranting and raving achieve?  Why don't you just contact cc, they are usually very helpful.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    work for sky poker do you then?
  • edited September 2016
    And less than a month on from my original post, BOOM, another site failure!!!

This time the lunch time tournament regularly trying to load and failing to do so... "Sorry there has been a problem loading this table, please check your internet connection blah blah blah" - funny thing is the internet connection is fine, a dym table I am on is working and all other poker sites I am logged into are working fine too.

I wonder if I will get my buy ins back this time Sky? - I didn't last time, so lets see how valueable your loyal customers are to you this time.

Ridiculous how often this happens on your site it really is.

• edited September 2016
    And less than a month on from my original post, BOOM, another site failure!!! This time the lunch time tournament regularly trying to load and failing to do so... "Sorry there has been a problem loading this table, please check your internet connection blah blah blah" - funny thing is the internet connection is fine, a dym table I am on is working and all other poker sites I am logged into are working fine too. I wonder if I will get my buy ins back this time Sky? - I didn't last time, so lets see how valueable your loyal customers are to you this time. Ridiculous how often this happens on your site it really is.
    Posted by Jacquelyn
    It is a hard competition but I think you win the award for most moany reg. WP!
  • edited September 2016
    The Client is incredibly buggy ATM, numerous regs have had problems all week including myself. 

Probably worth playing on the web browser for now, you'll have less issues as long as it isn't too inconvienent.
  • edited September 2016
    Hiya, I couldn't agree more with Jacqueline, this has happened to me numerous times this month, during omaha cash games costing me over £2,000 worth of pots , on one hand , £5-10 blinds , pot was £250, I was holding nut straight and nut flush draw and top set  (massive hand ) player bet £150 into the pot and guy reraised £600 and then the software just froze !!! Sky have owned up to this being there fault .... And then offered me a refund of total £30 for this  , this happens on 5 differnet occasions , and  they have offered me a total amount of £150 refund ...
    In one pot alone I had invested over £200 in the pot ! And the other x3 over £300
    In total had roughly £900 invested in pot , and potential earning of over £2+k
    To say I'm fuming is an understand ment , spoke to all members of the priorty team and they have been brilliant  for  customer service , but to say the so called 'poker team' are useless is an understatement , They have clearly never played poker, and don't understand how a bussiness works , to treat a so called priorty player this way , will lose all high stakes regs and Casual players .After being reviewed by management  they have finalised the biggest refund they will offer me is £150 , I have decided to take most my business elsewhere , this month alone I have raked over £7,000, so they will now lose out on roughly £70k a year business !!! 
    Since informing them I will take my business elsewhere , I have not received one phone call or email , asking why ? Or how can we keep you as a customer , it's actually laughable 
    I am annoyed to be taking my business elsewhere , as a parti time player , I enjoy the omaha cash games and some of the bigger tournies , and this month has been a very profitable month . But never mind I will not be treated in this manor so farewell for now multitabling and Late night sessions
    Jermaine