You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can someone help me out with this hand, It feels like a weird play from V

edited September 2016 in The Poker Clinic
Me JJ
V: ??

V 3bet to 0.12
M Call

Flop 6 7 A rainbow

V bets 0.28
M calls

Turn 3 
V checks
M checks

River A
M bet 0.48
V all in 2.38?? 

is this a A or a bluff?

Comments

• edited September 2016

Hi F0,

Welcome to the Forum.

Nobody else has replied, & whilst I'm not really much good at NLH these days, I'll have a bash at answering as I don't like to see newbies to the Forum ignored.

I'd be pretty sure we are beat here, & he has the A.

I mean, we are just guessing, aren't we?

Save your money for a better spot.

If I were playing these stakes, I'd have 4 or 5 Tables on the go, waiting for hands, & betting them. We can't do fancy dan stuff at 2p-4p, & we should not overthink these spots, players at this level do not play conventionally. Trying to guess what our opponent is thinking ain't gonna work.

Wait for good hands or spots, & bet them.

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Can someone help me out with this hand, It feels like a weird play from V:
    Hi F0, Welcome to the Forum. Nobody else has replied, & whilst I'm not really much good at NLH these days, I'll have a bash at answering as I don't like to see newbies to the Forum ignored. I'd be pretty sure we are beat here, & he has the A. I mean, we are just guessing, aren't we? Save your money for a better spot. If I were playing these stakes, I'd have 4 or 5 Tables on the go, waiting for hands, & betting them. We can't do fancy dan stuff at 2p-4p, & we should not overthink these spots, players at this level do not play conventionally. Trying to guess what our opponent is thinking ain't gonna work.   Wait for good hands or spots, & bet them.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Thanks for the reply. What level do we start to think? lol. im trying to improve my game. I dont have a clue when this happens, sometimes it smells abit fishy. (im saying that, because i dont understand the check on the turn).

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Can someone help me out with this hand, It feels like a weird play from V:
    Me JJ V: ?? V 3bet to 0.12 M Call Flop 6 7 A rainbow V bets 0.28 M calls Turn 3  V checks M checks River A M bet 0.48 V all in 2.38??  is this a A or a bluff?
    Posted by F0l3Y
    I believe they had an A with a week kicker, they were inexperienced and were worried you had  2 pair or trips
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Can someone help me out with this hand, It feels like a weird play from V:
    In Response to Can someone help me out with this hand, It feels like a weird play from V : I believe they had an A with a week kicker, they were inexperienced and were worried you had  2 pair or trips
    Posted by BigRig

That would make sense why they checked the turn. thank you

• edited September 2016
    Hmm, positions do count, chip stacks and maybe some info on opponent, tendancies etc or if no info.

Personally I would fold flop, given that hes bet pot by looks of it.

Given that you call, I dont mind the river bet, but I would bet river 35-55% pot. When he raises he almost always has Ak/Fh or bluff
  • edited September 2016
    Hmm, positions do count, chip stacks and maybe some info on opponent, tendancies etc or if no info. Personally I would fold flop, given that hes bet pot by looks of it. Given that you call, I dont mind the river bet, but I would bet river 35-55% pot. When he raises he almost always has Ak/Fh or bluff
    Posted by mrleemr1
    Im trying to get into guessing ranges and keeping track of bet sizes. but im a noob, so im trying to get my pfr range, cbets and post flop 3bets correct first (bit of a fish really). i find it really difficuly to put my opponent on ranges. im welcome to suggestions :)
  • edited September 2016
    position pre is vital in this hand, however as played I think you bet fold the river.

Would prefer a 3 bet pre depending on pos.
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Can someone help me out with this hand, It feels like a weird play from V :    its hard to judge if you were right to fold or not(myself personally would have called as you under played your hand and the check by him might have been lots of hands with  7 or 6 in it or smaller pairs than jj like 10s,9s,8s, plus lots of bluffs eg kq,kj, jq,j10 which would make him think again after your call on the flop but when you checked back you were telling him u didnt have an ace but with two aces out chances are he didnt have an ace either ) , the question you should be asking is did you play it right or not.in my veiw you played the hand too passive never really finding were you were,im guessing you were playing heads up and jj is a very big hand,preflop when he raises 3x bb you should have three bet him back to gain imformation or even be happy for all the money to go in. if he folds giving you free money plus an aggressive image,if he calls you have the upperhand andposition and then you can then put him on a range of hands,which should be very wide range as heads up three betting is often standard bet if he reraises he may be  stronger but doesnt mean you should fold as you need to think about that same call made hundreds of times  and jacks will be ahead most times ie you might lose but its still the right call as percentage wise you will be ahead hope that makes sense to you but remember calling you need to win,but being the aggressor gives you more ways to win the hand as he may fold hands that have you beat if you see all the cards.my addvice would be try to be more aggressive and look for patterns in your oppos play.i dont play much cash poker as i love tournies more but if u want some practise id be happy to play u for free play so you can practise just email me and we can sort something out my email is coysaints1967@gmail.com
    Posted by lpool67

STALKER ALERT!