You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ticket to paradise

edited September 2016 in Poker Chat
hi I opted in to the paradise promotion yesterday early hours and I put in a lot of volume yesterday and I don't have any golden tickets on the leaderboard? 

Comments

• edited September 2016
    ditto.

Scored exactly 50 pts so should be on 2 tickets.
  • edited September 2016
    there not enough in league so looks like a mess up.
  • edited September 2016

I've sent the thread upstairs, guys, bear with them please & I'll respond if & when they get back to me.
  • edited September 2016
    The same as phantom opted in 51 points no tickets 
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Ticket to paradise:
    Now this is just an idea( can see the eggs and tomatoes incoming) As Mr Tony plays with his own cash in plo8 games, i see no reason he cant opt in to ticket to paradise.Already going there, i know. But if Mr T was drawn as the winner, he could organise a plo8 game for his ticket.NlHoldem players get most of the carrots, dont they? A Punta holiday via plo8? Never heard the like!
    Posted by chilling
    Hi Chilly Willy.

I guess I could opt-in, but if I were to win the package, I'd feel a bit uncomfortable about it. I get Rewards Money, & Premiership Challenge money, so I do OK. I exist in a sort of grey area between a customer & a part of The Business, so some discretion is required.

As to "already going", that's news to me, nothing has been formalised yet as far as I know. If I get the gig, happy days, but I've done every trip so far, so maybe they will give others a chance this time. If so, I'll certainly not complain. Think they tend to send those most expendable, those who will be missed least, have least essential work to do, so I guess Sam will be the favourite to go.     

• edited September 2016
    The leaderboard is now up to date. Apologies that several people were omitted. Please remember if you are in priority this month, you will not be on the leaderboard.

• edited September 2016
    The leaderboard is now up to date. Apologies that several people were omitted. Please remember if you are in priority this month, you will not be on the leaderboard.  
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Oh dear that's a really big let down, pushed out of a promotion for paying the most take? "Priority"....where is the priority in that? I guess you will say I get to play the "first to 10k points race" promo  for a punta Cana package against all the sickos that can do that in 2 days... Great. No chance.
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Ticket to paradise : Oh dear that's a really big let down, pushed out of a promotion for paying the most take? "Priority"....where is the priority in that? I guess you will say I get to play the "first to 10k points race" promo  for a punta Cana package against all the sickos that can do that in 2 days... Great. No chance.
    Posted by ALTiltYou

The T & C's clearly state.....

"2. Priority customers are excluded from this promotion." It is in the T & C's HERE

There was an identical "Ticket To Paradise Promo" immediately preceding this, in August, for Priority Players ONLY. See HERE

The chances of winning the package in that were  much much greater, as there are, relatively, so few Prio players compared to regular guys.

The September Ticket to Pradise is for non-Prio players only, & it's only right that the regular guys get a fair shot at Punta Cana.

There is also ANOTHER Prio Only Promo for Punta Cana called "Free Pass", details are HERE

So I don't think it is really fair or right to say Prio players have been pushed out. They have had far more opportunity, & still have, than non-Prio players.

• edited September 2016
    I think sky do a pretty good job at both rewarding priority players and incentivising new players to reach priority which the £5k race is likely to deliver.

They also do a great job at finding ways to reward the smaller rolled recs like me who make up the vast majority of the player pool (if not rake) and fuel the whole poker economy. 

While I may have taken issue with some of the finer details, the overall package and varied routes to Punta Cana are pretty darn awesome imo. 
  • edited September 2016
    Yes i understand it was TOC, but as a priority player that rakes in £1k+ in rake a month, we should be in the normal and a priority pool IMO. Yes traffic is important, but what new player who earns 25 points are going to moan that priority players are in their pool when they have a free chance at a 4k package? zero.. Yes they do alot for priority but removing them from a promotion because they are 'priority' is rediculous. They're not going to lose traffic if prio players were in a normal pool, because hey you can pay 10 pence in rake and have a chance at a 4k package. 

Would you honestly moan if priority players were in your pool? Also if you gained priority after hours of grinding a month then to find out you were removed from a promo because you are priority be abit dissatisfied? Just because i gained priority doesn't mean i can compete in the promotions for priority because i can't, i cannot get 10k points in 1 week. Therefore i have no chance of being top 10 in the points race for a package. Therefore how does this give any incentive for small ball players to go for priority, because trust me when you get there most of the promotions are for the highest stake players (points races etc). Although the rake back and freerolls are good. 
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Ticket to paradise : It was quite clearly advertised as a non prio promotion , us little people need a  chance. Chill out.
    Posted by chilling
    Just because i am priority doesn't mean i am not a small player. I am compared to the rest of prio, it took me ages to gain prio this month and loads of hours. I went for it to be in with a better chance at a punta cana package. Not to be removed from an easier one to be substitued for an impossible one for me to compete in. I am not a regular priority player i only go for it when there is a live tournement round the corner hoping for good promos 
  • edited September 2016
    If I am honest, I probably would not have bothered if priority players had been able to enter the prize draw.

However if having excluded them they reinstated them that would be a whole different situation.

It is what it is and I fully understand and support the decision to have 2 separate points races to encourage non-priority players to put extra volume in and be in with a chance of a package.

Makes good business sense to me and also seems inclusive to have tiered points races (like the premiership promo too).

• edited September 2016
    Fair enough but i think you would be the very very minority who wouldn't take part because of prio members being included. 
  • edited September 2016
    Are you saying you put in all those hours after misinterpreting the promo? I can see why you feel aggrieved, but it was there in black and white. You must have surely still benefited though.It was also mentioned that it was a buisness idea.Move on Al.
    Posted by chilling
    If it was in black and white early august then i will apologise 
  • edited September 2016

To clear up any misunderstandings here......

The PRIO ONLY TtP Promo was announced late July & ran throughout August. No mention was made of any future TtP Promo at the time.

It was not made known to anyone that a further "Non-Prio" version would run in September.

The Non-Prio TtP was then announced on August 26th.

It was made known on this forum with a thread with the title -

"New "Ticket to Paradise" - EXCLUDES Priority" 

- which is HERE 
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Ticket to paradise : Oh dear that's a really big let down, pushed out of a promotion for paying the most take? "Priority"....where is the priority in that? I guess you will say I get to play the "first to 10k points race" promo  for a punta Cana package against all the sickos that can do that in 2 days... Great. No chance.
    Posted by ALTiltYou
    +1 I also feel let down by not having a chance in the draw for this. The other priority promotion this month is only for the real big hitters on the site who go for every rake race and impossible for anyone else to have a chance. Mtt players have no chance in a promotion like this. Would have been nice to be included in the draw no matter how slim the chances were in that it would have gave everyone a fair chance. I was a non priority member last month and now im priority this month so didnt get the chance to be in either draw. I didnt even bother to optin for the priority promotion as i know i have no chance in it.
  • edited September 2016
    Ticket to Paradise promo table seems a little off.

This time it's being overgenerous. I thought it had missed me out again, but then I found myself on 9 tickets. Expect I should be on 4.

• edited September 2016

^^^^

Hi phantom bloke.

I will ask them to take a look at this.
  • edited September 2016
    ^^^^ Hi phantom bloke. I will ask them to take a look at this.
    Posted by Tikay10
    No rush 9 is cool by me.
  • edited September 2016
    Ha, we have a happy punter.
  • edited September 2016
    So much woe is me ITT. I really think some people will just never be happy whatever Sky do.

I can't even attempt to try and get to PC cos I'm in Thailand for the last 2 weeks of October. Life really is tough at times but you just gotta take it on the chins.