You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MORE BENEFICIAL BEING NON PRIORITY THAN PRIORITY PLAYER????

edited September 2016 in Priority
Hi guys

I am all for a fair crack at the whip, but there are players out there who spend extra hours grinding to make priorty club and have been hard done by this month. Why is there no monthy priorty pormo???and the punta package is only available to NON priorty ???
Whats the point in having a "priorty club" if u actauly getting excluded form promotions??
Unless there is another promo for "priorty players only" in the next couple of weeks???
i am aware there was a small promo at start of the month for a punta final, but this lasted all off 3 days and was alwasys going to be won by the same 10 players

thanks J 

Comments

• edited September 2016
    Having separate punta cana points races for prio and non prio makes perfect sense to me.

Is missing out on the raffle (ticket to paradise) really worth giving up all other prio benefits for? I seriously doubt it so I do not buy the arguement that non prio is better than prio this month.

Any promo that encourages more people to play more gets a big plus in my book as a busier site benefits us all in the long run surely?

• edited September 2016
    Did you not receive an increased rakeback % for reaching priority? Have no priority freerolls been scheduled this month? If you're a winning player then your volume should mean you made more money last month? Isn't that the main reason we put in the hours?

Not sure I'm keen on seeing a priority players pormo either :)
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to MORE BENEFICIAL BEING NON PRIORITY THAN PRIORITY PLAYER????:
    Hi guys I am all for a fair crack at the whip, but there are players out there who spend extra hours grinding to make priorty club and have been hard done by this month. Why is there no monthy priorty pormo???and the punta package is only available to NON priorty ??? Whats the point in having a "priorty club" if u actauly getting excluded form promotions?? Unless there is another promo for "priorty players only" in the next couple of weeks??? i am aware there was a small promo at start of the month for a punta final, but this lasted all off 3 days and was alwasys going to be won by the same 10 players thanks J 
    Posted by jermaine99
    Morning J,

I have moved this to the board reserved for Prio members, & will send a link to the thread to the Priority Team this morning for you.

I have no idea if there will be further Promos for the Prio guys in September - they tend to keep these things close to their chest until they are announced.

The landing page reserved for Prio players is HERE

The Priority Freerolls continue as usual this month. Last night's Prio Mini had 59 runners vying for a £1,000 Prize pool, so that was worth £17 per player. The £2,000 Prio Main Freeroll is next Tuesday, & if it attracts a similar sized field will be worth around £34 per player.

There may be some confusion over the Ticket to Paradise Promo. This was first run recently for Prio Players ONLY. With the (relatively) small number of players qualified to partake, it offered astounding value per head.

It was then run again identically, for non-Prio players. This version had to exclude Prio players, otherwise there would have been no point running it, as the non-prio guys would not have got a sniff of the prizes. Its quite important to Sky Poker to give ALL players a chance to win these things.  

The point is, it WAS run for Prio players only, & so they were NOT, as you suggest, "excluded". I think maybe there is a misunderstanding here.   

I hope that helps explain the position. Any further questions, fire away. Note, as I said earlier, I've sent the thread up to the Prio Team for their perusal & consideration.
  • edited September 2016

I now see that you finished 4th in last night's Prio Freeroll for £110, congrats.

That was barely 48 hours after finishing runner up in Sunday's Super Roller for £2,200.

Think that is worth a few oioi's.

Well done, MBN & all that.
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to MORE BENEFICIAL BEING NON PRIORITY THAN PRIORITY PLAYER????:
    Hi guys I am all for a fair crack at the whip, but there are players out there who spend extra hours grinding to make priorty club and have been hard done by this month. Why is there no monthy priorty pormo???and the punta package is only available to NON priorty ??? Whats the point in having a "priorty club" if u actauly getting excluded form promotions?? Unless there is another promo for "priorty players only" in the next couple of weeks??? i am aware there was a small promo at start of the month for a punta final, but this lasted all off 3 days and was alwasys going to be won by the same 10 players thanks J 
    Posted by jermaine99
    Really surprised you are moaning as there was one instance where it was good not to be in priority. Also if there is a promotion that encourages non priority members to grind some more is that not a good thing? Few players deposit a bit extra as they want to get some more points to get some tickets to give them the chance of getting a package. 
  • edited September 2016
    I'm putting head above the turrets again here and just hope this "critisism" is taken in the spirit it's intended.

