You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ideas for the show.

edited November 2016 in Poker Chat
I watch tuesdays sky poker programme most weeks, but feel Sky dont sell their wares properly. Most of the programme is dedicated towards learning to play, or to play good poker in the correct manner. There should, i think, be a five minute or so slot, with a description of the various game types and buyin levels.Also the various guarauntees that are played on a weekly basis.Showing some footage with commentary, of some bounties being taken.Ramping up the social aspect of the site, with some wonderful contributors on the forums.
You have to enlighten folk as to whats on offer, even tell the viewers that for the more gifted amongst them, theres omaha plo8.

Ps ^^^^^^ red tape anywhere.

Comments

• edited September 2016

Hi chilling,

We are specifically forbidden to do any of that on the Sky Sports platform. If we could, we would.

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Ideas for the show.:
    How are sky allowed to show pot of the week?
    Posted by chilling

There is no call to action in Top of the Pots, either overt or covert.

• edited September 2016
    I cant see the difference between a bounty being taken, or a last hand on a final table hu being shown.Comparing them to the pot of the week. I shouldve stayed on at school.lol.
    Posted by chilling

Ok, let's do a Charlie Munger & turn this upside down.

If they COULD show those things, do you not think they would?.......
  • edited September 2016
    I cant see the difference between a bounty being taken, or a last hand on a final table hu being shown.Comparing them to the pot of the week. I shouldve stayed on at school.lol. Mind, ger did ask me last night what beaudhchais meant.Both deffo failed the 11+. Oooh, ima snitch!!!
    Posted by chilling

Could be that the content of the show in its current format is close enough to the line of what is/ isn't considered a 'covert call to action' that the difference in how these things are considered legally doesn't have to be very big at all for only one of the three to be allowed.
  • edited September 2016

Good morning.

We could go round & round on this forever, & we have, several times in the last 18 months.

TV Shows cannot be advertorials unless they are on a Teleshopping licence. Sky Sports prime time slots do not allow advertorials.

You can watch the EPT Shows (or used to be able to) on Channel 4 or whatever, but you cannot watch PokerStars.com action from their Online tables on any Licenced terrestrial or Satellite TV Channel.

Ditto the Sky Poker UKPC. A TV Show of a "Live" Poker Tournament - subject to extremely strict conditions - can be shown. An Online Sky Poker version cannot be shown.

These are well established rules of both OFCOM & ASA. They cannot be challenged. It would imperil the Gaming Licence of SB&G so to do.

So the Producer (Dan) & his Team at Sky Poker TV (Chan & Louis) have had to re-formulate the TV Show to ensure it is compliant. They have done that wonderfully well. They are right on the line as to how far they can push the boundaries, but remain strictly street legal.

You can rely on them - as I & everyone at The Business does - to keep it that way & continue to do the best they can within the extremely restrictive & complex Regulatory guidelines & rules.