You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rubbish downloadable software freezing then goes white

Hard to play HU hypers when the software just freezes and then goes white. Only had this problem today so not my computer or internet.
got sick of the software so had to do it in the browser and it worked fine luckyly I had 180 chips left and ended up winning.
I even wrote to both players Thanks for stealing chips and one person just said Thanks lol.

Comments

• edited September 2016
    I just had the same. Only started yesterday with the Poker Air downloading new software. Now crashes approximately every 5 minutes. Guess I won't be using the software again until this bug gets fixed.
  • edited September 2016
    yep, so fustrating....thank god I dont play 4 big sums of money. guess its a bug in yesterdays update.
  • edited September 2016
    This hasnt happened to me and Ive been playing for a few hours this moaning.

I havent updated AIR either.

• edited September 2016
    same problem - cmon sky - response please
  • edited September 2016
    Updated air this evening and having viewed the posts, wish I hadn't. Same problem, screen freezes bit I can still hear the game playing although I cannot action it. Then I get sky connection problem and have to close down and restart.
    Not good enough sky.
  • edited September 2016

Good morning.

I have made the Office aware of this thread, they will either respond directly, or I will let you know what they say, & try to keep you updated.

As far as I can tell from the player's side of the table, it is not widespread, very few (relative to total players on site) have complained, but that is no consolation to the few who have suffered.

I very much hope that if this problem sits at Sky Poker's end, it will be resolved tout de suite.  

• edited September 2016

Latest update, as at 0850 Sunday.

I sent a note to the suits, it seems they were already aware from some reports made via Customer Care.

The matter has now been escalated to the Tech Team to investigate, &, let us hope, resolved asap.

I'll keep you informed if & when I hear further.

Apologies to those inconvenienced.  
  • edited September 2016

Latest update, 0920 Sunday.

The Tech Team have ownership of this problem now, & are investigating.

They asked the question - did you receive any "Error Messages", or just the blank screen? It would help if you could let us know, & I'll forward it to them.

Have to be honest, I'm not brimming with confidence that this matter will be resolved today, though it might. It's more likely, I would think, to be tomorrow, but fingers crossed it will be an easy one & get's sorted today.

Apologies to those affected.  
  • edited September 2016

If anyone else suffers the same problem, please make it known on this thread, with as much info as possible, as to any Error Messages, & exactly what you do - or don't see - please.

I know this may sound a bit odd, but it may help the Tech guys. It is clear there is a problem, but it is "only" affecting a small number of players at the moment, which makes identifying the symptoms quite awkward as it is fine for most players.

The more info the better. 

Thanks.  

• edited September 2016
    It did happen to me last night after the Adobe Air update.
    What happens is  you can hear the game going on and see the table
    but you are unable to make any plays. Then after a few minutes a message comes up saying
     "Sky Poker connection problems" not sure of the xact wording sorry.
    I closed site and reloaded but it did happen again.
    What I did eventually was uninstalled Sky and Adobe Air and started again.
    So far it has been okay fingers crossed.
    Hope this helps and ty for information. I always assume its me when I get a problem lol
    so its nice to know it might be technical.
  • edited September 2016

Thanks Pat, have sent that upstairs.
  • edited September 2016

Update at 3pm Sunday.

Hi guys,

The Tech Team have been on this case most of the day.

The source of the issue has been identified, but it is very unlikely to be resolved today.

In the interim, the Browser version continues to function normally, so that's a work around you can use for now.

Apologies for these headaches, & I hope that the Browser version will be useful until the Download issue , which is affecting some customers, is resolved.

• edited September 2016
    Hi Tikay,

Jusst seen the recent posts. so thanks for taking up this issue.

I had exactly the same last night as Pat aafter udating adobe air, not much fun when every few minutes the system froze and having to close and reload the site.

I will use the browser version tonight and hopefully the problem will be resolved shortly.

Regards,

Chris
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Rubbish downloadable software freezing then goes white:
    Hi Tikay, Jusst seen the recent posts. so thanks for taking up this issue. I had exactly the same last night as Pat aafter udating adobe air, not much fun when every few minutes the system froze and having to close and reload the site. I will use the browser version tonight and hopefully the problem will be resolved shortly. Regards, Chris
    Posted by oldgolf

Hi Chris,

Thanks for being understanding.

Please be assured it has been fuly escalated, & is being dealt with as a priority.

Weirdly, it does not affect the majority of players, but it deffo affects some.

Fingers crossed it will soon be resolved soonest.

Good luck at the tables tonight.  
  • edited September 2016

Thank you Tikay for making upstairs aware.   Im still having a few problems
    but now I know it will be sorted soon.
    Luckily I only play 1 table at a time maybe 2 so Im not as
    badly affected as some other people so to them hope it sorts out soon.
    Good luck everyone

• edited September 2016
    Same problems here for me had it 5x now crash on me in last few hours goes white then crashes. If it helps did my adobe update earlier and had this problem ever since
  • edited September 2016
    It definitely seems to have been since the Adobe update
    for me. It is now happening about every 20mins ish so Ive now
    tried to take my computer back to before the update to see if that works
    lol. I do hope so Im bored not playing lol.
    Good luck everyone
    Nannypat66
  • edited September 2016

^^^^

I believe it is connected with the latest Adobe Air Update, yes.

