You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Software problem

Hi guys, I'm not sure whether this is the right place to put this, and I've never posted on a forum in my life, but I'm constantly having to close the software and re-open it tonight. It crashes and a message pops up with 2 messages asking to close the program or trouble shoot it. So I panic close it and re-open asap as I'm a sng player. It's happened 3 times tonight costing me at least £100. I mean, I lose all the time anyway so losing another £100 this method is a big kick in the teeth!

What can I do to solve this? I need to grind for the Premiership promo but I can't if this keeps happening. I just tried playing on the browser but I would honestly recommend pulling your teeth out as a better option to using that! 

I've tried uninstalling the software and then re-installing, I've tried shutting down the computer and restarting.

Thanks in advance 

Comments

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Software problem:
    Hi guys, I'm not sure whether this is the right place to put this, and I've never posted on a forum in my life, but I'm constantly having to close the software and re-open it tonight. It crashes and a message pops up with 2 messages asking to close the program or trouble shoot it. So I panic close it and re-open asap as I'm a sng player. It's happened 3 times tonight costing me at least £100. I mean, I lose all the time anyway so losing another £100 this method is a big kick in the teeth! What can I do to solve this? I need to grind for the Premiership promo but I can't if this keeps happening. I just tried playing on the browser but I would honestly recommend pulling your teeth out as a better option to using that!  I've tried uninstalling the software and then re-installing, I've tried shutting down the computer and restarting. Thanks in advance 
    Posted by The_Reflex
    Good evening The_Reflex,
                                     Sounds like you are having the same problem that many of us have benn having with the latest Adobe Air update. I haven't been able to play on the download for a week without it crashing.
                                     I have just followed shad8604's advice on the "Rubbish Download" thread in the feedback section, and managed to play 2 DYM without problem which was impossible before. I used the link on his/her post which got me to the right place. 
                                     Might be worth a try, you just have to ignore the Adobe Air update prompts until Sky say they have fixed the problem with version 23. Hope this helps,
                                                                            Ed.
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Software problem:
    Hi guys, I'm not sure whether this is the right place to put this, and I've never posted on a forum in my life, but I'm constantly having to close the software and re-open it tonight. It crashes and a message pops up with 2 messages asking to close the program or trouble shoot it. So I panic close it and re-open asap as I'm a sng player. It's happened 3 times tonight costing me at least £100. I mean, I lose all the time anyway so losing another £100 this method is a big kick in the teeth! What can I do to solve this? I need to grind for the Premiership promo but I can't if this keeps happening. I just tried playing on the browser but I would honestly recommend pulling your teeth out as a better option to using that!  I've tried uninstalling the software and then re-installing, I've tried shutting down the computer and restarting. Thanks in advance 
    Posted by The_Reflex
    Hi Reflex,

First up - welcome to the forum.

There has been, & is, a bit of a problem for some players right now, and that is what you are experiencing.

Have a look at the thread I am going to Link you to. The Original Poster is Sky_Sam, who is the Suit who looks after these things & is responsible for the day to day running of the site, & software.

Have a read of it, & any questions, get back to us on this thread. Note that there IS a workaround (uninstalling Adobe Air 23 & installing the previous Version, Adobe Air 22) OR you can use the Browser version which remains totally unaffected. Course, not all of us like the Browser, do we? ;)

Apologies for the problems, & yes, it's a proper headache, but luckily (not for you....) it only affects a small % of the player base. The Techs are working on a solution, but it's not proving quite a challenge.

