You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Varience

edited September 2016 in Poker Chat
I am on the worst poker run of my poker life at the moment on sky poker.
Every game I'm playing doesn't matter what cards I have I get rivered or lose to any cards
Even if I have aces or kings they get beaten by cards like A 3 offsuit.
When you mention this people say it's Variencei and it will run good again.

I'm absolutely lost to what I'm doing wrong on sky poker because it seems to be this is the only site it happens to me.
I've dropped down and played low level poker min stakes for a while and not really deposited too much.
I totally stopped playing the 5.50 DYM as they seem to have lots of players in collusion on this level not saying everyone but there are certainly strange betting patterns

I make lots of notes on players and myself but at the moment I'm struggling to get any answers for myself to find what I'm doing wrong here

Any ideas would be great I have already had a break ect ect 

Comments

• edited September 2016

Hi Vortex,

Never underestimate the power of variance, no poker player on earth is immune to it.

It's the same Live or Online. I've played on every Online Poker site since the late 90's, & in cardrooms in 8 or 10 different countries. It's the same everywhere.

It arises at different times on different sites, of course. We can run good on Sky Poker & equally bad on Party, or vice-versa.

You just have to play through it.

What you should NEVER do - because you are deluding yourself - is start pointing fingers at the site, the RNG, or others colluding against you. That makes no sense & won't solve anything. 

You even hint at others colluding - well report it, don't hint at it as a reason for losing. It's not really fair to point fingers at others just because we are having a bad run. 

It may also be that you are not playing your A game, which has been affected by loss of confidence. If so, post a few hands up in the Poker Clinic, & some of the Big Boys will be only too pleased to help out with a few words of advice.

Good luck fella, & I hope it changes soon. It always does, sooner or later. If it makes you feel better, use another site - but you will encounter it everywhere sooner or later.

Variance is like the Grim Reaper - there's no escaping it. 

There's an upside though - positive variance. Remember that? Best thing ever.

Good luck fella.     

• edited September 2016
    nothing more to be said the post above says it all
    you just have to ride with it vorty lad and come thru the other side
    gl mate
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Varience:
    nothing more to be said the post above says it all you just have to ride with it vorty lad and come thru the other side gl mate
    Posted by stokefc
    says it  all you must be joking put there by a sky employee who can never admit that sky ever  gets it wrong and collusion does happen  frequently and you will never  stop it