You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

No 2.20@2.20?

edited September 2016 in Poker Chat
Has this been removed as part of the MTT revamp? 

I'm all for change and introducing new tournaments but not at the expense of popular micro stakes games such as the 2.20 and 19.45 deepstacks. There is a loyal player base in both of these tournaments, I have noticed that the 19.45 has been replaced by a £5.50 deepstack, this is all well and good, but there are players out there who are regulars in this tournament and might not be able to afford to play a £5.50 buyin.

As for the 2.20 @ 2.20 (which has been removed with no replacement), I'll leave that to rainman to give his view, but I'm sure he will agree that its a bad move by Sky to remove it.

Micro stakes games are a vital part of any site in my opinion. Most new players to the site will start at these stakes, so to remove good bankroll builders such as these deepstacks doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

Comments

• edited September 2016
    well said ryan shocked to see no rainmans 220@220 deepstack & no 19.45 cheapy deepy a lot of players will not be happy sky ?
  • edited September 2016

Hi Guys,

It has not been removed, no.

Sky_James wrote this elsewhere......

"I'm in the process of altering the schedule. All MTTs will have guarantees from now on. For all you deep stack enthusiasts there will be £100 gtd £2.20 games at 2.15pm 4.15pm, 7.15pm, 9.15pm and 11.15pm as well as the £500 gtd deepstack at 7.45pm for £5.50."

I can't comment as today, I genuinely have no idea, but it'll deffo be on at 14.15 tomorrow, & daily thereafter until further notice.
  • edited September 2016
    Yeah have just seen, that's good news then and good of Sky to put £100 gty on it too.

However, "Has anybody mentioned to 2.20 @ 2.15 yet?" doesn't have the same ring to it, but I guess we'll get over it :)
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: No 2.20@2.20?:
    Hi Guys, It has not been removed, no. Sky_James wrote this elsewhere...... "I'm in the process of altering the schedule. All MTTs will have guarantees from now on. For all you deep stack enthusiasts there will be £100 gtd £2.20 games at 2.15pm 4.15pm, 7.15pm, 9.15pm and 11.15pm as well as the £500 gtd deepstack at 7.45pm for £5.50." I can't comment as today, I genuinely have no idea, but it'll deffo be on at 14.15 tomorrow, & daily thereafter until further notice.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Can the new games be announced on the forum? If not the situation will arise as has happened before where people are not aware of a new game so numbers are low then they get cancelled or they dont get enough runners at the start and they dont run. 
  • edited September 2016
    "Has anybody mentioned to 2.20 @ 2.15 yet?"
    Must agree :(   After all the work the lovely Rainman put into heavily promoting the £2.20 @ 2.20pm is there no way this tourney can stay at this original time?  Must admit if I'm online during the day and see that it's just after 2.20pm I'll usually have a go at the tourney.  Shows the power of it now being ingrained in my brain cells as almost auto pilot.

It almost feels like having News at Ten at 9.55pm  - just not the same

• edited September 2016
    mmm......did rainman have a premonition?...............good read rain.
    Posted by chilling
    Ah yes I never thought of that. Must have had some inside info there lol
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: No 2.20@2.20? : Can the new games be announced on the forum? If not the situation will arise as has happened before where people are not aware of a new game so numbers are low then they get cancelled or they dont get enough runners at the start and they dont run. 
    Posted by MattBates
    Hi Matthew,

I am going to ask James if he could let me know of changed or rebranded MTT's in advance, then I'd make it known on the forum in advance. I'll get a bit of flak from the punters, of course, but nothing I can't handle. I'm deffo not critical of James in any way (unlike Sam, obv), but I do think, personally, that we should advise folks in advance. It just saves a lot of tears, tantrums & curly lips.

Anyway, let me have a natter with James & see what he says.  

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: No 2.20@2.20? : Must agree :(   After all the work the lovely Rainman put into heavily promoting the £2.20 @ 2.20pm is there no way this tourney can stay at this original time?  Must admit if I'm online during the day and see that it's just after 2.20pm I'll usually have a go at the tourney.  Shows the power of it now being ingrained in my brain cells as almost auto pilot. It almost feels like having News at Ten at 9.55pm  - just not the same
    Posted by IrishRose
    No, it will move to 2.15 (14.15 if you prefer....), & that's no disrespect to Rainman at all.

They are trying to bring some order & symmetry to the MTT Schedule in readiness for the new MTT schedule, & it makes perfect sense for all these deepstacks be at the same time after the hour. (In this case, 14.15, 16.15, 19.15, 21.15 & 23.15).

It'll be easier for everyone then. 

It just takes a bit of getting used to, like Mum's new hairdo, or Granny's new teeth.  
  • edited September 2016

.....just make it a £2.15 Buy in ;)
  • edited September 2016
    Good evening everyone.
    The £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK IS DEAD.
    Long live the £2.20 @2.15 deepstack.
    All the best.
    Rainman397.
  • edited September 2016
    Good evening again.
    At the moment because of my work shift, i have been unable to play the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK, but  very soon they  have agreed to let me work a 06.00 HRS TO 14.00HRS shift, so will be able to play it everyday soon.
    Would consider it an immense honour if anyone could spare the time to play me Rainman215 @ 2.15 DEEPSTACK.
    Would be great if  a longer late reg period was also introduced, would then be possible for parents to pick up their children from school and still play when they got in.
    All the best.
    Rainman215.
    P.S HAS ANYONE MENTIONED THE £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK YET( ONE LAST TIME REST IN PEACE)

• edited September 2016
    Good evening again .
    Pure fluke i renamed myself Rainman215, but the reason was i always like to be 5 minutes early, for whatever i do work or leisure.
    Excellent news about £100 gtd.
    All the best.
    P.S WOULD ANY LIKE TO PLAY RAINMAN215 @2.15 DEEPSTACK.  
  • edited September 2016

what were the chances of that?

• edited September 2016
    what were the chances of that?  
    Posted by aussie09
    2020/1 
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: No 2.20@2.20? : Can the new games be announced on the forum? If not the situation will arise as has happened before where people are not aware of a new game so numbers are low then they get cancelled or they dont get enough runners at the start and they dont run. 
    Posted by MattBates
    don't we have to ask for this at least once a year?
  • edited September 2016
    no 220@220 or 14.15 today sky?