The thread is
    HERE

Hope that helps, & have a great weekend.  
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Software problem:
    In Response to Software problem : Hi Reflex, First up - welcome to the forum. There has been, & is, a bit of a problem for some players right now, and that is what you are experiencing. Have a look at the thread I am going to Link you to. The Original Poster is Sky_Sam, who is the Suit who looks after these things & is responsible for the day to day running of the site, & software.   Have a read of it, & any questions, get back to us on this thread. Note that there IS a workaround (uninstalling Adobe Air 23 & installing the previous Version, Adobe Air 22) OR you can use the Browser version which remains totally unaffected. Course, not all of us like the Browser, do we? ;) Apologies for the problems, & yes, it's a proper headache, but luckily (not for you....) it only affects a small % of the player base. The Techs are working on a solution, but it's not proving quite a challenge. The thread is HERE Hope that helps, & have a great weekend.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sorry for the late reply Tikay, thanks for helping out with this. As you can see I am a bit scared of forums and totally didn't realise you had gone to all this effort! Thanks again.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Software problem : Sorry for the late reply Tikay, thanks for helping out with this. As you can see I am a bit scared of forums and totally didn't realise you had gone to all this effort! Thanks again.
    Posted by The_Reflex
    No worries Reflex, & I hope the software is behaving a little better for you now.
  • edited October 2016
    Must admit that I haven't played on the site for a while - started playing a bit a week or so ago. Adobe update flashed up but ignored it but today I downloaded it only to find that this then crashes the site after 5 mins.

I see that this problem has been in place since mid September so WHY hasn't this link been quashed if it breaks the app?

Think I'll go elsewhere again!
  • edited October 2016

^^^^

Sorry to hear that Ploppy.

I'll try & get an update for you, but fair to say, the problem with the latest Adobe update is proving quite a head-scratcher. It's certainly not for lack of effort on the part of the Tech Team.

Anyway, I'll see if I can find out if there has been any progress.

• edited October 2016
    ^^^^ Sorry to hear that Ploppy. I'll try & get an update for you, but fair to say, the problem with the latest Adobe update is proving quite a head-scratcher. It's certainly not for lack of effort on the part of the Tech Team. Anyway, I'll see if I can find out if there has been any progress.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay just logged into skypoker on the down load,suddenly the Adobe air tried to install I said cancel but it took no notice ,I shut down the the load down to skypoker and then was asked do I wish to to continue to up date ADOBE AIR I SAID NO , EVERYTHING IS FINE NOW
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: Software problem : Hi Tikay just logged into skypoker on the down load,suddenly the Adobe air tried to install I said cancel but it took no notice ,I shut down the the load down to skypoker and then was asked do I wish to to continue to up date ADOBE AIR I SAID NO , EVERYTHING IS FINE NOW
    Posted by paige55
    SORRY I SHUT DOWN THE DOWNLOAD THAT WAS WHEN THE MESSAGE CAME UP TO CANCEL THAT I DID DO SKY POKER IS WORKING FOR ME NOW
  • edited October 2016

Well done Paige.
  • edited October 2016
    Tikay

Re-Read my post & thought it was a tad rude. Sorry about that.

I appreciate that these thing take time to iron out, however my point still remains valid that the link to download software that is known to cause problems is still in place more than 3 weeks after discovering that it does cause problems.

I would however appreciate an update as to when this problem is sorted

Thanks
  • edited October 2016
    Ploppy, the link (Tikay's link to Sam's thread) is valid because it's the page where users can download Air V22, which is a solution to the current problem caused by V23.

• edited October 2016
    Tikay Re-Read my post & thought it was a tad rude. Sorry about that. I appreciate that these thing take time to iron out, however my point still remains valid that the link to download software that is known to cause problems is still in place more than 3 weeks after discovering that it does cause problems. I would however appreciate an update as to when this problem is sorted Thanks
    Posted by Ploppy33
    Hi Ploppy,

No worries, it was not rude at all. I'm quite used to far worse than that. ;)

Don't think anyone from Sky Poker would disagree that this should have been sorted by now, but it's not for lack of effort, please be assured. They are working closely with the people from Adobe, & the fact that they are a few weeks down the line without resolution does suggest what a headache it has been. It'd obviously bad for those customers who are affected, ditto for Sky Poker, it's the last thing The Business needs.

I'll certainly let you & everyone else know as soon as it is sorted. Might just throw a party, actually.....

As always, apologies.