I loved the PC promos - probably more so the prize draw than the points race - which to be honest is obviously meant for ferraris drivers of the site rather than my old ford focus.......

I do think however that the exclusion of priority players in the September promo could and should have been handled a bit better.

I was playing a lot in August and increased my number of games being played because I hoped to make priority for September as there was the great promo in August for priority members and I hoped it would be repeated in September.  I think I'd hit approx 5000 points by mid August so was on track for making the 10,000 point target by end of the month.  However in late August (can't remember the exact date and can't find the post now) there was the announcement that the PC promo in September would exclude priority players.  There was obviously no point in my trying to continue to hit priority when the only reason I was trying to hit it was to be able to partake in the PC additional promo.  Now - I was "lucky" in a way - by that I mean I saw the post before I hit the 10000 points and was able to make that decision.  However I feel it was very unfair for other players who were not priority in July (so not qualified to play the priority PC promo in August) and who did aim to hit priority in August so that they could take part in a September priority promo (if there was one).  By the time Sky announced the new promo for September and added the stipulation that players who made priority in August were excluded from the promo I know there were a fair few players who'd already hit that 10000 points target.  I think it's wrong that in effect some of these players have been excluded from BOTH promos.  "Normal" priority players had the chance to play in the August promo but these "New" priority players who had probably grinded more than usual to hit priority had now been penalised for their efforts.  I honestly can't understand why people who only hit priority in August couldn't have been allowed to partake in the September promotions.  

On the subject of priority promos - I personally think there isn't enough information given out about upcoming promos.  By that I mean the information is given too late for normal players (who aren't usually priority) to decide whether or not it's worth them grinding extra to make priority.  I think the PC promo for August was only announced in late July.  By then the only people who'd be able to partake were probably the usual priority members anyway.  Other players who aren't usually in the priority club levels wouldn't have had a chance to suddenly grind 10000 points in a week.

PS I do realise there's rakeback and 2 freerolls - but I don't think that takes away the need for information to be given out in a timely manner to enable players to make "informed" decisions. 
  • edited September 2016
    Sorry bout the long post above - but I've always suffered both verbal and written diarrhoea :)
  • edited September 2016
    Punta cana promo:  You no need grind. Just play 15 min. russian roulette with friend... Lose 1k pound but some bck from rakeback and won promo. This players even no generate extra traffic for sky poker network.

No chance for real grinders. Example the_reflex or Tim.rara can spend whole day but no get nothing. 
  • edited September 2016
    Thanks for the oioi Tikkay, not bad for a part/time casual plo cash game player...might try focus abit more on tournies seems pretty easy Lol

Just to clariffy this post wasnt a dig at sky, in general i think they get there pormos and rakeback deals etc spot on, But this month promos have been very poor. Just feel there should always be an ongoing promoton throughout the month to keep us priorty players grinding/spinning. And we shouldnt have been excluded from punta packages because its worth so much money.

Any way more importantly i need sleep, this week has been an emotinal grind (13k points in 3 days)... to try get 3rd place in prem pormo for £400

thanks jermaine

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: MORE BENEFICIAL BEING NON PRIORITY THAN PRIORITY PLAYER????:
    Punta cana promo:  You no need grind. Just play 15 min. russian roulette with friend... Lose 1k pound but some bck from rakeback and won promo. This players even no generate extra traffic for sky poker network. No chance for real grinders. Example the_reflex or Tim.rara can spend whole day but no get nothing. 
    Posted by dialbi4

Russian Roulette does not count towards the punta cana points race.

• edited September 2016
    I writing about last promo for priority players only.

I saw this exacly.