You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

You could do worse...

edited February 2010 in The Shed
I was at a live tournament last night, and got chatting to the guy to my right. I asked what he did for a living, and he said “Hod-Carrier”. Having enquired what that was exactly, he explained that it involved running up and down ladders all day, with an angular contraption on the end of a pole, that was specifically designed to carry bricks. 

I had no idea what a Hod looked like, but being artistic, grabbed a napkin, and quickly sketched what I thought might be a Hod. He told me the drawing was incorrect, and at that point, the dealer started the next hand.

Just as I was peeking down at 9, 10 suited, the guy tapped me on the shoulder and to my amazement, he actually passed me a Hod saying “This is what a Hod looks like”. Slightly stunned that he'd dragged one of these things into the pub. I nodded in thanks, grateful that he'd corrected me, and continued to look down at my hold cards (or 'crads' if you prefer).

He tapped me on the shoulder again, and as I looked around, he passed me yet another Hod. I smiled thinly, thanked him, and placed this one on the floor, next to the first.

Before I even had a chance to reach for some chips, he tapped me again, by which time, I was getting a bit weary. I looked around, and unbelievably, he was holding a third Hod towards me.

That was it. I snapped “Look mate, what are you doing?”, to which he replied “I'm giving you the correct Hods to call.”

Seeing as it's a Friday, can any other forum readers invent a really bad poker gag, or is it possible that I've already invented the worst?

Secondly, does a suited 9, 10 ever connect with the flop?