You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ticket to Paradise Points Race

edited September 2016 in Poker Chat
Hi,

So I grafted my a55 off all day and got to 15k pts woohoo.however sigh I think that JokerPkr beat me there as I saw he was also playing a lot and stopped playing before me.

How many points are you on JokerPkr (if you post here?)

If he did make the points before me, can you confirm that his Russian Roulette games are not counted towards the race as I know they are not included in the race from the other forum post by Tikay, some of the russian roulette games were also in the points accelerator hours.

Fair play JokerPkr if you did get there first, that was fast !

Thanks
Simon

Comments

• edited September 2016

Hi Simon,

I know this was not wholly addressed to me, but I can clarify a few things....

First up, the Ticket to Paradise T & C's state this.....

"11. Poker Points earned by playing any Russian Roulette Sit & Go's will not count towards the earning requirements of this promotion." 

Which can be seen
    HERE

You also mention that RR's were in the "points accelerator" hours.  We have to be careful of terminology here.

"Rewards Accelerator" is for CASH GAMES ONLY, & so Russian Roulettes do not count. Rewards Accelerator WAS running yesterday, but it did not matter as RR's are not included in Rewards Accelerator.

You may be thinking of "Happy Days", which DOES include Russian Roulettes. These points do count towards Rewards payments, but do NOT count towards Ticket to Paradise. However, the question is irrelevant, as there have not been any Happy Days in the current Ticket to Paradise week, which only commenced yesterday (Thursday). 

That's my understanding, anyway.

Half the confusion arises here due to Sky Poker running so many Promos. When you look at all those Promos, it's hard to believe some folks still complain about Sky Poker's Promos. I doubt any other Online Poker site runs as many. There's something for everyone, & their dog too.

I'm only making an assumption, but I'd guess you will have qualified for Priority Club, too, so that's a bit of bonus for October.

Congrats on reaching 15,000 points in double quick time. I have no idea if the other Gent touched you off, but I would guess that the Promo Page will be updated with the position later today. You'll presumably have a stack of Golden Tickets, too. Note that the points race winner has his Golden Tickets removed, as the same person cannot win 2 packages under this Promo. So that might be Plan B for you.  

Mt Dad used to say "God loves a trier", so he must really love you, with all the efforts you made last week & this week.

• edited September 2016
    I think that I'd be more concerned about what the other gent may have done than whether I'd won a package or not.
  • edited September 2016
    Thanks for the clarification Tikay, I just wanted to confirm that if JokerPkr did beat me in the race, that none of the points from his RR's were included as I saw him playing some.

The promotions are very good, thanks Sky.

My dog did comment regarding the promotions that sky run, he said:

"woof"

Simon
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Ticket to Paradise Points Race:
    Thanks for the clarification Tikay, I just wanted to confirm that if JokerPkr did beat me in the race, that none of the points from his RR's were included as I saw him playing some. The promotions are very good, thanks Sky. My dog did comment regarding the promotions that sky run, he said: "woof" Simon
    Posted by InsWinHere

Hi Simon, no Russian Roulette pts will be counted. I can confirm that nobody reached 15,000 pts before midnight yesterday and if somebody has reached the target today it will be announced tomorow.

• edited September 2016
  • edited September 2016

From the Promo page, here

"Congratulations to InsWinHere who is this week's winner hitting the 15,000 pts mark at 00:53 on 16/09/16"
  • edited September 2016
  • edited September 2016

Many congrats, Simon.

You missed the previous week by just 20 minutes, when Boy Wonder Ben pipped you to the post, & then had another monster sweat this week.

I'm really pleased for you, you look like you deserved it. 

Despite last week's disappointment, & this week's close shave, you have been polite throughout. LIKE

I do hope you have a wonderful time in Punta Cana.  

• edited September 2016
    Wooooooooooooooooooooof !

Thanks Tikay, and thanks for your prompt and informative replies. 

GL JokerPkr if you try again next week,

Simon
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Ticket to Paradise Points Race:
    Wooooooooooooooooooooof ! Thanks Tikay, and thanks for your prompt and informative replies.  GL JokerPkr if you try again next week, Simon
    Posted by InsWinHere

Congrats Simon, can I ask what games and stake level you played?

Was it cash or SNG's. Heads up? How many tables?

Cheers,

Graham