You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournament Director's Decision

edited September 2016 in Poker Chat

Managed to make it to Walsall yesterday which was good.

Anyway, there were a few interesting decisions yesterday mainly due to dealer errors. Four times, a player only got one card on my table and the TD's decisions seemed a bit inconsistent. One particular decision I thought was worthy of discussion.

Firstly, a bit of history. Earlier in the game, the SB was only dealt one card but only realised this when he looked at his hand and the BTN raised. The TD said that because action had taken place, his hand was dead & that if you only had one card when the first player folded, the hand was dead.

This is probably irrelevant to what happened two levels later but it did contribute to a bit of hostility the next time a player was only dealt one card. In this case, the guy in the BB was down to five antes and decided to depart during the break. On the fifth hand, the dealer put his ante into the pot and folded his hand as "dead" as he wasn't present. I folded UTG. UTG+2 declares "all in" & shoves his chips. The player on the BTN then says "all in" and shows the Ad, saying it is a bum deal. The player in the Cutoff says no it isn't and also declares "all in" when it is his turn to act.

The dealer says that all three "all ins" stand but that the BTN was entitled to a second card as the top card on the deck would have been his anyway. The BTN said he was only joking and only said "all in" because he thought the hand was dead. The Floor was called at this point.

What would be the correct decision?

What do you think was the decision?

Comments

• edited September 2016
    Hi, 

As an novice with no Idea, I say dealers decision stands and the BTn is allin. 
  • edited September 2016

If we are dealt 1 card in NLH (or 3 for that matter) & we don't make the Dealer aware BEFORE action takes placed, our hand is dead.

So in both cases, Mr One Card's hand should be void.

Knowing Grosvenor @ J10, Walsall, no ruling would surprise me.

I was witness to an amazing incident in that very Cardroom a few years ago, which should be a lesson to any angle shooters. If time permits, I'll tell the tale later.
  • edited September 2016
    In this case, the decision was that all three all ins stood & that the button should get his second card which was the 8d. He also got a warning for calling out of turn.

The first all in player had Ac2c and the cutoff had JJ. The flop came with an 8 and a 2 but the turn was an Ace making the button the winner, who went on to cash. In fairness, he apologised & was guilty about his actions.

Have to agree with Tikay. Decisions at J10 are a bit random even on the same day. Look forward to hearing your tale.