If you use the Browser version, it is unaffected.

Fingers crossed it will get sorted tomorrow.
  • edited September 2016
    Same me. Just start after software update.

I even reinstall windows and no solve.

On one pc crash is bit faster, on another(laptop) few minute later. 

Maybe sky should give all of us old version software(link). We uninstall new, install old and will be play how long tech. support no solve this.
  • edited September 2016
    One option for the download client (until it's fixed) could be to run System Restore and check if there's a restore point from just before you updated Adobe Air. Restore to that point and you should be okay (just don't update Air again afterwards).

• edited September 2016
    Hi Guys,

As Tikay has said, we are working on this as the main priority. For now the browser is the best way to play whilst we continue to work on this fix.

Thanks
    Sam
  • edited September 2016
    Thanks Sam I will try that for now.
  • edited September 2016
    Hi All,

Are you able to please advise which version of Windows you are operating that you are experiencing the issue on?

Sam
  • edited September 2016
    Cheers Tikay for taking an interest in this. In my other post i included a screen shot of what happened (but has not been sanctioned by the elves at sky tower) 5-6 times whilst trying to play the main mini and 1500 bh and 7at7 bh was a right pain as had the nuts with people betting into me and all i could do was to reboot the app and start again. Not a good night to be messed about with £60 worth of tournies on the go at the same time. I'm fairly sure its a bug in the latest abode air update possibly back related to those not running the latest windows as the machine i was playing on does not like windows 10 so reverted back to 7.

Cheers Tim
  • edited September 2016
    Cheers Tikay for taking an interest in this. In my other post i included a screen shot of what happened (but has not been sanctioned by the elves at sky tower) 5-6 times whilst trying to play the main mini and 1500 bh and 7at7 bh was a right pain as had the nuts with people betting into me and all i could do was to reboot the app and start again. Not a good night to be messed about with £60 worth of tournies on the go at the same time. I'm fairly sure its a bug in the latest abode air update possibly back related to those not running the latest windows as the machine i was playing on does not like windows 10 so reverted back to 7. Cheers Tim
    Posted by aiken2001
    Hi Tim,

I can't assist with getting the photo approved, but Sam is on the case now, so we'll soon be cool.

Sam is the sort of Winston Wolf of Sky Poker.

Thanks for being understanding while Winston - sorry, Sam - sorts it.  
  • edited September 2016
    carrotman Small blind   50.00 50.00 4010.00
    blondie505 Big blind   100.00 150.00 4350.00
      Your hole cards

BaldusNew Fold     
    aiken2001 Call   100.00 250.00 9472.50
    Itsover4u Call   100.00 350.00 3960.00
    Sillbag Call   100.00 450.00 5275.00
    carrotman Fold     
    blondie505 Check     
    Flop

blondie505 Check     
    aiken2001 Check     
    Itsover4u Bet   300.00 750.00 3660.00
    Sillbag Call   300.00 1050.00 4975.00
    blondie505 Fold     
    aiken2001 Fold     
    Turn

Itsover4u Check     
    Sillbag Check     
    River

Itsover4u Check     
    Sillbag Check     
    Itsover4u Show

Sillbag Muck
    • Q
    • J

Itsover4u Win Three 5s 1050.00  

here is an example of what happens when the app froze just after the flop very frustrating

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Rubbish downloadable software freezing then goes white:
    Hard to play HU hypers when the software just freezes and then goes white. Only had this problem today so not my computer or internet. got sick of the software so had to do it in the browser and it worked fine luckyly I had 180 chips left and ended up winning. I even wrote to both players Thanks for stealing chips and one person just said Thanks lol.
    Posted by Rakebake

I have had the same problem since the Adobe Air update on Frday. When the screen turns white the message ("skypoker.exe" has stopped working) appears and shuts down. This occurs about every 20 minutes.
    A similar fault occured in September 2013.

• edited September 2016
    I didn't upgrade to Windows 10 as my computer didn't like it so I
    uninstalled it. Don't know if that helps.
    I took nosey's advise and went back to a time before the update hopefully its ok now.
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Rubbish downloadable software freezing then goes white : I have had the same problem since the Adobe Air update on Frday. When the screen turns white the message ( "skypoker.exe" has stopped working)  appears and shuts down. This occurs about every 20 minutes. A similar fault occured in September 2013.
    Posted by TheWicked1
    Good Afternoon Sam and all,
                               I have been having the same problem on the download for a few days now. Playing through the browser works fine. I get the same error message as TheWicked1.

I am also running Windows7. Hope you can find a solution soon as I would much rather play on the download,

Regards Ed. 
  • edited September 2016
    Hi All,

The issue we have is in version 23 of Adobe Air. This is the latest update thay was released on 13 September. Running any version prior to 23 will remove the issues. To rollback to 22 you will need to uninstall version 23. You can then visit https://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/archived-air-sdk-version.html and download the relevant Adobe AIR 22 SDK Downloads.

We are continuing to work on a fix for version 23.