You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Love Sky Poker but.........

edited September 2016 in Poker Chat
Having been playing online since online poker begun and having played on many platforms, good and bad, I feel I have found my home again with Sky. It does seem a bit nostalgic.

But, I don't get the Poker Points. Most weeks I earn a £2.30 tournament token and can enter the £1000 daily freerolls. I'll take that, thanks, but what can I spend my points on? I see a £25 freeroll with a couple of quid to the winner, but for me, playing 15-25 tournaments with buy ins from £10 to £110, this really isnt rewarding me,

It would be great if these points could be saved for say a decent montly freeroll or used to buy into point satelites for the big weekly or the special live games.

Finally, is there ever a re-load bonus offered? Ive never caught one if there is. They exist elsewhere!

Comments

• edited September 2016
    The points you have in your account are just because they don't get removed when your rewards are credited for the points you earn.

so you earn say between 100 and 499 points you get a £2.30 token but your points just stay in ur account so what your saying is sky give you a free mtt for the points which have already been rewarded for.
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Love Sky Poker but.........:
    so what your saying is sky give you a free mtt for the points which have already been rewarded for.
    Posted by kidwiz10

That would be fantastic and would be in keeping with AN Other

Not pretty seeing a hatful of points which I can't spend or leaves with me the same freeroll buying power as somone who has spent just £1 on tournament entry fees.

It would be great to have an amount to save up for. My 5000 poker points are burning a hole in my virtual pocket!
  • edited September 2016
    You have been paid for your points tho lol?

If u get 10000 points make priority you receive £200 and rakeback but those 10000 points will stay in your account so sky aint going to run special freerolls mtts for the points that they have already paid out for?

I have over 100k points but that's only because they don't get removed when ive been credited my rewards
  • edited September 2016
    You have been paid for your points tho lol? If u get 10000 points make priority you receive £200 and rakeback but those 10000 points will stay in your account so sky aint going to run special freerolls mtts for the points that they have already paid out for? I have over 100k points but that's only because they don't get removed when ive been credited my rewards
    Posted by kidwiz10
    I do understand what you're saying but it's not quite true as they do have a value, just very hard to realise that value.

With your 100k points you could enter 10,000 £20 freerolls and compete for £200,000 in prize money without ever investing another penny on Sky Poker!

If your theory is correct, I don't see the benefit to either Sky or the player by these points being left in the account.
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Love Sky Poker but......... : I do understand what you're saying but it's not quite true as they do have a value, just very hard to realise that value. With your 100k points you could enter 10,000 £20 freerolls and compete for £200,000 in prize money without ever investing another penny on Sky Poker! If your theory is correct, I don't see the benefit to either Sky or the player by these points being left in the account.
    Posted by _Kingcole

Its not a theory it is a known fact, check some of the older threads, just search 'poker points'
  • edited September 2016
    omg here we go again with dead points. You can use the points for the free to enter comps for points.otherwise the points accrued are dead
  • edited September 2016
    In all honesty he has a slight point in that if some free roles need the points then they are not dead and have a value to them. 

However OP, this is a topic I have never understood why people get upset about.  Seems people get upset when variance is against and on a bad run and have £0 in the poker bank and want to play for free to rebuild.

Earn 100 "points" get £2.30 for exchange of them points but the points stay in account so if you decide to leave sky and Come back another week / month they let you play for free. 

Sky put on loads of free roles for players who play on site and make it very easy to register. Same can not be said for other sites.

On an American sit, I get my rake back rewards and on my avatar have 5 stars shining away. Now I need these stars to unlock reward levels.. but can't use the stars. Just sit there. Would you prefer that? 

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Love Sky Poker but.........:
    Having been playing online since online poker begun and having played on many platforms, good and bad, I feel I have found my home again with Sky. It does seem a bit nostalgic. But, I don't get the Poker Points. Most weeks I earn a £2.30 tournament token and can enter the £1000 daily freerolls. I'll take that, thanks, but what can I spend my points on? I see a £25 freeroll with a couple of quid to the winner, but for me, playing 15-25 tournaments with buy ins from £10 to £110, this really isnt rewarding me, It would be great if these points could be saved for say a decent montly freeroll or used to buy into point satelites for the big weekly or the special live games. Finally, is there ever a re-load bonus offered? Ive never caught one if there is. They exist elsewhere!
    Posted by _Kingcole
    Morning.

