You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2 Entries into 2 different league (premiership promotion)

edited August 2016 in Poker Chat
Not being a spoil sport, or a mard are.. but... Are you allowed to enter 2 different leagues? I find this kind of unfair, and also kind of unfair i didn't know about this. I can see someone who is entered into league 1 and 2.. 

Comments

• edited August 2016
    In Response to 2 Entries into 2 different league (premiership promotion):
    Not being a spoil sport, or a mard are.. but... Are you allowed to enter 2 different leagues? I find this kind of unfair, and also kind of unfair i didn't know about this. I can see someone who is entered into league 1 and 2.. 
    Posted by ALTiltYou
    No, only one League at a time is my understanding.

If someone is in two leagues, it's likely some sort of admin error I would think. I would not worry too much about it, it should self correct, if not, let us know & I'll ask Upstairs to sort it.

The T & C's state.....

"Step 1 → Opt in to your chosen league by entering the promo code. You can only play in 1 league"

• edited August 2016

oh, yes.  well spotted.

there are 6 names duplicated, one of those is in all 4 leagues.

• edited August 2016
    Have they tried to take advantage or isit a system error or they have tried to take advantage and due to a system error they are in more than 1? If the latter can we kick them out, as one is rivalling my spot :D
  • edited August 2016

Gotcha.

Have sent a note up, think you can be reasonably assured the last Leaderboard of this renewal (tomorrow, reflecting play until midnight tonight) will be correct. Probably.

I'll not be very popular Upstairs, sending them notes every 5 mins, but it is what it is, & they will appreciate you making them aware.

• edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: 2 Entries into 2 different league (premiership promotion):
    Have they tried to take advantage or isit a system error or they have tried to take advantage and due to a system error they are in more than 1? If the latter can we kick them out, as one is rivalling my spot :D
    Posted by ALTiltYou
    I doubt anyone has tried to take advantage, the rules are quite clear, & I certainly don't want to cast aspersions against anyone who's name appears more than once, that would be  presumptuous.

It's likely just a data error.

The Office have replied already, & are taking a look at it now. It'll be sorted pdq, I would think.  

• edited August 2016
    Thankyou tikay, i hope they do it in a fair fashion. As even if they just removed them from the leagues that they wasn't doing the better in then still they have gained an advantage by entereing more than 1 league. Hopefully they will only allow them the first league that they entered in, if you get what i am saying
  • edited August 2016
    Thankyou tikay, i hope they do it in a fair fashion. As even if they just removed them from the leagues that they wasn't doing the better in then still they have gained an advantage by entereing more than 1 league. Hopefully they will only allow them the first league that they entered in, if you get what i am saying
    Posted by ALTiltYou
    Yes, it will be "fair" as it always is here, Al.

Don't think we should be suggesting for a moment than anyone has deliberately tried to gain advantage. To my mind, it's probably just a data input error, & certainly not a player or players trying to seek an unfair advantage.

If it is a player being naughty, we'll chop his hands off, as Charlie Endell used to say in Budgie. Far more likely to be at Sky's end though, imo. In theory, it should not be possible to be in 2 or more Leagues afaik.  

• edited August 2016
    Probably is just an error and me being a spoil sport! On the other hand, it is poker and there is money involved so angles do happen!! haha
  • edited August 2016

The Office have confirmed there were some headaches with the data.

All, (or most) of these errors have now been removed, & it should be super smoother from this point on.

Please don't be getting freaked out over these minor issues - if you are entitled to a share of the Premiership prize pool, you will get it.

• edited August 2016
    The Office have confirmed there were some headaches with the data. All, (or most) of these errors have now been removed, & it should be super smoother from this point on.   Please don't be getting freaked out over these minor issues - if you are entitled to a share of the Premiership prize pool, you will get it.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    wrong,someone recieving £3 instead of £7.50 is a pretty major issue :)  to some anyways
  • edited August 2016
    In Response to Re: 2 Entries into 2 different league (premiership promotion) : wrong,someone recieving £3 instead of £7.50 is a pretty major issue :)  to some anyways
    Posted by stokefc
    Shush, you.

Bony cost more than that.