Pretty much what others have already stated.

You HAVE been paid for those points already, & now they have no value.

If we earn 50-99 points in any given week, Sky Poker give us free entry into £5,000 worth (£1,000 per day) of Freerolls.

If we earn 100 to 499 points in any given week, they give us access to those £5,000 worth of Freerolls, AND a £2.30 Tournament Token.

If we earn 500 or more points in any given week, they pay us cash the next Monday, at 1p per point, which rises to 2p per point depending how many we get.

And that's it, those points have then been paid for, & have NO RESIDUAL VALUE.

I would agree with you totally, really Sky Poker ought to remove them. But they don't. Don't ask.....It does not change the fact though, those points are already "spent", as we have been paid for them. 

Some of us have hundreds of thousands of them. But we've already been paid for them once, so we can't expect to be paid again. The system is great, but leaving the points on our accounts does make it look wrong. But it's not. 

Reload bonus - no, Sky Poker don't generally offer reload bonuses. Instead, they rely on a wide range of Promotions every month, as well as the Rewards Scheme (paid WEEKLY) & each month is different. These can be seen on the Promo Page, HERE (See the left hand sidebar).         

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Love Sky Poker but.........:
    Having been playing online since online poker begun and having played on many platforms, good and bad, I feel I have found my home again with Sky. It does seem a bit nostalgic. But, I don't get the Poker Points. Most weeks I earn a £2.30 tournament token and can enter the £1000 daily freerolls. I'll take that, thanks, but what can I spend my points on? I see a £25 freeroll with a couple of quid to the winner, but for me, playing 15-25 tournaments with buy ins from £10 to £110, this really isnt rewarding me, It would be great if these points could be saved for say a decent montly freeroll or used to buy into point satelites for the big weekly or the special live games. Finally, is there ever a re-load bonus offered? Ive never caught one if there is. They exist elsewhere!
    Posted by _Kingcole
    A complete shot in the dark, but do you & I know each other, & have a mutual friend in Simon, aka "redsimon"? You & he used to do Vegas together every year, & play all the weirdo mixed game stuff. My real name is Tony Kendall, & I knew a guy with your name from back in the day at Gala Notts & a few other venues. I'm talking 10 or 15 years back.

I'm gonna feel a bit stupid if it's not you, but you write in similar vein to the Gent I know. It'll not be the first time I've felt stupid, mind.

I also remember you - if it's you - as you were one of the very few players older than me......

• edited September 2016

I have just one thought to add.
    Without wanting to sound ungrateful, as I appreciate anything for free is a bonus, the £2.30 tournament token is not the ideal gift for all. Would it be possible to give the option of receiving a £2 cash gift instead of the £2.30 MTT token. This would also actually save SKY some money.
  • edited September 2016
     I have just one thought to add. Without wanting to sound ungrateful, as I appreciate anything for free is a bonus, the £2.30 tournament token is not the ideal gift for all. Would it be possible to give the option of receiving a £2 cash gift instead of the £2.30 MTT token. This would also actually save SKY some money.
    Posted by 68Trebor
    Hi 68,

No, that's not going to happen I'm afraid.

I'm guessing The Business want you to spend that £2.30 on Sky Poker, rather than give you £2 cash which you spend on a round of drinks at the pub.

It would not save money, either, as the £2 cash would be "lost" to Sky Poker, & clearly they prefer you to spend it here. And everyone does under the current system.

• edited September 2016

Well rather than £2 cash how about a £2.30 token for ring games.
  • edited September 2016
     Well rather than £2 cash how about a £2.30 token for ring games.
    Posted by 68Trebor
    That's not really possible. A player could take it to the cash table then simply cash out, or dump it off to his mate & he cashes it out.

I really don't see the current Token system changing much, to be honest.

• edited September 2016
    but would like them to give us our deepstacks back?
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Love Sky Poker but......... : I think you could change the word TOTAL, and replace it with LIFETIME. It has more of a history ring to it.
    Posted by chilling

I think this is a really good idea and may well at least go someway to solving this issue.